Diablo 4 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5, XGP]

i got the $100 version. I am playing now. My buddy got it on ps5 and apparently there is an authentication issue and people can't play on that version as it thinks they don't own it.

I'm up to level 16 on my necro

I dont belive you, you would cut of any friend that owns a playstation instead of an xbox :D

Started a Druid last night and got to level 21. Forced myself to go to bed about 1am.

Began as a werebear build but that didn't work for bosses on WT2 so I switched to a storm build.

Startet as a Necro (I on purpose did not really play Necro in the beta, as I wanted it to be my fresh starter class) - it feels a bit underwhelming for the moment, but I am only lvl 10. Is it too early to call it best game in the world, ever yet?? Maybe...mabe not :D

The game doesn't seem to allow switching of monitors. I had to set my C2 as the main display to try it out on the big TV with HDR and controller. Damn nice! And the audio is really satisfying with the subwoofer.

Startet as a Necro (I on purpose did not really play Necro in the beta, as I wanted it to be my fresh starter class) - it feels a bit underwhelming for the moment, but I am only lvl 10. Is it too early to call it best game in the world, ever yet?? Maybe...mabe not :D
NO!

Diablo is super casual. Some people get very intense about trying to perfect their builds but you don’t have to care about any of that. You can just slot higher level items without thinking about it too much. The normal difficulty is generally very easy.
I platinum'ed Elden Ring, Hades and many other similarly 'super deep' rpgs, just never got into Diablo for some reason. Tempting.

I played druid with a friend who also plays druid (yes we partied as two druids :p ). I started with a pure werewolf build, but after getting some legendaries I now have a weird hybrid build with main attacks as werewolf and trample (a werebear skill) as a major damage dealer, and earth bulwark for defense.

As a side note: I ecountered one crash after playing the game for a few hours (by crash I mean the whole computer is down and I have to turn the power off and on again). After the crash, the driver automatically disabled GPU overclocking so I suspect it's the problem. This is the first time I have this problem in any game, and the overclocking is done using NVDIIA's game experience tool, so it should be quite convervative.

I platinum'ed Elden Ring, Hades and many other similarly 'super deep' rpgs, just never got into Diablo for some reason. Tempting.
as Scott explained, Diablo is just sheer fun, you can spend 1000 hours without noticing. The deepest side of Diablo is magic finding -have a higher probability of obtaining a blue -magic-, yellow -rare-, unique, legendary, etc etc, item- and equipping your character with the most adequate gear for your build.

Tons of games have used Diablo gameplay style over the years. World of Warcraft, Path of Exile -an ARPG like Diablo-, etc etc.

The deepest side of Diablo is magic finding -have a higher probability of obtaining a blue -magic-, yellow -rare-, unique, legendary, etc etc, item- and equipping your character with the most adequate gear for your build.
Magic Find hasn't been part of Diablo for many years now. Diablo is about trying out and optimizing different builds at end game for the long term.
Tons of games have used Diablo gameplay style over the years. World of Warcraft, Path of Exile -an ARPG like Diablo-, etc etc.
World of Warcraft?

Magic Find hasn't been part of Diablo for many years now. Diablo is about trying out and optimizing different builds at end game for the long term.

World of Warcraft?
the itemisation I mean. I haven't played WoW, but afaik items are super important, and so are raids. For me anything items is heavily influenced by Diablo 2. Am I wrong?

As for Magic Find, doesn't it increase every time you level up your Paragon in Diablo 3? It's been a while ever since I played Diablo 3, but iirc, it increased a certain % every time your Paragon level went up.

As for Magic Find, doesn't it increase every time you level up your Paragon in Diablo 3? It's been a while ever since I played Diablo 3, but iirc, it increased a certain % every time your Paragon level went up.
Yeah that's been there since Diablo 3 was first released and caps very early in paragon levels. There's no MF builds like early D3 or D2 anymore though.

the itemisation I mean. I haven't played WoW, but afaik items are super important, and so are raids. For me anything items is heavily influenced by Diablo 2. Am I wrong?
Well the concepts around itemization have existed before Diablo 2. Early MMOs pioneered the ideas.

