Diablo III - It's official

Besides they mentioned that Blizzard were optimizing it for the 'Retina display' at the WWDC.

So I am sure it will run just beautifully on the new MacBook Pro with Retina display.

Battle.net is down again... I hadn't played in a few days.
It's unacceptable...

I hope anonymous beats the shit out of them...

No, like once a week.
Still it's the third time it happens to me. I don't play that much and today I've nothing to do till I work 5 to 2am.
I can't play I paid, The rest is BS.
Once a week is imo a lot. Onlive is up way more often for example and it's not the same level of online functionality. It's unacceptable.

Don't know how thing are with Wow but this I can't accept, they will never get my money ever again. Bioware style.
I've friends that may have been interested in the game, I'm going to tell them to pass.

Tuesday maintenance is a staple with Blizzard. It's funny though you still get posts on WoW forums like the one above every Tuesday.

Tuesday maintenance is a staple with Blizzard. It's funny though you still get posts on WoW forums like the one above every Tuesday.
I was not a costumer of Blizzard. I was unaware of that.
As a costumer I find extremely bothering, close to unacceptable.
Xbox live, Onlive, etc. doesn't have such an intrusive maintenance schedule.

EDIT

By the way do you know when the server should be up?
I wish I could get some distraction before heading to my pizza delivery job which ends by close to two hours of cleaning / doing the dishes. I need it.

Tuesday maintenance is a staple with Blizzard.
In north america, yes. In euroland it's wednesday, however Blizz has been having full 8-hour maintenances (and sometimes more) roughly whenever the fuck they choose to with diablo3. Last week or if it was week before that, they had regular maintenance from 03:00-11:00 and same thing again on thursday.

I wonder what the shit it is they're maintaining so god damn much. You never see, say, hotmail for example down for maintenance and completely inaccessible for hours every damn week.

So I got to interview Max Schaefer while I was at E3 last week, and it was so much fun! We ended up discussing the future of the Torchlight series including the MMO, Diablo 3 and why it’s release has been very good for Torchlight 2, the now infamous ‘Error 37’ and why he hopes they’re fortunate enough to experience it, Torchlight 2 on XBLA & Mac, how Minecraft could meet Torchlight, plus his overall inspirations in games design.

Check it out and let me know what you think. It's pretty in depth, and I'm sort of proud of this one. :)

http://eat-games.tumblr.com/post/24969892500/max-schaefer-interview-torchlight2

In north america, yes. In euroland it's wednesday, however Blizz has been having full 8-hour maintenances (and sometimes more) roughly whenever the fuck they choose to with diablo3. Last week or if it was week before that, they had regular maintenance from 03:00-11:00 and same thing again on thursday.

I wonder what the shit it is they're maintaining so god damn much. You never see, say, hotmail for example down for maintenance and completely inaccessible for hours every damn week.

I've said before, I'd assume half of their downtime and patching in the first few weeks would be due to hackers and exploiters.

that's because blizzard is bad and has no idea how to actually run a service.

This is what I've noticed so far. It's like they pretend that Live and Steam don't exist and their service won't be compared to the competition.

I guess they are a step ahead of Nintendo in that they actually believe the Internet exists.

In this day and age, you shouldn't have weekly scheduled maintenance. PERIOD.

I don't disagree, but the fact is that they do and have been doing it for years. Complaining about it on the 673rd week in a row (number secured from places unknown) just doesn't accomplish anything. Their maintenance takes too long, and occurs too often. Patches are much the same, but I'd tolerate all of that IF when scheduled to be online and playable it were.

I re-installed the game -Grall, I think it isn't that bad, but it's not Diablo 2 to me, that I have to admit- and wanted to play this evening but I've read there is going to be maintenance here in Europe from 6pm to 4am, so I lost the thrill to play again.

At this rate and with the things going on my life, also these climate change talks and stuff... The day I want to play it again, hell, it's gonna be a prob to play Diablo 3 if the ocean comes up to my backyard. :smile:

They are making the difficulty curve in inferno slightly less "brick wall", increasing drop rates of higher level items, and allowing higher level items to drop a bit earlier in difficulty levels than they did previously, greatly reducing the cost of training the blacksmith and jewelcrafter, reducing crafting costs and lots more.

Patch notes here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6457499

Back