CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

So I didn't pay much attention to this game during its long development since I'm not really an RPG type player, loled a bit about launch issues but is it actually properly polished/patched up now?

So I didn't pay much attention to this game during its long development since I'm not really an RPG type player, loled a bit about launch issues but is it actually properly polished/patched up now?

Generally, yes.

Just don't look too deep.

I wonder what the RedMOD tools will support. Hopefully bring some real new content to the game.

From what I understand, you can't really make missions with this tools, so... But all in all, the patch 1.6 and the "vibe" of the announcements were good imo. And letting old generations go is the right move. But still no new game +, so, I'll wait before playing it again.

seems update 1.6 is quite major, as i got
  1. naked (has happened prevously with 1.5 IIRC)
  2. cant save (first time happened after an update)
  3. very good performance, seems back to before 1.5.
now back to playing FFXV. im too lazy to re-equip everything again ROFL

okay managed to play this game again, and WTF it really does look gorgeous in HDR. The performance is better... until i found crowds. chopped frame rate to HALF. solved by changing texture resolution to LOW.

huh, so 8GB VRAM is not enough... or CDPR fucked up the memory streaming management?

this looks so flat in SDR, but in HDR, whoa! the lights!

cyberpunk16.jpg

okay managed to play this game again, and WTF it really does look gorgeous in HDR. The performance is better... until i found crowds. chopped frame rate to HALF. solved by changing texture resolution to LOW.

huh, so 8GB VRAM is not enough... or CDPR fucked up the memory streaming management?

this looks so flat in SDR, but in HDR, whoa! the lights!

View attachment 6935
Welcome to having enough grunt but not having enough VRAM situation. :)

XSX/PS5 are performing below 8GB gpu's aswell, it seems 2077 isnt all that greatly optimized. Or its just vram hungry on higher settings like eternal.
I think it's just very VRAM hungry as there's a lot of high quality unique texturing. As a contrast, RDR2 maxed out uses 5Gb of VRAM, but there's far less high resolution unique texturing going on.

I think it's just very VRAM hungry as there's a lot of high quality unique texturing. As a contrast, RDR2 maxed out uses 5Gb of VRAM, but there's far less high resolution unique texturing going on.

Explains why its running quite much better and stable on my 2080Ti vs the 3070m laptop with its 8gb vram.

8Gb VRAM is not enough. My 3090 at 2560x1080 maxed out it uses over 13Gb VRAM.

AFAIK it automatically gobbles up all available VRAM if it can. as the VRAM usage never change between low and high. at least in my rtx 3070 8GB.

but dang, this game does looks beautiful in HDR. the lamps on the floor are simply amazing. too bad theres no way to share HDR images.

cyberpunk bike.jpg

uh what the hell happened with CP2077

my performance was like this

then now my performance is like this

so basically now im forced to use ultra performance to get 40-80fps. instead of "performance" for ~50fps

Back