Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

I'm still playing a pulverize bear build. I'm level 90 now and I managed to clear tier 50 but I also worry about survivability.
im 73, my bud is 78 and we are doing nm tier 41+ now, its easy to get oneshotted for me because i have to be in the middle of all the mobs to whirlwind
other than that its fine
I'm only 76, was struggling to get anywhere in WT4 NM and still trying to figure out what build I want to do, since I now have Crone, Temerity, Mad Glee and Tempest Roar to play with.

I'm only 76, was struggling to get anywhere in WT4 NM and still trying to figure out what build I want to do, since I now have Crone, Temerity, Mad Glee and Tempest Roar to play with.
wow i only get terrible uniques except i have the rage of harrogath but ive had it for quite a while
i only get 100 000 steps and some kind of dumb dual wield sword :(

afaik the best uniques only drop when you are level 85+ so im hoping for a grandfather ;)

Pfft I don't need to be in the middle of mobs to get one shotted....
The sorcerors natural state is dead. I have 5 stay alive buttons. If they are all on cd I spam evade and pray a cd clears.
your build sounds like a cannon glass sorc. I was dying a lot too, more than I expected and more than most forumers. Right now I still die on occasion but well, I added the enchantment from Fire Shield, and damage reduction from items and by using basic skills. I noticed that changing from Vyr's Mastery passive to Overflowing Energy has made me more vulnerable -but my sorc is more dangerous to enemies-.

My attack powa is 2446, life is 1900.

wow i only get terrible uniques except i have the rage of harrogath but ive had it for quite a while
i only get 100 000 steps and some kind of dumb dual wield sword :(

afaik the best uniques only drop when you are level 85+ so im hoping for a grandfather ;)
the grandfather was like the most sought after item in Diablo 2. Of all the unique items I got (three in total), one I find useful is the one I got from Lilith, Mother's Embrace, which returns 25% of the cost of a resource spent in a Core skill if it hits 5 or more enemies.

The best is probably one that gives two extra Fireballs every time you cast a fireball. But I don't use that skill.

And one I don't know how good it can be, 'cos I never played a frost Sorc, is one that for every Frozen enemy that dies it has a 15% chance of unleashing a Frost Nova (seems very powerful but I dunno).

the grandfather was like the most sought after item in Diablo 2. Of all the unique items I got (three in total), one I find useful is the one I got from Lilith, Mother's Embrace, which returns 25% of the cost of a resource spent in a Core skill if it hits 5 or more enemies.

The best is probably one that gives two extra Fireballs every time you cast a fireball. But I don't use that skill.

And one I don't know how good it can be, 'cos I never played a frost Sorc, is one that for every Frozen enemy that dies it has a 15% chance of unleashing a Frost Nova (seems very powerful but I dunno).
yeah but you have to stop wearing the mothers embrace at some point in wt3+

Eh. The best unique are locked away at 85+.

Sorc uniques are mainly bleh. Raiment is probably the best one at this moment because it works consistently. The rest of the uniques and legendaries for whatever reason always have some major drawback or weird dependency.
Your ball lightning now orbits you; but does 50% less damage.

Your charge bolts can now pierce, but do 50% less damage.

You can now shoot 3 fireballs, only after shooting 2. (Like that is our whole mana pool hello)

your fireballs now bounce, but each bounce reduces the damage by 30%.

You get an additional up to 40% crit chance, but only when you are above 100 mana.

You get additional core skill damage, but only when you are above 50 mana.

You get 6% more damage, but you receive 3% more.

and so on and so on. I’m not seeing these types of draw backs with other class uniques. Seems like sorc was designed in isolation or something. Don’t even want to get into how core and mastery skills are basically the same pool of skills.

Yup. I don’t mind being behind on the power curve, but the number of available builds drop dramatically after a certain point if you want to keep progressing. Survivability is a big problem.

Most people will clear NMD in 5 min or less. You can go dive bomber sorc to keep up, but just expect to die. Or you can try playing ranged but add on a lot 10-15min longer to clear.

Last edited:
your build sounds like a cannon glass sorc. I was dying a lot too, more than I expected and more than most forumers. Right now I still die on occasion but well, I added the enchantment from Fire Shield, and damage reduction from items and by using basic skills. I noticed that changing from Vyr's Mastery passive to Overflowing Energy has made me more vulnerable -but my sorc is more dangerous to enemies-.

My attack powa is 2446, life is 1900.
I am ice shards spec. I have fire bolt for the enchant, but it is not hot keyed. I rotate through defenses for survival and mana generation... frost nova is offense though. With brais (unique pants) frozen mobs chain explode causing ice shards to hit everything which pierce 6x. I have no issues killing anything that isn't unstoppable. If I can't freeze things my damage drops significantly. Bosses that spawn lots of critters die quickly, but solo boss fights can be epic.

