Destiny 2

Ok I can at least confirm that this game is very light on the GPU, from the PC beta(max possible settings):

destiny2screenshot2018sz21.png

They are almost certainly hitting a CPU bottleneck On Ps4/X1/X1X/Ps4P, and that explains the 30 fps cap.

Last edited:
Funny, I sold my RX 480 a couple months ago, because I never used it, and they were going for a lot because of Cyrpto bubble. So, I literally am just running on IGP now. Cant really play D2 PC.

The crypto bubble means even the few cards available are MSRP or above, rather than the usual steep discounts, so nothing's tempting me to dive back in. Slight shame I guess.

If I bought anything I wanted to go cheap, the only cheap decent card available seems to be the 1050 ti for about 150 (which is sadly still MSRP). Off to see if there are any benchmarks telling how well it runs D2...

Console beta was few weeks ago, and a full game will be out in a week.

PC beta is now, and full PC release will be out in almost 2 months.

fuuuuuck yeeeeah! my office gonna give me a week holiday from 4th sept!

hopefully they greenlit it. :D

2 days to download D2 should be enough :D

HDR support is confirmed on PS4, tho wont be available at launch. Might just have to wait till it patches before I buy.
Cant wait for a second anymore. Need this right now in my life. :D anyways its nto something u play once so the HDR later will get fully utilised whenever it arrives !
With checkerboard 4k+HDR with a super solid stable performance, PS4 version is totally sorted now. I know PC beta, which si downloading at a terrible speed right now, will try to woo me with its 60 fps smoothness which I know I can run it on, I am pretty happy with the 4k+HDR of the pro as of now. Can always double dip later if the PC beta feels too damn good.

So if Pro is doing "dynamic" 4k, hopefully X1X can do locked native.

Native 4k plus HDR, holy smokes that'll look nice. Like a high end PC. Except 60 FPS which I dont give a flying shit about really.

Of course I'm assuming Xbox gets HDR too, but I'm nearly 100% sure of that.

But why is HDR some patch and not at launch apparently? Annoying. What is the big difficulty with HDR? If someday presumably we're going to get to a point where all video content is just HDR, and you dont need all these hardware for it. Do they have to balance the colors or some crap?

I'm sure 30 fps native 4k is pretty doable on X1X, if they don't hit any bottleneck elsewhere, the GPU is capable of pulling that off with the equivalent of High settings on PC.

PvP feels lcompletely new on PC with mouse. Its very fast and quick and much much more fun.

As for PvE, with mouse aim its too easy. Killing everything with contiinuous precision shots with my AR. All the enemies that took a while to beat in th eps4 beta and crumbling in seconds under the continuous precision aim of the mouse. Even forgot I had a super.

I hope Bungie introduces some kind of recoil or increases recoil or something like that. RIght now everything in PvE just melts in front of ur guns. Feels trivial and uninteresting.

As for gfx, except for the obvious 60 fps, all I see is better AO and AF. Otherwise its pretty much what I saw on the ps4 pro. 60 FPS brings clarity and smoothness of course, but the gfx didnt make me go "Wow" as I was expecting on PC max.

But kudos to bungie game feels totally natural on pc . Crisp and slick controls. I don't feel for a second this is a console title ..except for feeling easy with mouse. That feels off to me currently.

Well, played it with my ps4 controller and seem slike recoil is mcuh lesser on the pc version. I could land continuous crits with AR with my controller too, so its not a mouse thing, controlling guns seems easier on the PC . Something of the sort was said by Bungie once I think.
Challenge is much lower in strike making it less fun than it was in previous PS4 beta. IN fact, the strike isnt much fun at all as you can just breeze through it without much to do. I just hope the console version hasn't been made easier like this. Cant wait for the game to launch next week.

Well, played it with my ps4 controller and seem slike recoil is mcuh lesser on the pc version. I could land continuous crits with AR with my controller too, so its not a mouse thing, controlling guns seems easier on the PC . Something of the sort was said by Bungie once I think.
Challenge is much lower in strike making it less fun than it was in previous PS4 beta. IN fact, the strike isnt much fun at all as you can just breeze through it without much to do. I just hope the console version hasn't been made easier like this. Cant wait for the game to launch next week.

hmm? in the PS4 beta the strike was a breeze too. i though bungie gave us overlevelled gear and stats

hmm? in the PS4 beta the strike was a breeze too. i though bungie gave us overlevelled gear and stats
well this is even easier if u found that a breeze. Boss health is also lower. Strike doesnt feel like anyhting much at all in this beta.

OTOH, PvP has faster recharge times for supers so that feels better and fresh. A bit more D1 like in flow. THe map is also very quick to navigate.
Try it out , its not demanding on the pc hardware at all.

Back