Dead Rising 3 [XO]

Has it actually been confirmed that it was a DLC update? All the articles I read yesterday were asking the question of what it does; DLC would certainly seem the most logical but there wasn't confirmation. For me it seems the patch has introduced some periodic "pausing" that wasn't there previously.

(Currently up 72K zombie killing achievement, going for the 100K and Nightmare achieves! :) )

Has it actually been confirmed that it was a DLC update? All the articles I read yesterday were asking the question of what it does; DLC would certainly seem the most logical but there wasn't confirmation. For me it seems the patch has introduced some periodic "pausing" that wasn't there previously.

(Currently up 72K zombie killing achievement, going for the 100K and Nightmare achieves! :) )

There's this interview + a list:

1. Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
  2. Various Stability Fixes.
  3. Various Performance Improvements.
  4. Online Stability improvements.
  5. Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
  6. Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
  7. Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
  8. Some improvements to item pickups.
  9. Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
  10. Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
  11. Fixed some mission scripting issues.
  12. Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
  13. Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
  14. Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
  15. Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
  16. Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
  17. SmartGlass stability fix.
----

Hope this mandatory DLC download is an exception. :| Free DLC is one thing (and more relevant to content parity for MP, but how often does that happen), but paid DLC? Meh. Not everyone buys it.

Ahhh, cool. The interview also mentions haptic feedback added (not in the list); I thought I felt something different whilst playing it last night.

I started this last night. Wow, looks like crap! Ignoring the 720P part, everything else looks last gen. Why couldn't they release this on the 360? Maybe too many zombies? Anyhow, love killing zombies and I'm hoping this keeps my attention more than DR 1 & 2.

I started this last night. Wow, looks like crap! Ignoring the 720P part, everything else looks last gen. Why couldn't they release this on the 360? Maybe too many zombies? Anyhow, love killing zombies and I'm hoping this keeps my attention more than DR 1 & 2.

Not just that there are a lot of zombies, but that they aren't just instanced copies. There's effort made to randomize each zombie's appearance so they'll at least be somewhat unique from zombie to zombie. If all the zombies were identical they might have been able to spare performance for some other stuff, but I like the trade-off. Nothing annoys me more than having 23007823084523409 (slight exaggeration) of the exact same textured model for NPCs.

Regards,
SB

Do the zombies respawn or can you clear an area? Also how would this look on a PC with 2500k & 660ti compared to XBO? Anyone played this and Dying Light - how do the stack up against each other?

Back