Dead Rising 3 [XO]

How do you guys feel about the season pass for $20 with 3 content updates each update costing $10

I don't really like how they sucked the colour out of the art.

Not really sure why they did that. It looks less appealing than the funny colours of Dead Rising 1 and 2 for me at least.

A game with ridiculous context and that kind of humour in violence, I feel like a colourful art style makes more sense.

In any case it's a bit too violent for me also I think haha... and this is coming from someone who played quite a bit of State of Emergency... lol. That game looked cartoony though at least.

Dynamic Resolution will be used as well, but otherwise I keep seeing anywhere from 720p to 4k. LOL
:mrgreen: It depends of what you use as an unit of measurement. Is that even possible for the Xbox One upscaler to upscale to 4k? The console is bundled with a 4k compatible HDMI cable, but I am not sure it can to be honest.

A very nice video and in-depth discussion about the various aspects of the game. The game is looking better and better. Characters look nextgen now. I also really like the option to not have a timer. I'm hoping to play this game entirely from a serious RE gameplay perspective.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-3-projected-to-sell-1-2-million-copies/1100-6415910/

How do you guys feel about the season pass for $20 with 3 content updates each update costing $10

It really depends on what you get in the "updates". If it's substantial I'm all for it. Ryse is also getting a season pass which includes a ton of MP maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
New footage looks a lot nicer than the reveal. I've got too many games. Picking this up will be a tough call. I know I'm getting BF4 for X1, because I don't have a game like that in my library right now. There's a good chance I'll get Dead Rising, just to have another next-gen game.

The facial animations were surprisingly good. Also liked the body parts flopping around 21m mark.

Framerate seemed solid for the most part too ? (couple slow downs during driving/ploughing through fences)

Back