Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

he is wrong that there is no free update as I got free one owning ps4 version, imprassive loading times ps5 2.2s vs 67s on ps4

- PS4 runs at a resolution of 1600x900p. PS5 at 1620p.
- There is a considerable improvement in loading times with times less than 3 seconds on PS5 and more than one minute on PS4.
- Some textures have been improved or added parallax occlussion on PS5.
- Some elements did not cast shadows on PS4, on PS5 shadows have been added for these elements.
- Post-processing effects have been improved (motion blur, bloom ...)
- Some elements (rocks on the ground or vegetation) have been decreased in the PS5 version. I am not clear if it is an artistic decision or by optimization.
- Reflections have improved their resolution on PS5.
- Both versions run at 60fps, more stable on PS5.

Oh i'm well aware it's botched. I'm not pointing at performance differentials, I'm pointing at the fact that they don't even have a Series S in the office, this is THQ nordic!
I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about this:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...problems-non-native-vers.428810/post-65370356

As for the first tweet; technically speaking Sony wouldn't allow this according to July 13th rules. It should be at minimal running the boost clock and whatever settings they can upgrade with it. It should not be running a straight 4Pro setup.

Last edited:
As for the first tweet; technically speaking Sony wouldn't allow this according to July 13th rules. It should be at minimal running the boost clock and whatever settings they can upgrade with it. It should not be running a straight 4Pro setup.
its your interpretation, true is there is probably no option to run ps4pro bc game on ps5 with higher resolution than on pro if its no dynamic res

its your interpretation, true is there is probably no option to run ps4pro bc game on ps5 with higher resolution than on pro if its no dynamic res
PS4 Pro is 1080p60 for this title.
I mean technically I guess as long as it’s running PS5 native BC it should pass Sony’s rule here. You are right that they don’t require it to be above PS4 Pro settings, only that it runs with boost clocks.

PS4 Pro is 1080p60 for this title.
I mean technically I guess as long as it’s running PS5 native BC it should pass Sony’s rule here. You are right that they don’t require it to be above PS4 Pro settings, only that it runs with boost clocks.
to be honest I can't even found artice saying it must be boost clocks, found df article stated after July13 game must be tested to proparly run on ps5, thats it

to be honest I can't even found artice saying it must be boost clocks, found df article stated after July13 game must be tested to proparly run on ps5, thats it
All games (PS4 and PS4 Pro) running on PS5 run at boosted frequencies. Games that are not tested on PS5 hardware run at the legacy modes of PS4 and PS4 Pro, otherwise any game (old) can test against PS5 and then release as running full boost clocks on the system. All games new _must_ test against PS5 after July 13th. Any older game launched prior to July 13th but patched after July 13, must _test_ against PS5.

You are right that the game is not required however to take advantage of the boost clocks, but Sony wants it running on native mode as opposed to the legacy modes.

I'm pointing at the fact that they don't even have a Series S in the office, this is THQ nordic!

Fairly certain that how they develop on Xbox eccosystem is to use a singular DevKit that can run multiple profiles to cut down on hardware required.

Fairly certain that how they develop on Xbox eccosystem is to use a singular DevKit that can run multiple profiles to cut down on hardware required.
Yea.... =P
still I would expect them to have that device in the studio.

Actually, despite the claim be the THQ Twitter handle, there is a 60fps mode on the Series S. Video of it:
curious to see how well this holds 60. Finally regaining some reputation back as the little engine that could.

In TLOU2 running on PS5 NXGamer found a few elements optimized for 30fps as he discovered some hair physics glitches or delays when pressing some buttons (so it's either 30fps hard coding or race conditions).

Like in God of War there is a very impressive reduction in input latency at 60fps. From ~170ms to ~77ms. The game was already quite responsive at 30fps but it must be a dream now with that and those incredible animations.

Oh i'm well aware it's botched. I'm not pointing at performance differentials, I'm pointing at the fact that they don't even have a Series S in the office, this is THQ nordic!
I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about this:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bi...problems-non-native-vers.428810/post-65370356

No need if the XSX is perfectly able to emulate the XSS and serve as an XSS dev kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back