Dead Rising demo today?

Going in, I had high expectations for this game.

Not only did Dead ising fulfill them, but exceeded them. This is a no-brainer must buy! I will also have to say that I have grown to love the content delivery system of XBOX Live. What a great way to test drive some stuff.

Following suit like the rest of the thread...If you haven't downloaded this yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

Ok heres the link, be sure to watch at 5:55 for something unexpected. I point it out incase you miss it. The video is a little over 9 minutes long and is a collection of about an hours worth of play summed up with the good parts. Some pop in is noticible especially in stores. But the game is just really fun :)

Youtube destroyed the quality so bear that in mind. There's nothing I can do about that :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That could really be my kind of game :) Too bad i'll only get to play it tomorrow afternoon cause of the time delay here in europe. But i think this will be the first technical perfect 360 game. to me

:LOL: :LOL: The shopping cart is brilliant. That axe is crazy! :LOL: @ the pie & photo. The katana. :oops:

The animation is excellent. :cool: The detail in this game is astounding (the hand stuck on the guy's face).

Sub machine gun is..ok when you start out, head towards the steps straight out. Kill all the zombies on the steps then start walking down them again. You should see a blue terrace, jump up onto it and walk down more. The Sub Machine gun is there!!

You can mix juices too and get cool effects. One is invincibility. None of the zombies can touch you!

Bravo on the video .50cal, what are you pointing out exactly at 5:55, i couldnt make it out...

I had to put a moratorium on the game for the night, me and the kids have been playing it nonstop for hours. :)

wow most realistic cut scenes of people that I possibly have ever seen

that chick is hot and her eyes, lips etc look extremely realistic

expletive said:
Bravo on the video .50cal, what are you pointing out exactly at 5:55, i couldnt make it out...

There's a zombie that trips and falls off the stairs and then gets back up. The animation there is pretty good. But just the fact that the zombie trips by himself...

Thanks expletive, Im uploading a high quality video to my site now, so a link should follow soon so maybe you can actually make it out..I was winding up with the golf club and all of a sudden a zombie fell flat on his face from the stairs to the right. Me and my friend started bursting out laughing at it :)

Alstrong, the zombies all do that if they lose their blance :D I think its great, it adds realism. All that shuffling, especially on steps is gonna make you fall some times ;)

Higher quality video as promised!
624x360 9:09 30FPS X264 Codec​

VLC Media Player plays it fine without the need for installing the codec.

Any aliasing you see is caused from de-interlacing. Theres no magic de-interlace filter for games, so you'll have to deal with the slight jaggies sometimes but its barely a problem.

Screen from the actual 98MB video (sans JPEG artifacts):
drro3.jpg

The quality is excellent, this codec is exceeding my expectations :)

looks like a fun game to play, this is what i want mindless trash i might have to buy a xb360 to play this game, in saying that its graphically very poor though,
i luv in the previous screen shot the guy levitating on the stairs (must have some killer stomach muscles) either that or perhaps the physics engine is weak

Nice graphics and animations,great attention to detail, looks funny but still looks really boring to play. Oh well to each his own.

This is the kind of game you want to play when you have a bad day at work. The animations are nicely done like how he throws stuff. When it comes to mindless fun then GTA is probably the 'lowest' I go so this game is not for me.

ninzel said:
Nice graphics and animations,great attention to detail, looks funny but still looks really boring to play. Oh well to each his own.

You mean the demo with absolutely no objectives at all? Have you seen the 5 different endings to the demo, with all the different bosses? Looks pretty fun to me.

If you want a break from all the killing, here's two handy charts for some juice mixin':

DRjuices.jpg

Juice_Mixer_Chart.gif

Juice_Mixer_Chart2.gif

Most of the food items can be aquired at Jill's Sandwich, by the movie theater downstairs. Also, at the fountain near by are 2 Snacks (in the shrubery). Take them up to the Coffee shop upstairs and mix away at the blender!

I thought it was pretty fun, played through it 4 or 5 times already. It's a great way to kill some time... and some zombies. Looks like a possible buy for me.

Its a buyer for me, lovely crunch sound with the sledge hammer and the shot gun is nice...

Back