DOAX2 - E3 2K6 GT Interview.

Alstrong said:
He's not the only one juggling. :devilish:

I hope he fixes how the game handles the swimsuits. It was a pain to put suits from the current inventory back into the storage (one at a time), and there was the thing with the computer players filling up their inventory with costumes you'd already collected with them (as they'd wear it when you play as someone else), so giving gifts was useless after awhile. They should just have it so you can either directly access all the inventory items or have the computer players not have their inventories altered (except for gifts) while playing as another person.

er... "I don't play this game" :?:

LOL:)

Heh I'm seriously considering of buying this game, and it seems I'm not the only one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, this game is NOT that bad in my opinion. It's not something you play by yourself, but get a bunch of guys together and it can be some pretty funny times. I wouldn't buy it, but it's good for a laugh.

scooby_dooby said:
lol, this game is NOT that bad in my opinion. It's not something you play by yourself, but get a bunch of guys together and it can be some pretty funny times. I wouldn't buy it, but it's good for a laugh.

well i'm not a sports game person at all. very little racing too. And when i tried this the one thing i really disliked was the types and power of the ball hits being based on how light or hard you pushed the button. The camera sucked too. It was far too easy to lose the ball off screen. The entire game was just boring. But i can say that just as well about all football, baseball, soccer and golf games.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol well, if it makes you feel any better, Itagaki will be "improving" the volleyball game, but it won't be like official rules. I suppose it goes with the idea that this is a vacation type of setting. I can't remember which interview he was mentioning that....maybe the TXB one.

But yeah, besides collecting suits, there really wasn't much to the game. The gambling always seemed rigged, so I never bothered to play it much given how little I accumulated the money anyway.

I hope for longer "cut-scenes" and full control of the character. Why shouldn't I be able to make her run around the island with the camera locked on her chest? :LOL:

Alstrong said:
I hope for longer "cut-scenes" and full control of the character. Why shouldn't I be able to make her run around the island with the camera locked on her chest? :LOL:

Add slow motion replays and you've got hours of fun!

For the record, I found the original DOA:XVB completely addictive. The music, the graphics, and the gameplay all combined into one sunny, happy package that made me smile every time I played it.

No, it wasn't the game's "perv factor." It was something more innocent... the game was just fun to play. The volleyball was the tightest and most enjoyable I played all generation - easily better than Sega's Beach Strikers. Even the Pokemon-like swimsuit collectathon became an obsession, and for some reason, I couldn't stop trying to please the girls with gifts that fit their liking.

Put me down for the sequel. Considering what Team Ninja's adding to the game, this one looks like it can't miss.

Kolgar said:
For the record, I found the original DOA:XVB completely addictive. The music, the graphics, and the gameplay all combined into one sunny, happy package that made me smile every time I played it.

package...eh?

It was something more innocent...

Some of the girls are underage....

:LOL: just teasin.

I wonder if we'll see the same water effects in-game as in the trailer (when hitomi is on the er... jet..ski? waterbike? :oops: ). The rest of the graphics and the models are certainly in-game.

Alstrong said:
package...eh?

Some of the girls are underage....

:LOL: just teasin.

I wonder if we'll see the same water effects in-game as in the trailer (when hitomi is on the er... jet..ski? waterbike? :oops: ). The rest of the graphics and the models are certainly in-game.
The..."art direction":)lol:) of this game stimulates certain chemical substances in the brain that make the game more addictive.
Observe example: I am addicted to kitten massacre :LOL:

Back