Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

It would be something different for my tastes, to be sure. I don't know if I'll like full-on RPGs or not, but I do like shooters with RPG elements. I kind of want to try homerdog's crazy witch doctor build. That thing sounds like complete over the top insanity. If I can go through the games with crazy ass builds like that, I think it could be amusing enough.

I'll be getting it, been waiting for the best version. My son and I love co-op RPGs, we even played that PS3 launch game Dark Kingdom.

It would be something different for my tastes, to be sure. I don't know if I'll like full-on RPGs or not, but I do like shooters with RPG elements. I kind of want to try homerdog's crazy witch doctor build. That thing sounds like complete over the top insanity. If I can go through the games with crazy ass builds like that, I think it could be amusing enough.

I can tell you first hand it's crazy enough to cause serious framerate issues with large fights :LOL: There's so much going on when he's in team it's insane.

Diablo 3 is much better than release now and I'm really liking the different builds I can try out. You get some new item with a weird special and you build everything else around it and try it out. A lot of fun. My barbarian is basically a walking explosion-fest due to synergy of certain items and skills/passives.

LOL, yeah the crazy stuff you guys in the PC forum were talking about is what is making me consider this game. I really do like the idea of creating ludicrous over the top builds and wreaking havoc.

Tanking frame rate while doing it could be funny too (at least for a little while).

LOL, yeah the crazy stuff you guys in the PC forum were talking about is what is making me consider this game. I really do like the idea of creating ludicrous over the top builds and wreaking havoc.

Tanking frame rate while doing it could be funny too (at least for a little while).

I could probably just drop the smoothing on shadows and it would be fine.

Will be 1080P on X1 with Day 1 patch (supposedly confirmed by PR person on reddit)

L9UxsMI.jpg

This game is releasing on the new consoles in a few weeks. Is anyone planning to get it? Is it RPG noob friendly?

I've been reading about some crazy ass character builds in the PC forum that sound like fun.

Noob friendly, sure. It's a (dungeon) crawler. Depends what you expect from a RPG. I've played it back then on a Mac at release and I thought the game wasn't bad but the world felt small and the plot/levels somewhat underwhelming. If you expect a story depth and variety of something like Mass Effect look elsewhere.
Never had the notion to replay and grind my weapons up for the sake of doing the same over and over. Maybe because I'm not into that or the game itself didn't deserve such kind of devotion in my eyes.

So, I very likely won't buy the console version as I regarded the PC/Mac version mostly as a more or less forgettable experience.

P.S. Not sure if that helps as it's more the glass is half empty impression.

This game is releasing on the new consoles in a few weeks. Is anyone planning to get it? Is it RPG noob friendly?

I've been reading about some crazy ass character builds in the PC forum that sound like fun.

It's actually out already, just without the expansion integrated.

I'll double dip if the 2.1 update makes it over to the console side. There are major changes in that update.

I am so divided over buying this or not. I already have it on my ps3, but they won't release the Reaper of Souls expansion separately there :( ! and they are not giving me any kind of discount or incentive on upgrading to the ps4 either. So much love from Blizzard for buying it on Day 1 on the ps3 (edit: pre order actually).

Last edited by a moderator:
Played quite a bit today with my new Barabrian. Co-op is fun, as always, but have to say that in all my playtime with D3, never even once has the Treasure Goblin dropped anything worthwhile at all ! Never :nope:! All my legendaries for my Demon Hunter, as well as my Barbarian have been random drops from worthless fellas !

I stopped playing my DH, as he felt overpowered everywhere and it felt as if I was cheating in the game. Barbarian atleast has difficulty fighting hordes.

I am so divided over buying this or not. I already have it on my ps3, but they won't release the Reaper of Souls expansion separately there :( ! and they are not giving me any kind of discount or incentive on upgrading to the ps4 either. So much love from Blizzard for buying it on Day 1 on the ps3 (edit: pre order actually).

I'm in a similar predicament for the other platform. If they simply released the Reaper of Souls as a DLC pack I'd pick it up. If they had a buy once and play cross-gen then that might tempt me. I really hate this double-dipping of paying full price for just 1 more campaign act. Until they present it at a reasonable price, it's a no sale for me.

Played quite a bit today with my new Barabrian. Co-op is fun, as always, but have to say that in all my playtime with D3, never even once has the Treasure Goblin dropped anything worthwhile at all ! Never :nope:! All my legendaries for my Demon Hunter, as well as my Barbarian have been random drops from worthless fellas !

I stopped playing my DH, as he felt overpowered everywhere and it felt as if I was cheating in the game. Barbarian atleast has difficulty fighting hordes.

I've gotten far better drops from my own treasure goblin pet, including a few legendaries and even class set items.

I'm in a similar predicament for the other platform. If they simply released the Reaper of Souls as a DLC pack I'd pick it up. If they had a buy once and play cross-gen then that might tempt me. I really hate this double-dipping of paying full price for just 1 more campaign act. Until they present it at a reasonable price, it's a no sale for me.

Considering its Diablo 3, I doubt it will ever go on sale :rolleyes:. They kept a much higher price than normal for their ps3 version too, in our country.

Yeah, Shifty's been going on about those two games for several years now. Whenever this genre comes up, he draws them like a gun, LOL!

It's a dying genre. Last gen could have done something great with it, but the best were D3 and Dungeon Siege 3, both a bit lacklustre. The majority titles were real hack-work (Untold Legends, Dungeon Hunter). That's not to say BGDA and CON wouldn't look a little shallow nowadays, but for the time they were spectacular and highly rated by couples who found something they could play with the wife/GF. When you look at what they were doing on PS2 and what this genre could have done on PS360, it's really disappointing. Shooters etc. progressed, but dungeon crawlers at best stagnated, quite possibly took a step backwards.

[/President of the Snowblind Studios PS2 Games Fan Society]

It's a dying genre. Last gen could have done something great with it, but the best were D3 and Dungeon Siege 3, both a bit lacklustre. The majority titles were real hack-work (Untold Legends, Dungeon Hunter). That's not to say BGDA and CON wouldn't look a little shallow nowadays, but for the time they were spectacular and highly rated by couples who found something they could play with the wife/GF. When you look at what they were doing on PS2 and what this genre could have done on PS360, it's really disappointing. Shooters etc. progressed, but dungeon crawlers at best stagnated, quite possibly took a step backwards.

[/President of the Snowblind Studios PS2 Games Fan Society]

I am a member of this club for sure! And no, CoN still holds up quite well ... Made Diablo 3 look like crap when that came out. I'm still considering D3 now though for the local multiplayer. My son is about the right age now for this I think.

Back