Derek Wilson of Anandtech...

digitalwanderer said:
Uhm, what? :oops:

Y'all are remembering things a tad differently than I am. :???:

Yeah I see what your saying went back and checked some of thier older artricles, more neutral around the r300's.

Razor1 said:
Yeah I see what your saying went back and checked some of thier older artricles, more neutral around the r300's.

Anand was far from neutral, they reviewed the r300 and proclaimed the nv30 (months before its actual release) the victor.

Any site that gave awards for a product that was effectively vaporware most likely had an NVidia bias at the time. Then again, NVidia did fairly well at the time...

Last edited by a moderator:
AlphaWolf said:
Anand was far from neutral, they reviewed the r300 and proclaimed the nv30 (months before its actual release) the victor.

Wasn't talking about Anand, [H], everyone did expect the the nv30 to really kill the r300 though, but anyhow thats besides the point, you're right Anand did go over the edge on that one.

For us it's not just reviews, we also do a lot of editorials about things, if you look you'll see we call out what needs to be called out to gamers on both sides.

Razor1 said:
I really don't think so, [H] was very pro ATi when the r300 showed up, specially after the fx flop. There could be likness towards one company but it all depends who's on top, thier reviews aren't really slanted. I just look at the numbers, don't really read thier articles ;). But anyways I think its more of a disappointment factor, if I was expecting something to be really great, and I finally get it, and it turns out to be OK as good as something else I could have bought a while back, I would be alittle hard on it too.

And Epic, I don't think they are really in bed with nV that much, other then getting to test pre release hardware possibly. Sweeny said the g70 was going to be faster, for the most part it was against a 500 mhz x1800, which that was ATi's prerelease cards.

[H] was pro ATI? Oh you mean after all the evidence of the NV30's problems became so obvious that they finally had to admit that the R300 was better. After that they went right back to nvidia, bashing ATI's availability whenever possible (even though the former's was only slightly better at the time).

Sure the R520 was late, but it was about as fast as the G70 and faster than with AA, plus it had other advantages, yet I still see certain individuals do nothing but complain.

Epic, they've been in bed with nvidia since Unreal Tournament. They attend every nvidia launch, they get and use nvidia products, they mention nvidia all the time, and every one of their games is TWIMTBP branded. Come on now.

And it's normally the people going around accusing everyone else of being biased who exhibit the most obvious biases themselves.

[H] has several biases but it's using populist statements to reach out to the, in my opinion, junior audience at HardOcp

they bias towards nv, they bias towards the US of A against the rest of the world.
I've seen many articles on ati unavailability but how much flak has nV got for the shimmering? any front paged articles about GTX512 availability?

They were very mild, almost neutral at the FX5800 launch but it's gotten downhill after that, but at least they still write SANE stuff, unlike Sander Sassen ;)

Diplo said:
And it's normally the people going around accusing everyone else of being biased who exhibit the most obvious biases themselves.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, because everything I've said is a lie created by ATI and distributed through me.

ANova said:
[H] was pro ATI? Oh you mean after all the evidence of the NV30's problems became so obvious that they finally had to admit that the R300 was better. After that they went right back to nvidia, bashing ATI's availability whenever possible (even though the former's was only slightly better at the time).

Sure the R520 was late, but it was about as fast as the G70 and faster than with AA, plus it had other advantages, yet I still see certain individuals do nothing but complain.

Epic, they've been in bed with nvidia since Unreal Tournament. They attend every nvidia launch, they get and use nvidia products, they mention nvidia all the time, and every one of their games is TWIMTBP branded. Come on now.

Well hey can't complain they did change right?

Epic doesn't need nV you know that, its a matual partnership period. Game companies that have gotten as big as Epic or Valve don't really even give a damn about thier publishers let alone a graphics company.

ANova said:
Yes, because everything I've said is a lie created by ATI and distributed through me.
Did I mention your name specifically or address my post to you? No. However, I guess this is a case of, "If the cap fits..."

Razor1 said:
Game companies that have gotten as big as Epic or Valve don't really even give a damn about thier publishers let alone a graphics company.

It's mostly their marketing department selling the companies soul to the first bidder, christ, even S3 could partner with microsoft game studios. it's all about money...

neliz said:
It's mostly their marketing department selling the companies soul to the first bidder, christ, even S3 could partner with microsoft game studios. it's all about money...

I haven't heard Epic setting up an auction for co-marketing for nV or ATi have you? Last time I heard that was Valve. And nV dropped the bid, they thought HL2 wasn't worth the 8 mill was it ATi spent.

I believe the $8mil was for HL2/XT bundles. Only Valve and ATI know what really went on in the endorsement race.

Back