Destiny 2

well this is even easier if u found that a breeze. Boss health is also lower. Strike doesnt feel like anyhting much at all in this beta.

OTOH, PvP has faster recharge times for supers so that feels better and fresh. A bit more D1 like in flow. THe map is also very quick to navigate.
Try it out , its not demanding on the pc hardware at all.

but its demanding inernet connection. this jungle internet is not good.

anyway, ill ply the ps4 version at launch.

well this is even easier if u found that a breeze. Boss health is also lower. Strike doesnt feel like anyhting much at all in this beta.

OTOH, PvP has faster recharge times for supers so that feels better and fresh. A bit more D1 like in flow. THe map is also very quick to navigate.
Try it out , its not demanding on the pc hardware at all.

Wonder if I should try it out on my IGP. I think somebody ran it on a slightly less powerful IGP than mine (i5 6600K) at 720P 15 FPS, said it was playable.

I guess the main drawback is just the superfluous download on my capped internet. But, it's only 34GB for the full game on Xbox One, not bad.

Edit: Pc Beta is only 16GB. Oh yeah, I'm giving that a DL.

Also, I had to manually start my Xbox D2 digital full game pre order download yesterday. Weird as I'm pretty sure I have background downloading set up. Good thing I checked Destiny 2 to see if it was preloading yet.

But yeah 34Gb for D2 is svelte, D1 is 49GB recently I believe not sure if that included a bunch of patches though.

Edit: also shows at 29GB on Xbox One.

Last edited:
Game works great on IGP (i5 6600k) actually, seemingly decent FPS at 720P. I even turned it up to 1080P where it got pretty framey, Im guessing 15 or even 10 FPS. I need to figure out how to check FPS in D2. And figure out controller support, hate M&KB.

I wonder if Bungie purposefully made it workable on IGP so they can truly target the PC masses to the extreme. Most relevant on the laptops most plebs are running.

I realize I actually in my last PC rebuild THREW IN THE TRASH a perfectly good (old) Radeon (unless I can find it), forget what it was but it had 800 shaders at 950mhz. Sure wish I had that back now, would run this great, probably at high, for free!

Edit: figured out the FPS counter in settings. I set the rendering resolution to 100%. At 1080P Vsync off it ran generally around 20 FPS, but frequent dips to 15 ish and even below. I'd deem this unplayable. Turning down to 1680X1050 momentarily didn't seem to help the FPS at all. 720P though was playable at around 30-40 FPS, very rare dip to 29 FPS and it wasn't a particularly demanding area I checked so it could get worse I imagine. The game had customized most settings at low, although noticed it set textures to high. At 720P/low I'd say it looks about like a Xbox 360 level game, which isn't horrendous. But yeah, playable on IGP which is fantastic.

Last edited:
It has begun ! :D
ac41ff5241509f8e8288b78c6077d9d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

I wonder if Bungie purposefully made it workable on IGP so they can truly target the PC masses to the extreme. Most relevant on the laptops most plebs are running.

Nah, it's more likely that the engine is very light on the GPU. That would explain how both versions of Destiny (X1/Ps4) were running at the same res (1080p). I'm hitting the 200 fps cap maxed out with a 1080 Ti, can't say that for any other console game targeting 30 fps.

I played the PC beta yesterday with my roommate. At first I cranked the settings to the highest preset but it didn't play smoothly (fluctuate between 20~30 FPS) under 4K, so I have to turn down the settings to the second highest preset (I think it's "high"), then it's stable at 60FPS. I'm using 1080Ti SLI.

I played the PC beta yesterday with my roommate. At first I cranked the settings to the highest preset but it didn't play smoothly (fluctuate between 20~30 FPS) under 4K, so I have to turn down the settings to the second highest preset (I think it's "high"), then it's stable at 60FPS. I'm using 1080Ti SLI.

Turn off MSAA (FXAA is the best option), and turn DOF from highest to high and set everything else to the highest setting, I'm getting 80-90 fps with drops to 60 with a single 1080 Ti at native 4k. I'd be surprised if the X1X version isn't running at native 4K + High settings from the PC version.

D2 PVP still sucks so bad compared to D1.

Why? Why does it feel so stupid and...deadened, dull, muffled...I cant even figure out why.

Feels like lead weights are on you for one thing. The sounds are weird, the hits are weird, it's all so damn weird, but I dont know why.

It's like they put the whole game under gauze. There is no precision anymore. Same for PVE. But I still cant say why, which is so weird.

It's still fun and it's new, but not the same.

They seem to have decided that "lag" is the most important "problem" and 4v4 was their easy workaround.

4v4 needs smaller maps, smaller maps need slower classes, slower classes need higher TTK, higher TTK needs less accurate weapons, less powerful abilities.

