Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2022] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Everyone knows that or should know that.

Remember, Microsoft had to get permissions from the game developer/publisher to put them on Backwards Compatibility and FPSBoost. When Microsoft owns all of the Activision back catalog, they can give permissions to include all those titles where as Activision did not. That is the main point. The barrier to getting permissions from Activision is removed.
FPS boost seems to be problematic with many titles (e.g. some titles introduced gamebreaking bugs with FPS boost enabled) so the support ended. What I really wished they would intensify is Res-Boost for older titles. Especially the x-enhanced titles looked phenomenal. There are so many xbox 360 and xb1 gems that would really benefit from just doubling the resolution ... but they ended the complete BC program as far as I understood.
I really hope that current titles with dynamic resolution systems will be much better equipped for the future.

FPS boost seems to be problematic with many titles (e.g. some titles introduced gamebreaking bugs with FPS boost enabled) so the support ended. What I really wished they would intensify is Res-Boost for older titles. Especially the x-enhanced titles looked phenomenal. There are so many xbox 360 and xb1 gems that would really benefit from just doubling the resolution ... but they ended the complete BC program as far as I understood.
I really hope that current titles with dynamic resolution systems will be much better equipped for the future.
Couple more options I would like to see that would really make it more future proof as it where.
But just having unlocked framerate option would help.
Then it will run at max DRS and hugely boosted FPS on future hardware.

Can someone point how to see VRR status on lg b9, because press on green button menu like on cx, bx does not exists. I previously managed to get video signal info screen, but cant find info now.... to much false info on the net...

Cant find any info on vrr, just shows 120hz in spider man mm.

1. vrr enabled in system menus
2. display info says "vrr supported 48-120hz range"
2. game set to performance rt + 120hz
3. updates instaled

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NEsqEYmFj8UxCE7U7

In that menu select HDMI and you’ll see some extra info there. There’s some values that fluctuate if vrr is working. Another sure way to find out is in the PS5’s display settings > display info. It shows the current resolution and refresh rate, if VRR is active it will show it there after the resolution iirc.

In that menu select HDMI and you’ll see some extra info there. There’s some values that fluctuate if vrr is working. Another sure way to find out is in the PS5’s display settings > display info. It shows the current resolution and refresh rate, if VRR is active it will show it there after the resolution iirc.

ps5 display info shows vrr as supported, and from this menu:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HCcv3MqBu6Lat1qs8

what values exactly have to fluctuate? It's seems that I won't be able to get actual fps number, to check in some games.

edit:
in vrr mode "total resolution" is fluctuating a lot.
in non vrr its fixed.
too bad that I can't see actual fps, but thank a lot for sorting this out :)

Last edited:
d445c60199a76c23988dec9cd384446d.jpg

On this screen, if VRR is active, under current video output signal, the resolution says “VRR” after the resolution/refresh rate. I am playing Bloodborne so no VRR is active.

Sadly there’s no way to know real time refresh rate/fps numbers on B9 as in CX and above.

Actually, in 40fps mode it's vrr too, but makes little sense because of a range (48-120).
It will switch between 40 and >48fps and look inconsistent.
Apparently is 40-120 because of patch (John from df tweet), it looks much better than 40fps without vrr and capped but lg wont show correctly fps in this mode

Last edited:
Apparently is 40-120 because of patch (John from df tweet), it looks much better than 40fps without vrr and capped but lg wont show correctly fps in this mode
Maybe... It was just my guess from reported vrr range by ps5 in fidelity mode (48-120hz), but I know that tv is capable 40-120hz. It would be nice to get more info from df.
vrr.png

Maybe... It was just my guess from reported vrr range by ps5 in fidelity mode (48-120hz), but I know that tv is capable 40-120hz. It would be nice to get more info from df.
View attachment 6442
to be honest not sure now John is right here as what I see from ElAnaista video 30fps fidelity mode of Spiderman and Ratchet now uncapped with vrr runs around 50fps wich is insane how much room there was

Back