Dead Rising 3 [XO]

The scale is amazing and no level loading yes! The graphics are very good too, very nice jump from current gen. Anyone know if this is a new Capcom game engine or is it using a version of MT Framework?

Visuals look like they've come a long way since the reveal. Thousands of zombies on screen at once now? I like the sound of that.

Anyone know if this is a new Capcom game engine or is it using a version of MT Framework?

Fairly certain it's their own engine (Capcom Vancouver/formerly known as Blue Castle). Supporting and translating MT is not likely to be practical.

Sweet, whatever engine they're using it looks good with a lot of potential for future games that may not necessarily be in the DR franchise. I would love to see Capcom make a game like I Am Alive using this engine. Anyway I may have to preorder this game.

First 25 minutes:

looked decent, some interesting comments about procedural zombie creation for variety, also appears to be some interesting variety with kills. They mentioned something about Kinect integration but it was too ambiguous to know what exactly they were talking about... I would not be surprised if this turns out to be one of the best games available for launch platforms this fall.

The Kinect part seems to be the zombie AI being able to hear sounds received from the Kinect microphone.

Ob btw that dude with the cap and bat looks like a character from one of SNK's fighting games.:LOL:

The Kinect part seems to be the zombie AI being able to hear sounds received from the Kinect microphone.

Ob btw that dude with the cap and bat looks like a character from one of SNK's fighting games.:LOL:

Interesting didn't a PS2 game do something like that a long time ago? I think it was called Manhunter....

I thought they were talking about something to do with weapon selection but sound could be interesting.

Interesting didn't a PS2 game do something like that a long time ago? I think it was called Manhunter....

I thought they were talking about something to do with weapon selection but sound could be interesting.

I believe they said that Zombies in game could react to things that Kinect can hear or "see". Definitely know they said that sound could trigger zombie reactions. Not entirely sure on whether what Kinect could "see" was just addition motion controls or if zombies could also react to them.

Regards,
SB

First 25 minutes:

I am not used to games with zombies, but it does look fun at times.

Much much better than this game, which is the antagonist of DR3, not only gameplay wise, but the name.... Zombies in bathrobes.

I'd recommend you to read the description in the Youtube video, mwahahahahaahaha.

It looks like the game is 1080p/30fps "mostly":

Capcom is targeting 1080P/30fps and at this point Dead Rising 3 is hitting that 90% of the time. The other 10% usually involved craziness like igniting and flattening hundreds of zombies at once with a steamroller-equipped, fire-spewing motorcycle – and in those cases I didn’t mind so much because of THE STEAMROLLER-EQUIPPED, FIRE-SPEWING MOTORCYCLE!

I kiiiiiiinda liked the fireworks by the end of this video.

THey have got some funny ideas there :), wish it was a faster paced game, I got bored of DR2 pretty quickly. I guess Sunset Overdrive might let us have this kindof fun but in a faster shooter environment :D !

This is looking really good! DR3 is the only Xbox One exclusive that I am interested in, I'm bummed it's not coming to PS4.

Back