dominATIon

Khronus said:
Just a quick note for any other Win2k users like myself. Be sure and edit setup.bat and replace the folders pointing to "c:\windows\system32" with "c:\winnt\system32" since the installer is assuming you're running XP. If you already ran the installer before, modify the batch file and run it again and it should work.

YEEEEEESSS! Err, that is, "Thank you". My winxp install is not in "windows" directory. I saw Digi mention earlier a different drive letter but I didn't quite twig. . .

Working now. :D

As far as I'm aware, there was to be a free beta first. Then when that expired you either buy or it's bundled with your board.

Rys said:
As far as I'm aware, there was to be a free beta first. Then when that expired you either buy or it's bundled with your board.

So they advertise a feature on the box that you have to pay yet more money for to actually use, when you've already spent £400 on the card itself? I'm sure ATI was bad mouthing Nvidia for charging for pure video, then they go and do the same. While on the box it does say additional software may be needed for some AVIVO features no where does it say that the software will come at an additional cost.

Rys said:

Is it going to be bundled with all boards, or just those AIB that choose to do so?

Is it only early adopters that are being honored by having to pay separately?

I can hear a bean counter somewhere saying "Hey, it's still $5 cheaper than PureVideo!"

geo said:
Is it going to be bundled with all boards, or just those AIB that choose to do so?

Is it only early adopters that are being honored by having to pay separately?

I can hear a bean counter somewhere saying "Hey, it's still $5 cheaper than PureVideo!"
I don't think ATI will mandate that all their AIBs bundle Cyberlink, so early adopters without it bundled with their board, or those that choose an AIB that bundle someone else will have to fork out, as far as I can see.

I must also state that I'm just speculating here, I don't know anything concrete so things could change.

Rys said:
I don't think ATI will mandate that all their AIBs bundle Cyberlink, so early adopters without it bundled with their board, or those that choose an AIB that bundle someone else will have to fork out, as far as I can see.
It's just like DVD/Mpeg2 softwares that are bundle, or not, with DVD drive and/or Cards that support Mpeg2 accelerations.

Back