E3 2k4: the Thread* (Misc gaming related)

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
The first news about E3 are already leaking, here they are:

• - Square-Enix will change its behavior and will presente a new game at E3, it a sequel to the excellent Brave Fencer Musashi (Psone), it's called Samurai Legend Musashi, on the technical side the game appears to be impressive, and got cartoonish animation for its characters.
    That might be The excellent news of this expo if it turns to be at least as good as the first one was.

- A fansite www.gcadvanced.com could get some photo of the Nintendo stand. Link to the photos
    There's a new (original) zelda for Gba The Legend of Zelda : The Minish Cap, as well as a Mario party advance, a DK: king of swing and a racing game neamed Raging Gear Advance.
    On the Gamecube, Fire Emblem will be presented, as well as Advance Wars : Under Fire and maybe a DK: Jungle Beat (DK got himself into the music that's for sure)

- London Based "Team Soho" gave a name to their Getaway sequel : The Getaway : Black Monday. Hope it turns out to be a ... Game with...err Gameplay. ;)

*The title is a homage to THG , it would be a 100% homage if i called this thread:"The Threat". :LOL:

all i really want to see is...
prince of persia 2
doom 3 (pc) ...not really a fan of the xbox so unfortunately there wont be no d3:pc stuff, maybe a gold announcement? :)
metal gear solid 3
hl2 (ati + valve booths)
playstation portable
nintendo ds
sega's announcement
stalker
the new mortal kombat
the new monolith game
GT4
and maybe .....pics of the Eidos booth with Tera Patrick 8)

theres alot more so im probally missing something.

Heh a new Brave Fencer... It would rock on the PSP, hell a remake or updated port of the first one would rock on PSP.

i hear theres gonna be new halo 2 info at in like a hour over at bungie.net

"Tonight is the big press briefing where Microsoft and MGS shock and awe an arena full of media and press. Don't worry, I know most all of us can't actually be there, so we've got you covered on Bungie.net. As soon as the briefing concludes we'll have our finger on the 'submit' button ready to unleash a barrage of screenshots and new information. Stay tuned!"

all tho im not to interested into halo2, just thought maybe you guys were.

Megadrive1988 said:
On the Gamecube, Fire Emblem will be presented, as well as Advance Wars : Under Fire

this is the much anticipated 'Cube Wars' game, is it not ?

aw.jpg

Yes it look like it's Cube war.
Here's a link Megadrive.
They may have kept the title after a "Market Research", Advance war is now a franchise, so maybe...

A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Konami, i really hope that this one respect the quality of the arcade/Snes beat-them-all. The last installment of the franchise was "ass-tatic".

Screw a remake or enhanced port, I want a sequal. I hope this is one.

Hell yeah, i also want a sequal. Yes it appears to be a new game, so... Champagne? :D

Vysez said:
Megadrive1988 said:
On the Gamecube, Fire Emblem will be presented, as well as Advance Wars : Under Fire

this is the much anticipated 'Cube Wars' game, is it not ?

aw.jpg

Yes it look like it's Cube war.
Here's a link Megadrive.
They may have kept the title after a "Market Research", Advance war is now a franchise, so maybe...

A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Konami, i really hope that this one respect the quality of the arcade/Snes beat-them-all. The last installment of the franchise was "ass-tatic".

Screw a remake or enhanced port, I want a sequal. I hope this is one.

Hell yeah, i also want a sequal. Yes it appears to be a new game, so... Champagne? :D

Why, yes. Of course. ;)

ME0000449394_2.jpg

ME0000449391_2.jpg

ME0000449389_2.jpg

ME0000449390_2.jpg

ME0000449392_2.jpg

ME0000449393_2.jpg

Confirmed.

It will be produced by Takashi Tokita. :?
And Nomura is still at the design "wheel". :D
The opening video will be an animé made by Gainax. :D

The graphics looks... let say, stranges, like a bad video output (i hope it's that).
Because it Over-aliased on those pics.

Have the Japanese gone completely out of their minds? All their male heroes look like cute little girls! :LOL:

Oh well, as long as they're fun to play, hehee... That Mushashi game looks pretty cool, even though the cartoon rendering is a little over the top IMO.

Microsoft's pre-E3 conference:
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=30106&subsectionid=1586

[11/05/04 08:20]
E3 2004: Halo 2 confirmed for November but, otherwise, Xbox's pre-E3 briefing fails to inspire

Halo 2 will be released on 9 November, while Electronic Arts have agreed terms with Microsoft that mean their Xbox games will finally be playable online via the Xbox Live service. Those were the only two major stories to come out of this year's Xbox E3 conference

london-boy said:
That fur just looks wrong. What is this running on?

It looks exactly like the fur of Fox in Starfox Adventures. They seem to have just ported the code to the XBox shaders.

Back