CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

interesting. turns out CP2077 at 1080p native i got ~60fps. but at 4k with performance dlss (1080p render info on debug .dll) i only got ~40fps. it seems too much for just DLSS penalty. so probably there are things that are decoupled from render resolution.
Aren't some of the buffers still based on the output resolution regardless of the render scale, at least with DLSS? Or am I remembering that wrong.

As for your performance decrease, I had the opposite happen. Patch 1.5 gave me worse performance, but I got it all back in 1.6. However, when 1.6 launched, CP2077 wouldn't for me. I did a few "verify files" and whatnot, then deleted and redownloaded the game. Turns out I just had to run it as admin, but my install is fresh so that might have something to do with it.

There's usually a bunch of post-process effects that are added after DLSS.

Yeah, and the quality drop from performance to ultra performance is just too much. Making FSR 1.0 result in better image quality (just a smidge blurrier) and performance.

For example fsr performance looks worse than dlss performance, faster than dlss performance, and still better looking than dlss ultra performance.

C2077 will get a new Overdrive visual preset mode that will supercharge RT rendering

Cyberpunk 2077’s neon-illuminated environments are key to its aesthetic, and with the new Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode their level of detail is taken to the next level:
  • NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) gives each neon sign, street lamp, car headlight, LED billboard and TV accurate ray-traced lighting and shadows, bathing objects, walls, passing cars and pedestrians in accurate colored lighting
  • Ray-traced indirect lighting and reflections now bounce multiple times, compared to the previous solution’s single bounce. The result is even more accurate, realistic and immersive global illumination, reflections, and self-reflections
  • Ray-traced reflections are now rendered at full resolution, further improving their quality
  • Improved, more physically-based lighting removes the need for any other occlusion techniques

I wish they would increase draw distance, improve memory management with Sampler Feedback and implement a fast and efficient GI like Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition instead. No need for these overdrive PR modes that do not contribute much to the image aside from a few scenes anyway and render older cards useless.

I wish they would increase draw distance, improve memory management with Sampler Feedback and implement a fast and efficient GI like Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition instead. No need for these overdrive PR modes that do not contribute much to the image aside from a few scenes anyway and render older cards useless.
The hilarious thing is that the game works fine with manual config file editing to 2x draw distance on 8GB vram without RT. No obvious performance impact.

Other people with 12GB vram days they can go 8x with almost no performance impact

I've tried my best to replicate the view of Nvidia's free camera movement, here's the first comparison of the new overdrive mode and the existent rt mode:

Max settings, 1440p no DLSS+Psycho RT vs Overdrive mode.

Does that seem worth it to you? I've noticed small objects like the bottles on that round, white table still don't cast proper shadowing and look like they are floating. I was hoping they improved that.

The hilarious thing is that the game works fine with manual config file editing to 2x draw distance on 8GB vram without RT. No obvious performance impact.

Other people with 12GB vram days they can go 8x with almost no performance impact

Is this working now ? Under 1.3x, a lot of mods/tweak were touching that, but it didn't do anything for lod/objects popping very close to the camera and shadows.

Is this working now ? Under 1.3x, a lot of mods/tweak were touching that, but it didn't do anything for lod/objects popping very close to the camera and shadows.
I have not tried it on 1.6

I used to use 2x on 1.5x. It affect LOD, and assets pop ins. I don't remember it affect shadows or not

I've tried my best to replicate the view of Nvidia's free camera movement, here's the first comparison of the new overdrive mode and the existent rt mode:

Max settings, 1440p no DLSS+Psycho RT vs Overdrive mode.

Does that seem worth it to you? I've noticed small objects like the bottles on that round, white table still don't cast proper shadowing and look like they are floating. I was hoping they improved that.

The difference seems pretty obvious but difficult to tell whether it's actually better without moving footage I think.

started a new game as streed kid, and the game crashes after jackie finished his call with his momma in front of the afterlife, in the heist mission.

if i didnt go there, the game wont crash. i go there, he finish the phone call, crash.

edit:
fixed by running ASAP to afterlife bounchger before his phone call ends

Last edited:
there's RTX 4090 contest https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/4...ce-rtx-4090-gpu-with-cyberpunk-2077-backplate

it seems you are supposed to find the GPU in the game, in the corpo intro.

EDIT:

maybe the one in the corpo intro is just 1 of the 3.

as there are 3 life paths, probably there's 1 RTX 4090 for each life path

We’ve heard some rumors that 3 pieces of this preem hardware found their way into Night City. Equipped with custom Cyberpunk 2077 backplates and support brackets from V1Tech, there are literally only 3 in existence. Help us find them and one can be yours!

the NPC is stuck inside a server. see hits fingers sticking out behind the chair backrest.
his legs are INSIDE the backrest.

seems wrong "x" coordinate for NPC location.

photomode_27092022_103843.png

in the clue photo. with (a reflection of) RTX 4090 on his feet.
Fdl-WR-WAAEWJun.jpg

maybe the RTX 4090 is stuck inside the chair or something ROFL

Last edited:
Back