Games that make it worth upgrading a PSP to a Vita/3DS

Well, definitely give at least Uncharted and Unit 13 a go then when you have a chance. Also, for every person who complains about Assassin's Creed: Liberation there's someone who thinks its better than Assassin's Creed 3.

And Motorstorm RC is definitely a racing game, don't listen to tuna. ;) I platinum'd it, 3 starred every race in all the DLC, and have been in the top 200 ranking for a long time (out of 3-400,000 at the time - especially in the US it was popular, being on PS3 and Vita, and being free on Vita thanks to some Chevrolet promotion I think)

And Motorstorm RC is definitely a racing game, don't listen to tuna. ;) I platinum'd it, 3 starred every race in all the DLC, and have been in the top 200 ranking for a long time (out of 3-400,000 at the time - especially in the US it was popular, being on PS3 and Vita, and being free on Vita thanks to some Chevrolet promotion I think)

And I beat you on some levels!

:)

But anyway, Motorstorm RC is a really different (and better) game from the other Motorstorm games. It is also a really different game than what is called "racing" games.

I know! ;)

It's a top-down racer. But that doesn't make it anything less than a racer. I think it's brilliant obviously, and yes it's very different from the main Motorstorm games, but nonetheless, definitely a racer.

You're right on Uncharted. It's a fantastic console game, but not such a good handheld game. It sucks you in when you first play it but has limited replayability (depends if you enjoy treasure hunting I guess). It's a bit of a shame, but shouldn't in anyway lessen the amazing job Sony Bend did (perhaps one of the best launch titles ever?).

I'd also suggest you look up videos of Unit 13. It's not especially polished, but (once again) Zipper did an amazing job getting the game out in such an incredibly short time frame. The core gameplay isn't 100% there but the replayability certainly is.

Personally, I play a lot of super stardust and pinball arcade. And I'll also say I believe Vita is the best platform to play Rayman Origins.

There's still Killzone to come, but who knows if that will stay true to console versions.

Indeed. Who knows :mrgreen:

Uncharted is really great, if you like the singleplayer in the console versions, you'll definately enjoy the handheld version too. There is more than 30 chapters, so a single play through might take around 10 hours.

The melee combat in Golden Abyss is the most fun in the franchise.
It's basically an evolution of QTE's, but when you have to drag your finger downwards,
Nathan ducks after your finger, if you suceed, opponent will miss, if you fail opponent might hit you.
So it feels much more interactive than a regular QTE, since it's making you feel like you'r dragging Nathan around, controlling him, even tough it's just really good animation and design. But it's alot more fun than a button press.

Also you can collect treasures during cutscenes, and similar.
If you see treasures blinking, you can grab it, even in cutscenes..

As for replayability, it's mostly just collecting treasures and similar.
Replayability is beeing increased tough - there's coming a Uncharted strategy card game (similar to Magic - The Gathering) in early december for 5 bucks.
And now all the treasures and stuff you can collect in Golden Abyss will be usable. Since you can buff your card-deck with treasures from Golden Abyss.
That's a pretty cool thing, I think. :)

I also tought Resistance were fun, it were not as fun as R1 or R3, but it still had the fun weaponry from the franchise, a weapon-wheel, and played OK.
On the downside it were really short, but concidering it's concidered a bad game, you should be able to get it cheap.

3ds is not good if you want game with realistic visual and if you accustomed to ps 123 dual analog shooting and camera movement.

viva is a lot better in that aspect.

but, 3ds is great for those like me that accustomed to mouse input and want serious game that small in bits.

example is kid icarus uprising.
it have nice aiming that feels like using mouse. a serious game that each chapter is short and have conical relief (and a story that not convoluted). nice cartoon visual.

then when 3ds playing 'realistic' game like resident evil . . . ugh, the many graphic ugliness keep distracting me.

low res, small screen, ugly color, bad view angle, bad 3d model, and so on.

that things also appear on 'cartoon' games but I did not feel distracted. don't know why

Uncharted is really great...

Also you can collect treasures during cutscenes, and similar.
If you see treasures blinking, you can grab it, even in cutscenes..

As for replayability, it's mostly just collecting treasures and similar.
Replayability is beeing increased tough - there's coming a Uncharted strategy card game (similar to Magic - The Gathering) in early december for 5 bucks.
And now all the treasures and stuff you can collect in Golden Abyss will be usable. Since you can buff your card-deck with treasures from Golden Abyss.
That's a pretty cool thing, I think. :)

I also tought Resistance were fun, it were not as fun as R1 or R3, but it still had the fun weaponry from the franchise, a weapon-wheel, and played OK.
On the downside it were really short, but concidering it's concidered a bad game, you should be able to get it cheap.

I thought Uncharted was pretty amazing for a launch game and has plenty of re-playability in collecting all the treasures etc

And Resistance is pretty good fun but it has almost zero re-playability, but it is really easy to get a Platinum Trophy with it!

Persona4 is probably the only reason I personally would buy the Vita especially since I have already played every thing Sony could possibly republish and remix. Its a tough decision. On one hand you have the under powered 3ds with the 3d gimmick. And on the other hand you have the expensive Vita which is confusing to say the least. The vita could have been so great but its really a port machine. And the ports take a long time to come out which makes it worst.

If you can get the vita cheap, buy Black Ops, Resistance and Unit 13. Buy them all at the same time and it should last you a couple weeks swapping between. Don't sell your psp.

Persona4 is probably the only reason I personally would buy the Vita especially since I have already played every thing Sony could possibly republish and remix. Its a tough decision. On one hand you have the under powered 3ds with the 3d gimmick. And on the other hand you have the expensive Vita which is confusing to say the least. The vita could have been so great but its really a port machine. And the ports take a long time to come out which makes it worst.

If you can get the vita cheap, buy Black Ops, Resistance and Unit 13. Buy them all at the same time and it should last you a couple weeks swapping between. Don't sell your psp.

Funnily enough, none of those games are ports. Neither is Uncharted or Assassin's Creed, or even Wipout (just the DLC was a port). And for games that are ports, some of them are great on the Vita. Rayman, Sine Mora, Zen Pinball 2, and Need for Speed Most Wanted are all really good on the Vita, to the point where I prefer to play them there.

3DS has some good games too though - if you're into those, stuff like Animal Crossing and Super Paper/Sticker Mario (forgot it's official name) are supposed to be rather good, as is Super Mario 3D Land (I listen to podcasts a lot, that's where most of my Nintendo wisdom comes from ;) ).

Back