Deus Ex 3 (PC)

Oh I don't expect it to be only on PC. No way. I'm just hoping that the little consoles don't hold it back with their 5 year old was-midrange-back-then-too hardware.

BTW, the voiceover in the vid sounds like one of the actors from the other two games....

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to this. Big fan of the first game. Could never get the second game past the main menu without crashing, so hopefully it's more of the first and none of the second.

The trailer gives me vibes of Blade Runner, Mass Effect and the Dark Knight. Blade Runner for the colour and some of the design, Mass Effect for some of the design and music, and Dark Knight for the Christian Bale-esque Batman voice. Cool trailer though.

Square Enix scares me, because I generally hate their games, but if it's made by Ubisoft then I think I'm ok with it. Square does make great cutscenes (minus story, voice acting and dialog), so that seems to have rubbed off, which is nice.

The color palette and strong lines and flat shades gives it a look reminding me of Syndicate also.

Still, if it's like number 2, forget it... Still not getting my hopes up but at least the graphics are decent.

Regards,
SB

Walton Simons (evil vinyl trenchcoat FEMA director), voiced by Tom Hall.

He came back for IW's intro.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hall

Is that Tom Hall again for Human Revolution, or do we have an impersonator? ;)

I remember being totally thrilled by IW's trailer too. These big budget trailers are created to build hype but have little in common with the final product beyond perhaps the overall aesthetic of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if SMM is involved it's a win-win no matter how the games come out:

1) Game is terrible

SMM posts irreverent horror stories about the development process

2) Game is great

SMM posts details and hints about what went into the soup

ShootMyMonkey really needs to chime in here :)

It's a shame. His posts were all kinds of awesome.

Sometimes, I still think about chrome . . . and T-REXs.

Back