Does Xbox need a God of War type franchise?

Yeah, Xbox as well as PC could use God of War and/or Uncharted type of brand. Latest Tomb Raider was best in series (I played Tomb Raider first, then Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. I've played rest earlier when they were new) and while there's too many "epic" quicktime scenes for my taste, general public don't seem to mind 'em and at least tolerate 'em like me. I'd buy GoW or Uncharted type of game... at least from Steam sales.

While I'm fine with them coming to PC or Xbox, I don't think they need it.

I played some GoW on the PS2 and the first game was neat in a novel way, but grew bored of the game by the time the second one rolled around.

And never did get into Uncharted. Look at my past history and I don't mind on rails shooters (I actually like them!). But Uncharted is way too on rails for me without enough good gameplay to back it up. It's fine for people that want to watch a movie in the guise of a game, and I suppose it's good at that. Certainly not for me though.

It doesn't help that I think QTEs are the absolute worst thing ever introduced to gaming and both of those games feature extensive QTEs (at least GoW does, didn't play enough Uncharted to find out whether there's a lot or only a little bit).

The less games with QTEs on my gaming platform, the happier I am. :)

Regards,
SB

While I'm fine with them coming to PC or Xbox, I don't think they need it.

I played some GoW on the PS2 and the first game was neat in a novel way, but grew bored of the game by the time the second one rolled around.

And never did get into Uncharted. Look at my past history and I don't mind on rails shooters (I actually like them!). But Uncharted is way too on rails for me without enough good gameplay to back it up. It's fine for people that want to watch a movie in the guise of a game, and I suppose it's good at that. Certainly not for me though.

It doesn't help that I think QTEs are the absolute worst thing ever introduced to gaming and both of those games feature extensive QTEs (at least GoW does, didn't play enough Uncharted to find out whether there's a lot or only a little bit).

The less games with QTEs on my gaming platform, the happier I am. :)

Regards,
SB

Oh come on. By your comment I doubt you even played Uncharted.

And QTE's in Uncharted?

Back