Crysis full game

Last time I tried D3DOverrider it didn't work right with Crysis in DX10 64bit. Though I updated my D3DOverrider so I should try it again.

Strange as I have only a couple of fps lost going from DX9 very high to DX10 very high (ATI Cat 9.12 4890 1GB). However triple buffering isn't activated in DX10 which might be your problem locking your framerate to 85/~43/~21fps. What you do is that when you launch Crysis games and you are at the menu press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the Windows menu and then press ABORT to get back to game. Now triple buffering will be active. Has to be done every time you launch a Crysis game but takes only 2-3sec.

Also for me atleast when running Crysis and loading first time map I get about ~60sec low framerate becouse CE2 is caching/compiling shaders. After it has cached them the framerate goes up dramatically.

Hmmm... but I don't use vsync. Wouldn't vsync make me lose FPS anyhow? Isn't triple buffering something directly related to vsync?

Yes right after a map loads, it takes awhile for it to be completely smooth. After that there is no random hitching.

aw this 'Real-Lifesis' mod and it sure looks utterly good.
Hmm, a bit underwhelming for me.
Got me looking for this sort of stuff though.
I've found CCC, which seems much better than this 'real-lifesis'.

Updated my TOD + custom config mod "YSFX" to v4.00 and added alternative DOF version. Preview images are now available for all levels.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=641218#post641218

Here are some showcase screenshots with config high+ and TODs with different DOF values. Perfomance visible (actually quite some fps higher without background programs running, VM/Youtube HD music video ^^ ). E8400 3.0GHz @3.6Ghz single 4890 1GB. Also Rygels texture pack present. This is for lower end PCs while with systems like use the higher configs are good.

EDIT: Merged high+ showcase to mod thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, a bit underwhelming for me.
Got me looking for this sort of stuff though.
I've found CCC, which seems much better than this 'real-lifesis'.

Looks interesting but wouldn't install on W7-64 for me...

cp2009: Vsync is key for no tearing so you have to choose between fps and tearing...I don't think you lose fps appreciably unless you're over your screen refresh rate.

My mind is melting. Explosion @ 2:50 is mind blowing :) I reccomend watching it on YT in 720p

To bad bullet impact on concrete is waaay overdone.

My mind is melting. Explosion @ 2:50 is mind blowing :) I reccomend watching it on YT in 720p

Only bullet impact on concrete? All of that is way overdone, but I guess it ain't called extreme for nothing.

Looks silly, IMHO. Like a movie with really bad special effects.

I think it's amazing that the engine is as flexible as it is, and that it was released to market ~3.25 years ago. ;) Poorly coded my ass.

I was playing Crysis with real lifesis mod for the first time today & all I have to say is
Yuck ! this is one ugly looking mod. :|
or maybe its just the general art direction & colorgrading for the jungle maps in Crysis even the stock settings didn't impressed me as much. I dont know what's causing this but I just prefer Warhead's visuals a 1000 times more !

Also I thought both games performed equally,now I realize my memory was not exactly serving me right since I was wrong...the FPS constantly drops to low 20s every now & then [got below 20 in the first village fire fight] no such experience with Warhead..it was butter smooth.

Warhead has reduced LOD distance for some things.

But also increased for others and in the end actually more than Crysis as for rendering detail. However one perfomance increase part during firefights are due to better system handling AI, engine optimisations and also lack of muzzleflash dynamic light with or without shadows. In crysis muzzleflashes generated dynamic lighting and for player it also cast shadows or if tweaked for all. Also under WinXP on my older system and before latest patches I had some HDD access as soon I entered combat with sound affecting perfomance like if some kind of borked sound caching problem. Never had any problem like that with Vista x64/Crysis 1.21.

He went for a Hollywood style particle mod but it sure gives amazing effects. Goes to show the particle system in Crysis and he just redesigned effects, the rest is there in vanilla game.

Here is another particle mod that is more ~'realistic oriented' but sports changed effects and extended collision detection and physics settings for most effects. Seeing sparks boucne of everything and soldiers unless friction stops them on the clothes is amazing.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=44018

Sebastian at Crymod has released his Bokeh DOF shader. Really pretty but it got insane sample rate with sampling rate of 141. That is a tremendous amount of samples to process in realtime when games generally range in the 4-16 range with much simpler DOF quality.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=59961&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=3

Testing it below with excessive DOF strength just to highlight bokeh effect. Scene has upwards 2400 particles. Also it might bug out from time to time or depending on scene due to insane sample rate. Full hexagonal pattern version used.

Back