Btw I am still using mothers embrace as well, but it doesn't help vs those solo bosses.

Last edited:
Ok, spend more time with the game - I am still basically leveling all classes simultaneously, so that is why it takes forever to progress - but I like to mess around with the different play styles. Currently, all 5 classes fresh in WT3 at about level 50.

I finally compared my builds with the ones I could find in the interwebz, so called meta builds: well, I did not mange once to get figure out the best builds, it rather seems i have off meta builds:

- Necro: I went with a pure Minion build, super convenient and felt almost the strongest from all classes with the minions. This is also the class I used to finish the campaign. Minions seemed OP to me, but apparently they are trash in endgame or so :D

- Sorc: still the class I feel most unsure about. I currently use a fire/firewall build - it seemed ok, a bit slow, but I liked the playstyle. Again, apparently trash build in endgame :D From all classes, my experience in leveling etc is that it is maybe the weakest. Not sure why, but I had kinda difficulties to find a "good" build for me.

- Rogue: extreme damage. Almost all builds I tried seem to have high damage. Survivability was a bit more difficult, but managable. Leveling was the quickest. Even the basic attack in this class packs a bunch. However, my build is a mixture of melee (Flurry attack) and range (rapid fire), where I change the imbuements back and forth (not sure which one I like most). Again, not twisting blades, so no meta :D

- Barb: crazy to me, but one of my fav classes. Never a big fan of Barb in D3, but it kinda is a super fun class in my opinon in D4. I still need to lol, when the little man runs around and shouts...ha ha ha, lol. However, my build seems completely off meta again: I use leap and kick and groundstomp. There is an aspect (dungeon) that lets you reset leap, when you either kick or groundstomp. I just love jumping around like hulk. For the hulk smash, I use HOTA, which seems to be one of the strongest skills - but I did not really commit to it, but rather use aspects that power up leap and kick. During leveling, I used a thorns build - absolutely OP imo for leveling, I kinda got bored of it and changed up to leap, because everything seems to just die without much interaction when using thorns...ha ha ha. I never touched WW, as this just seemed boring and the Fury resource was never enough to me - but apparently that is a meta build.

- Druid: this is a weird one to me. Seems to be quite strong, but kinda not sure about it. I tried many different builds again, nothing really sticks out so far to me for being super fun. I used Werewolf with Shred for most of my leveling - apparently absoute trash, ha ha ha. I also felt that the damage got worse with levels, so now have some pulverize stuff with shield etc. I am still not sure which build would be most fun to play, still in the trying out phase.

TLDR; it seems I am a master in finding F tier trash builds

Eh. The best unique are locked away at 85+.

Sorc uniques are mainly bleh. Raiment is probably the best one at this moment because it works consistently. The rest of the uniques and legendaries for whatever reason always have some major drawback or weird dependency.
Your ball lightning now orbits you; but does 50% less damage.

Your charge bolts can now pierce, but do 50% less damage.

You can now shoot 3 fireballs, only after shooting 2. (Like that is our whole mana pool hello)

your fireballs now bounce, but each bounce reduces the damage by 30%.

You get an additional up to 40% crit chance, but only when you are above 100 mana.

You get additional core skill damage, but only when you are above 50 mana.

You get 6% more damage, but you receive 3% more.

and so on and so on. I’m not seeing these types of draw backs with other class uniques. Seems like sorc was designed in isolation or something. Don’t even want to get into how core and mastery skills are basically the same pool of skills.
right on point. This is what I found, but since I only fully leveled the sorc, I thought that was normal. Many items and stuff I found had some kind of drawback. The above mana thingy, or when "you are healthy" bonus that increases damage, those are bonuses that don´t last, you are going to get hit most of the time, and as you say mana decreases so fast.

Have you experimented with a spark sorc? I am ironing them out relatively fast -lvl 58- now. Specially mobs, but when it comes to individual confrontations, even minor enemies can be a pita, 'cos I have Spark at lvl 1 only (it's okay for me) and mana runs out quickly, so if Crackling energy isnt generated, it takes a while.

Ok, spend more time with the game - I am still basically leveling all classes simultaneously, so that is why it takes forever to progress - but I like to mess around with the different play styles. Currently, all 5 classes fresh in WT3 at about level 50.

