Dolby Atmos Support?

There's a fundamental, physical difference. Spatial audio for headphones cannot work properly on speakers placed in front of you.
when I had some extra cash to spend I am thinking of getting new headphones and see if it makes a difference compared to normal audio and also compared to having Dolby Atmos enabled with the sound coming out in front of you. For now, I am using it every single day and got used to it so I feel comfortable enough with it despite the fact that my laptop remains silent most of the time, especially when I am studying.

too much music is disturbing me while gaming... Repetitive, boring, too loud... So I usually put music volume to zero as its often too much invading on games... Hope they find a way to increase environment sounds while also use music but with more care and also variety... Prey the last game I played was one of the rare game where I did not switch music off... But music was not always on by authors choice. And it was used in fine way and really filmtrack-like.... Liked a lot environmental sounds.... I think Atmos or whatever format that helps with true 3d environmental sounds is wellcome in games as it really adds a lot. As most gamers I use Headphones. I play late in the evening :)

Last edited:
too much music is disturbing me while gaming... Repetitive, boring, too loud... So I usually put music volume to zero as its often too much invading on games... Hope they find a way to increase environment sounds while also use music but with more care and also variety... Prey the last game I played was one of the rare game where I did not switch music off... But music was not always on by authors choice. And it was used in fine way and really filmtrack-like.... Liked a lot environmental sounds.... I think Atmos or whatever format that helps with true 3d environmental sounds is wellcome in games as it really adds a lot. As most gamers I use Headphones. I play late in the evening :)
Heroes of Might and Magic or Skyrim, and the likes, have so great music, imho, that I don't mind. What really buggered me off was the switch from MIDI music to all pre-recorded music in gaming. I loved to fiddle around with the music and edit it using Cakewalk or MIDI Orchestrator Plus and the likes. Only the fact that the original Xbox allowed you to use your own music in games helped to mitigate that somewhat, but it was just MP3 and so on..

I really like the games that have no music except for certain targeted occasions. For example, when entering battle, or to emphasis a particularly tragic or particularly joyous scene.

If the music is on all the time, I'll put it down to either 0% or where it's just barely audible. I'll unfortunately miss some good music because of this, but I avoid the annoyance of music on all the time, much of which I don't like. Soundtracks let me enjoy the good music in a game if a friend tells me about it.

Regards,
SB

Even with Atmos, you’ll still get annoying music and jingles. It will just come from more angles ;)

Even with Atmos, you’ll still get annoying music and jingles. It will just come from more angles ;)

Horror style games should be amazeballs with Dolby Atmos! I can't imagine how I could have been truly afraid when first playing F.E.A.R. if it had real solid surround sound support. Insert a few well placed whispers from the little girl apparition so its immediately behind you running from one side to the other. Enough to get the gamers to actually turn around quickly or flinch.

Horror style games should be amazeballs with Dolby Atmos! I can't imagine how I could have been truly afraid when first playing F.E.A.R. if it had real solid surround sound support. Insert a few well placed whispers from the little girl apparition so its immediately behind you running from one side to the other. Enough to get the gamers to actually turn around quickly or flinch.

Even more so with the added verticality of a full Atmos setup and good in game implementation. Imagine also hearing those sounds...above you.

Regards,
SB

I really like the games that have no music except for certain targeted occasions. For example, when entering battle, or to emphasis a particularly tragic or particularly joyous scene.

If the music is on all the time, I'll put it down to either 0% or where it's just barely audible. I'll unfortunately miss some good music because of this, but I avoid the annoyance of music on all the time, much of which I don't like. Soundtracks let me enjoy the good music in a game if a friend tells me about it.

Regards,
SB
Music to me is essential in games. There are times where I turn it off or decrease the volume to almost non audible levels if it annoys me, or when I don't like it. But music in games like Heroes of Might and Magic goes so well with the setting that I don't understand the game without it.

My sister, which isn't a gamer, told me not so long ago that she loved Castlevania IV because she remembered the music and it gave her the goosebumps. I asked which song was she talking about and she meant the song of the first stage in Castlevania IV.

Music can set the mood for so many games. Think of Doom 64...it's just MIDI on a soundfont, but sooo good.

yes... I'd probably add a control in the game (full, partial, minimal) soundtrack... If minimal I like it. As Silent Budda sayd.

Back