Love my sorc! Lvl 41 right now. Just finished A2. Just want to make sure I get my 3 renown rewards per area before leaving. I am way too high level. I run into 20s LOL.

Yeah that's been there since Diablo 3 was first released and caps very early in paragon levels. There's no MF builds like early D3 or D2 anymore though.

Well the concepts around itemization have existed before Diablo 2. Early MMOs pioneered the ideas.
is there magic find in Diablo IV btw?

Itemization is very common for sure, but I mean taking it to Diablo 2 level, or basically to another level, with flawed, cracked, normal, magic, rare, unique, set, legendary..., chipped gems, flawless gems, crafting, etc etc.

I like Diablo well enough that I'll play this after the ABK acquisition puts this on GamePass. :)
Can you explain what you mean because this is a really ambiguous statement. Do you mean that you that you dislike Diablo so much that they will only play it when it's basically free?

Playing a bit and so far, while it has better systems than Diablo III, it's still just as face rolling easy as D3 was. So far the only time I've died was while trying to figure out how a puzzle worked (you don't have to just walk over a plate in the floor you have to step on it and then dodge away and do the same for the next 2 plates in the floor).

Combat is just ridiculously easy with no real challenge thus far other than running into a spawned boss that someone 12 levels higher than me left behind (so it was 12 levels higher than me and almost killed me with one hit) that I had to run away from. Otherwise, basically just steamrolling all the dungeons and bosses. And I'm deliberately playing a build that avoids the OP powers of the class in order to try to artificially increase the difficulty without just not using any abilities at all.

They nailed the aesthetics of a Diablo game better than D3, IMO. Thumbs up for that. The voice acting is good. They main story is a bit, meh, so far, but I'm still only in Act 1 despite being relatively high level for just a few hours played. Which brings me to the part that I don't quite like about D4.

D4 is basically structured like an MMORPG or UBIsoft formula open world game (except without the tower climbing :p) with constant side quests and side quest markers as you gain levels or progression through quests. Fetch quests (oh hey can you go and get X thing for me?), kill quests (oh hey hero can you go and kill Y number of things and bring back X number of things from their corpses for me?).

While some are relatively well done, after a while it sort of starts to kill the feel of a Diablo game. Combine that with the UBIsoft open world formula collectathon (for example, "collecting" statues that give minor stat boosts to all of your realm characters) and it starts to feel more like you are playing in a world designed to be a game rather than playing in a world designed to be a world.

I got immersed in the story, lore and world of D1, D2 and to an extent even D3 as the world felt well crafted such that I could imagine such a world existing in some faraway fantasy land or some distant ancient civilization on Earth where angels and demons really did exist. It's hard to feel that way about D3 with the constant quest starter markers, quest progression markers, collectibles, etc.

The game is still relatively engaging and for a first time ARPG player it's a very approachable and casual experience with an appropriate "dark" mood setting. I'm hoping the story gets better as I get into the later Acts. I suspect that I can already see the overall shape of the story but maybe there will a twist somewhere that I didn't see coming.

I don't yet know if I regret buying it. I certainly do regret having to use the Blizzard launcher as I had to wrestle with that for a few hours just to get the damn game to install even though the BETA installed with no problems. :rolleyes: I'd likely enjoy this at least a little more if they'd allowed me to pick an actual difficulty level rather than forcing me to choose between [1] Ridiculously easy mode and [2] Easy mode with [3] Normal (IMO, at least hopefully IMO) difficulty mode being locked away until you finish the game.

Regards,
SB

is there magic find in Diablo IV btw?

Itemization is very common for sure, but I mean taking it to Diablo 2 level, or basically to another level, with flawed, cracked, normal, magic, rare, unique, set, legendary..., chipped gems, flawless gems, crafting, etc etc.
No MF in D4.

Back