Dead Rising 3 [XO]

Capcom say that Dead Rising 3 can be a serious horror game thanks to Xbox One's fidelity.

I love horror games and I wonder if this launch game is going to be as good at terror as Condemned, which was an horror launch game on the Xbox 360. And what a true horror game!! Sometimes I couldn't sleep over it.

I purchased it day one, because of the lack of games and never regretted that decision, it was a good game by Sega, unexpectedly good in fact.

Ihttp://www.oxm.co.uk/63126/dead-ris...says-capcom/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-General-RSS

That's welcome news. I've always wanted DR to be more dark/serious/creepy. Prior versions there was no fear when venturing outside of the safehouses. I hope this version changes that. I hope that every time you leave a safehouse you may not make it back or to the next location. So instead of joking around with zombies you're fighting to survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Capcom say that Dead Rising 3 can be a serious horror game thanks to Xbox One's fidelity.

I love horror games and I wonder if this launch game is going to be as good at terror as Condemned, which was an horror launch game on the Xbox 360. And what a true horror game!! Sometimes I couldn't sleep over it.

I purchased it day one, because of the lack of games and never regretted that decision, it was a good game by Sega, unexpectedly good in fact.

Ihttp://www.oxm.co.uk/63126/dead-ris...says-capcom/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-General-RSS

Yes, COndemned was a good game back then and scary too :) ! But the gameplay videos of DR3 seem more like "funny weapons against Zonbie-hordes" kind. There seems to be a tone of humour all over it. Was playing DR2 recently, and it had lesser but still the humour undertone drives the game, not really horror. In fact there seems to be no horror in DR2 at all, but Zombies are presented to you as toys to be played with.

if a b3der needs a copy sent to Germany just let me know. I can get a copy 25% off in nov and send it over. Should help with any shipping fees

It could be a sleeper hit. Looks really amazing so far (the first one has always been a technical benchmark for the 360 to me. Much better than the sequel even)

It could be a sleeper hit. Looks really amazing so far (the first one has always been a technical benchmark for the 360 to me. Much better than the sequel even)
Yep, and 4xMSAA most of the time (the original).

This is currently the only next-gen launch title I'd buy outside of whatever comes with the console. Co-op should be fun. A few of the good ones have slipped launch.

OK, this bit could be amazingly interesting, depending on the sensitivity.

Xbox One Kinect integration allows zombies to respond to loud noises, bright lights and motion in the real world, along with the ability to grapple zombies and fling them off by shaking the controller.

Imagine if a police car, firetruck, or ambulance went by your house in real life with sirens going. Now imagine Kinect picking that up, meaning the Zombies hear it and are then drawn to your location. Now imagine you were trying to sneak by a horde when that happens. Awesome.

Also, have to remember to bring a flashlight with me when I check it out at a friend's house. Probably won't happen but it would have been funny if you could shine the flashlight into the game and make the zombies chase the projected light.

Regards,
SB

OK, this bit could be amazingly interesting, depending on the sensitivity.

Imagine if a police car, firetruck, or ambulance went by your house in real life with sirens going. Now imagine Kinect picking that up, meaning the Zombies hear it and are then drawn to your location. Now imagine you were trying to sneak by a horde when that happens. Awesome.

Also, have to remember to bring a flashlight with me when I check it out at a friend's house. Probably won't happen but it would have been funny if you could shine the flashlight into the game and make the zombies chase the projected light.

Regards,
SB

Police sirens would be a funny way to attract zombies but I think the motion is going to be funnier when someones mom, dad, brother or roommate walk in front of the screen and a bunch of zombies see it.

I think it would be cool if there were parts of the game where you had to stay perfectly still in real life to keep zombies for seeing you.

That any game can expect to hear you now on Xbox, if they want to, is pretty cool.

"Shhhhh... zombies!"

How would that work though? Would any sound make them come towards you or would it be directional? I mean, could I have my wife at the other end of the couch start talking and the zombies then head toward her direction? That'd be cool.........and kinda satisfying at the same time. :devilish:

Thanks Nospheratux for the GIF

ibfV7OAokENW4E.gif

Back