CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

This isn't quite the right place for this (due to availability issues) but in the post there is -

NOTE: it is recommended to enable upscaling (DLSS) on graphics cards with 16GB or less of VRAM and 1440p or higher resolution.

I'm not sure if this will be specific to Cyberpunk 2077 or not but I'm not sure if anyone has really looked into the potential VRAM implications for frame generation? It was kind of just out of sight/out of mind as the debating cards basically had excess VRAM but we're now down to 12GB and soon 8GB cards that will have this feature that might possibly have usability issues?

A quality texture mod is out. I'm testing it right now and so far I am impressed. With the exception of Star Citizen and maybe vehicle models from some games I couldn't immediately name a game where I know sharper textures. Not all but many textures are now very crisp especially when you consider that the game character puts his nose 30 cm in front of it. The VRAM consumption also increases noticeably. It's amazing that you can get something like this for free. I would easily pay 15 € for this in my favourite games.

Still I haven't tested it enough yet in order to give a final assessment. Maybe there are bugs in some parts of the game now. The game is big.

Last edited:
A quality texture mod is out. I'm testing it right now and so far I am impressed. Not all but many textures are now very crisp especially when you consider that the game character puts his nose 30 cm in front of it. The VRAM consumption also increases noticeably. It's amazing that you can get something like this for free. I would easily pay 15 euros for this in my favourite games.

Still I haven't tested it enough yet in order to give a final assessment.

The improvements seem significant. This looks like a must have mod for the game. I'm amazed CP2077 ships with such bad looking textures in the first place tbh. I hope it's compatible with the upcoming overdrive update though.

Some textures were bad but on average they were good. But even the good ones were largely upgraded. There are still a few failures but maybe there will be more versions of this modification.

I think so. I'm more worried about the expansion.

The improvements seem significant. This looks like a must have mod for the game. I'm amazed CP2077 ships with such bad looking textures in the first place tbh. I hope it's compatible with the upcoming overdrive update though.
if i remember the initial release of the game had some better looking textures but after the "optimizations" for RTX performance they reduced roughness values with much less detail and just bland smooth and shiny, roads and cars were mostly noticeable.

I have now installed multiple visual mods. The VRAM consumption increased by about 1.5 GB and the game looks even more awesome than it already does. Otherwise, I don't notice any unexpectedly disadvantages. The frame rate is a bit lower but not by much. And still stable.
I didn't use the mod with higher vehicle and NPC draw distance because it makes the 2D vehicles disappear in the distance and that damages the atmosphere because it looks empty.

High quality textures

Significantly improved LOD quaility and draw distance for buildings and smaller objects (2 mods)

Less pop in for vegetation

Better food asset quality

Improved LOD for billboards

Improved rain quality

More fog

To use some of these mods you needed to have this

All of these mods need to be in this folder:
Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\mod

No installation etc. is required. Simply insert the file.

This is the one I'm going to look at next.

Last edited:
I have now installed multiple visual mods. The VRAM consumption increased by about 1.5 GB and the game looks even more awesome than it already does. Otherwise, I don't notice any unexpectedly disadvantages. The frame rate is a bit lower but not by much. And still stable.
I didn't use the mod with higher vehicle and NPC draw distance because it makes the 2D vehicles disappear in the distance and that damages the atmosphere because it looks empty.

High quality textures

Significantly improved LOD quaility improvement and draw distance for buildings and smaller objects (2 mods)

Less pop in for vegetation

Better food asset quality

Improved LOD for billboards

Improved rain quality

More fog

To use some of these mods you needed to have this one

All of these mods need to be in this folder:
Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\mod

No installation etc. is required. Simply insert the file.

This is the one I'm going to look at next.

Awesome! Thanks for the guide!

I'm happy to. It's also very easy with the game because the files only have to be in the folder. Nothing more.
I have tested more mods but found some disadvantages like errors.

The one with the higher density of passers-by is good but it reduces the frame rate considerably. You need a very good CPU or DLSS3. But then the city is incredibly dense. Sometimes there are more than 30 pedestrians crossing the street at the same time at one traffic light. I don't even see that many people in total on the screen in many open world games.
It also makes the inside of buildings much more lively. I only tested the one with plus 50 per cent.

Last edited:
if i remember the initial release of the game had some better looking textures but after the "optimizations" for RTX performance they reduced roughness values with much less detail and just bland smooth and shiny, roads and cars were mostly noticeable.

That's highly likely. Playing the game on its release day and finishing it on the release version, i've never seen any of the texture work the modder paints as "before". I've been going through my around 450 screenshots i did back in december 2020 while playing and im not seeing anything like in those pics. Those before pics look like there's something wrong with the game or textures are not loading. I've had zero complaints about the texture work while playing that launch version.

That's highly likely. Playing the game on its release day and finishing it on the release version, i've never seen any of the texture work the modder paints as "before". I've been going through my around 450 screenshots i did back in december 2020 while playing and im not seeing anything like in those pics. Those before pics look like there's something wrong with the game or textures are not loading. I've had zero complaints about the texture work while playing that launch version.
I didn't say the launch version had texture problems, actually the opposite some were more detailed of which they "optimised" (when raytracing was enabled) to increase performance while suffering in detail.

I forgot to mention that one should also change the original DLSS.dll for a newer one. Of course, one should not delete the original dll just insert a new prefix like "old_" into the name.

Version 2.5.1 is currently supposed to be the best. But I have not tested all of them after 2.5.1.

With the previously listed mods one needs at least 12 GB VRAM. The VRAM of an RTX 3080 is not enough. With a GPU with more than 12 GB one could upgrade the faces of all the characters and the clothing and one will get well over 12 GB in places with lots of crowds.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that one should also change the original DLSS.dll for a newer one. Of course, one should not delete the old dll just insert a new prefix like "old_" into the name.

Version 2.5.1 is currently supposed to be the best. But I have not tested all of them after 2.5.1.

With the previously listed mods one needs at least 12 GB VRAM. The VRAM of an RTX 3080 is not enough. With a GPU with more than 12 GB one could upgrade the faces of all the characters and the clothing and one will get well over 12 GB in places with lots of crowds.
and you can use https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/7925?tab=files to change the DLSS method to whichever the best for your eyes

Back