Digital Foundry Article Technical Discussion [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the thing, we dont have any. DF said this top in their livestream, no more ps1 to ps2, ps2 to ps3 and finally ps3 to 4 jumps in graphics.

We get faster loading and rt puddles and floors.
to early to say, most games are crossgens now, maybe we will have jawdrop graphics moments further in this generation

Would it help if you thought of the PS5/SeriesX as mid-gen upgrades of PS4/One, so you're getting upgrades from PS360 level games. :LOL:

Lol.

I appreciate the move to 60 fps, but chasing 4k is the issue.

When I'm sitting 12 feet from my 75" TV I'm not sure the increased detail going from 1080p to 4k is worth 4× the TF.

I'm betting the wow moment comes when a beautifully lit, wonderfully textured, RT enabled game comes along that is using all 12 TF but only rendering at 1200p or maybe 1440p.

They're wasting too many resources on resolution right now IMO.

This day and age of console tribalism and fanboy nonsense... everything is subjective to the eye of the beholder.

Three AAA console launch games we have seen gameplay looks pretty good AC Valhalla, Demons soul's and Spiderman Miles Morales. This is not bad.

I liked a lot the deep dive trailer of AC before the game looks not very good but final polish is great.

Last edited:
Lol.

I appreciate the move to 60 fps, but chasing 4k is the issue.

When I'm sitting 12 feet from my 75" TV I'm not sure the increased detail going from 1080p to 4k is worth 4× the TF.

I'm betting the wow moment comes when a beautifully lit, wonderfully textured, RT enabled game comes along that is using all 12 TF but only rendering at 1200p or maybe 1440p.

They're wasting too many resources on resolution right now IMO.

Yes cant agree more, we can blame '4k' then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back