I finally compared my builds with the ones I could find in the interwebz, so called meta builds: well, I did not mange once to get figure out the best builds, it rather seems i have off meta builds:

- Necro: I went with a pure Minion build, super convenient and felt almost the strongest from all classes with the minions. This is also the class I used to finish the campaign. Minions seemed OP to me, but apparently they are trash in endgame or so :D

- Sorc: still the class I feel most unsure about. I currently use a fire/firewall build - it seemed ok, a bit slow, but I liked the playstyle. Again, apparently trash build in endgame :D From all classes, my experience in leveling etc is that it is maybe the weakest. Not sure why, but I had kinda difficulties to find a "good" build for me.

- Rogue: extreme damage. Almost all builds I tried seem to have high damage. Survivability was a bit more difficult, but managable. Leveling was the quickest. Even the basic attack in this class packs a bunch. However, my build is a mixture of melee (Flurry attack) and range (rapid fire), where I change the imbuements back and forth (not sure which one I like most). Again, not twisting blades, so no meta :D

- Barb: crazy to me, but one of my fav classes. Never a big fan of Barb in D3, but it kinda is a super fun class in my opinon in D4. I still need to lol, when the little man runs around and shouts...ha ha ha, lol. However, my build seems completely off meta again: I use leap and kick and groundstomp. There is an aspect (dungeon) that lets you reset leap, when you either kick or groundstomp. I just love jumping around like hulk. For the hulk smash, I use HOTA, which seems to be one of the strongest skills - but I did not really commit to it, but rather use aspects that power up leap and kick. During leveling, I used a thorns build - absolutely OP imo for leveling, I kinda got bored of it and changed up to leap, because everything seems to just die without much interaction when using thorns...ha ha ha. I never touched WW, as this just seemed boring and the Fury resource was never enough to me - but apparently that is a meta build.

- Druid: this is a weird one to me. Seems to be quite strong, but kinda not sure about it. I tried many different builds again, nothing really sticks out so far to me for being super fun. I used Werewolf with Shred for most of my leveling - apparently absoute trash, ha ha ha. I also felt that the damage got worse with levels, so now have some pulverize stuff with shield etc. I am still not sure which build would be most fun to play, still in the trying out phase.

TLDR; it seems I am a master in finding F tier trash builds
the firewall sorc is what I used until a couple of days ago and of course I can easily re-spec to it. It's relatively effective, but it isn't very fast. However, you can end up using lots of firewalls, mana consumption is compensated relatively fast if you use the right bonuses from the skill tree. Other than that you dispatch enemies in a relatively slow manner.

As for the Rogue, dunno how you make it, but maybe it's because I didn't want to use any melee skill, or maybe I was too much of a noob, but I had lots of trouble when dealing with bosses and most enemies. I had to leave some battles 'cos they were impossible, to the point that I had broken the equipment and had to repair it often. The best strategy I found over time was using traps, like the Poison trap. When I give another chance and after some experience with the game, that opinion might change.

the lightning sorc might have a chance. In fact searching now I found these 2 videos. The "infinite" Unstable Currents (excellent ultimate) sorc is something I've been experimenting with 'cos I have an item that gives me a chance to unleash Unstable Currents once again while it's active. The other one, I haven't checked.

uploaded a 30 seconds video showing my sorc based on Crackling Energy, Lightning Spear and Unstable Currents .

Ah btw, regarding the broken sorcerer.

Last edited:
right on point. This is what I found, but since I only fully leveled the sorc, I thought that was normal. Many items and stuff I found had some kind of drawback. The above mana thingy, or when "you are healthy" bonus that increases damage, those are bonuses that don´t last, you are going to get hit most of the time, and as you say mana decreases so fast.

Have you experimented with a spark sorc? I am ironing them out relatively fast -lvl 58- now. Specially mobs, but when it comes to individual confrontations, even minor enemies can be a pita, 'cos I have Spark at lvl 1 only (it's okay for me) and mana runs out quickly, so if Crackling energy isnt generated, it takes a while.
All the builds work. Just a question of how long you are willing to go for. The thing is; Nightmare Dungeons scale yo level 100. Most of us won’t make it to tier 100

The problem is that if any mediocre build works up to very high level content, then what would be considered meta build for content pushing would be simply button mashing. I don't mind that my lightning storm build isn't scaling into higher level and I'm enjoying trying out new builds, especially since I stored all these aspects and gear "just in case".

im very annoyed i cant find good shoes with flat speed boost, i only find conditional speed boosts :(

also i have never seen an item with bold chieftain aspect which i need for my whirlwind build :( :( :(

im very annoyed i cant find good shoes with flat speed boost, i only find conditional speed boosts :(

also i have never seen an item with bold chieftain aspect which i need for my whirlwind build :( :( :(
I spent 10 levels working for shoes with normal bonus move speed. Finally got a pair last night. 23%. Not max but even running around town it's a nice qol improvement.

Back