Suddenly you get a bland boring experience where nothing feels smooth and natural anymore.

Turn off MSAA (FXAA is the best option), and turn DOF from highest to high and set everything else to the highest setting, I'm getting 80-90 fps with drops to 60 with a single 1080 Ti at native 4k. I'd be surprised if the X1X version isn't running at native 4K + High settings from the PC version.

Thanks for the tip! It works like a charm! :)

Beta already over at noon? Surprised they didn't extend it several days like console...I didn't get to play much (it was pretty rough to play on IGP anyway).

BTW this was the first time I used Xbox S controller bluetooth capability on PC (via some old cheap USB bluetooth dongle I had laying around for my PC). Very pleased, it worked wonderfully, and very easy to connect etc. It "just works" in Destiny 2.

Last edited:
Getting excited...goodbye life! Get to play Tuesday night at 11 PM where I live (midnight eastern).

Since I haven't loved D2 PVP that much I'm hoping D2 will only be something I binge on for a few weeks. I need to manage how much I play it a lot more!

I've crystallized the thought that while lots of fun, raids, and specifically the hassle of finding a good raid group, are really what's "wrong" with Destiny. I kind of dread that, even though paradoxically raids provide some of the best moments in all gaming.

Depending on loot and how easy it is to reach max light outside the raid, I may well just beat the raid once or so on each difficulty to say I did, and then spend most time screwing around in PVP, which doesn't require so much of a block of time.

Also, as datto has helped me understand, the raid coming out a week after the game is so dumb. It makes you feel like you have to rush to hit raid light level that first week rather than enjoy the game. should be two weeks from launch to raid, minimum.

Also, no cross save on PC cant be understated as a deal breaker. I enjoyed the PC beta, and I could definitely see myself dicking around on PC in addition to mainly playing on Xbox if it had cross save. But to have the games sectioned off, well I may STILL do it later down the road, but they'll be separate entities. I would have to completely level up separately on PC, blech.

It would have been extra nice to also get the PC game free if you bought Xbox, but Bungie clearly isn't following MS footsteps. Still Bungie could have probably got another PC sale from me (at some point anyway) on top of an Xbox sale if they just had cross save.

Also a "fast travel" vid

Bu on another random note I am disappointed in the beta I think the "game rips you out of the menu involuntarily" thing was even worse than D1 if that's possible. So annoying and i was hoping you'd NEVER be pulled out of menu in D2 unless yourself initiated it.

Last edited:
Preloaded, rdy to go!

Can't wait!

Still thinking about which class to go.

Captain America?

Any idea if there is a strongest class/subclass...or all the same?

For general purposes it doesn't really matter. Realistically hunters are worst though.

Hunters have by far the most natural jump though IMO.

It's just skill of the player makes a way bigger difference than class, all classes shoot the same weapons, it's not a true class based game.

For PVE they're all fine, maybe Titans are the best, because the bubble shield can be critical in high leverage moments and there's no substitute. Nightstalker made Hunters worthy in PVE though. In PVP it's Warlocks/Titans>>>>Hunters.

Of course D2 can be different, but AFAIK 2/3 subclasses are the same. And Arc Strider is not new really, Hunters got shafted as normal.

Basically pick what you want, Hunters are worst.

I agree with Rangers for the most part.

When it comes to Destiny PVE end game stuff, you generally want to use a subclass that is helpful to the team. All classes have a subclass that is team-oriented (Hunter nightstalker, Titan bubble and shield, Warlock healing/damage rift).

I would argue that Warlock is now the best PVE class now that it has the damage/healing rift, which basically takes the most useful perks from the Titan bubble in D1 (weapons/blessings of light). It is not a super and simply just the third class ability, so what that means is that you can get your damage/healing rift more frequently and it is available on all subclasses.

For PVP, I would also say Warlock/Titan > Hunter. Hunter has the highest learning curve but can be very good if mastered.

Call me biased since I sort of main of a Warlock, but I would say its the safest choice. However, a lot of the fun in Destiny comes from the supers and abilities, so just pick whatever class you think you will enjoy the most. If you really get into Destiny, you will most likely make 3 characters, one of each, anyway.

Any idea when I can get the sword? Or the deluxe sword bonus?

I play destiny 1 almost exclusively in 3rd person view by using sword almost exclusively.

Playing D2 in 3rd person would be nice.

I cracked and pre-ordered the game... I know it's a mistake
I have a LOTS of complaints about the first Destiny but it still has the best gunplay I've ever played and my loot sense is tingling
I'll play it on 4k & ps4 pro, bring it on ! Let's hope HDR doesn't come two months after
I'll main Warlock which was always my favorite

Back