Decent camera

zed

Legend
For on holiday

need
- small & lightweight
- good zoom (currently 12x which aint enuf)
- GPS

semi important
fast startup
HDR

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V is looking like the best bet unless someone knows another one

You could look at the lumix zs20, seems to get good reviews. Canon's would be the sx260. I think those are both older ones they might have a new model.

Cheers, yeah they seem OK as well, though not as good but they are a little cheaper. But price isnt a major factor for me.

I would recommend you step up a bit, to something like the NEX-5 or NEX-7, vastly better cameras if they have to be that compact.

I would recommend you step up a bit, to something like the NEX-5 or NEX-7, vastly better cameras if they have to be that compact.

I have a NEX 5, fantastic camera, but it's not really compact with any useful lens on it.

yeah its a bit too big, it about the same size as my current camera, PITA having it hanging around your neck.
it doesnt have GPS either like the HX30.
Yes the picture quality is much better, but then again Im happy with my old cameras picture quality & thats outdated now (it was just too bulky and missing a few features)
Ive ordered it anyways (free extra battery & 8GB card cause of a boxing day(*) sale ), so too late.

(*)actually 4 days after boxing day, We just had all these xmas sales, then the boxing day sales now I see stuff for new years sales! 20 years ago it wasnt like this

Back