Crysis full game

Hehe!

I just wish I could "shoe horn" TODs into Crysis Wars multiplayer and be able to play online. Just tested to put in my "Island" level TOD in there, no TOD tweaking. XD

Crytek/YSFX "Island" TOD

Hey Nebula,

I thought I would ask you this question since you seem quite well versed with CE2.

When I use "e_occlusion_culling_view_dist = 0.5" in console, it cannot be changed from its default value of 1.

But if I place it in my difficulty file, the game will start with a value of 0.5, giving me about 1 extra fps. However it keeps giving me some message about this command being a cheat, over and over again. What can I do about this? What is the proper way to use this command?

Nice shots btw. For some reason on my PC crysis will never look that "perfect". Maybe because when the game is in action sometimes the distanced shadows do really look too jittery. Too much "noise" at distance due to the amount of details that are in the shadowing itself.

Make sure you got these cvars in your autoexec.cfg file.

con_restricted=0
sv_cheatprotection=0

About those images I play Crysis Wars with 1536x1536 shadowmap resolution. Runs well and shadows looks better especially during fast daytime transition.

Make sure you got these cvars in your autoexec.cfg file.

con_restricted=0
sv_cheatprotection=0

About those images I play Crysis Wars with 1536x1536 shadowmap resolution. Runs well and shadows looks better especially during fast daytime transition.

Still gives me the cheat error. Meh, I'll just live with 1fps less.

Yeah that shadowmaps are interesting trade offs. But of course it comes, at least for me, with a high price. Too bad the 5870s are in shortage otherwise I would have grabbed one months ago.

The XFX 5870 and the Sapphire 5850 are both in-stock at NewEgg at the time that I'm posting this. They're $409 and $309 USD respectively; I was seriously contemplating the 5850 but have decided to continue to hold off...

Here some more of my TOD with new HDR/eye-adaption and SSAO strength value from 'Real-Lifesis' mod package. For testing, maybe a bit strong but then so is the real life lighting on such conditions.

Having lived on Tropical Islands for much of my life, the "dusty looking distance fog" is incredibly unrealistic and distracting. Is that a limitation of the engine? Very rarely is view obstructed that much unless it's raining and it never looks like it does in those shots... The brightness is certainly there depending on time of day and weather conditions though.

Although those shots certainly remind me of certain times of day in Idaho, Los Angeles foothills, and Nevada. :) Well, except for the water and the palm trees. :D

Regards,
SB

Nah it is just fog and DOF setting values. I was thinking about sunrise in Greece! :p

Nah it is just fog and DOF setting values. I was thinking about sunrise in Greece! :p

Someday I want to visit Greece, but I've heard it's REALLY hot there. And now that my body has adjusted to living in a cold locale (yay shorts in winter in the snow, with flip flops :D), it's actually uncomfortable going back to Taiwan to visit relatives.

Regards,
SB

When I was there it was really hot and moisty. Even nights where warm which says a lot. Sunrise was something to behold watching out over the mountains with that mystic moist layer. :)

And the food... ohhhh!

Still gives me the cheat error. Meh, I'll just live with 1fps less.

Yeah that shadowmaps are interesting trade offs. But of course it comes, at least for me, with a high price. Too bad the 5870s are in shortage otherwise I would have grabbed one months ago.

Try to add "-devmode" to your games shortcut without the quotes. about shadowmap res I only use such highres for Crysis Wars as it is more optimised and I achieve high framerates even with 4xAA. For Crysis and Warhead I leave it at default 1024x1024. Though the penalty is about 5fps for 1536x1536 but that is a bit to much of a penalty as I want to be around 25-30fps at worst case scenario.

Well guys I've picked up a 5870 1GB. Crysis is much smoother than before with gtx 285. Running 1920x1200 everything tweaked to maximum under DX9 64bit, my minimum is usually never lower than 25fps and average is around 35-45 fps. Plus I notice how SHARP AF is using this card. With 16X AF the game looks very clean, the tree "noise" when moving about is lessened quite a lot vs with Nvidia (which I believe have some weird AF issues). I'm very pleased. Still I can't do more than 2xAA, under huge explosions with a lot of AI my frames would dip into 15 fps... where as without any AA I can maintain at least 20 fps even in explosions. Are there any tweaks that favor the 5970?

Well guys I've picked up a 5870 1GB. Crysis is much smoother than before with gtx 285. Running 1920x1200 everything tweaked to maximum under DX9 64bit, my minimum is usually never lower than 25fps and average is around 35-45 fps. Plus I notice how SHARP AF is using this card. With 16X AF the game looks very clean, the tree "noise" when moving about is lessened quite a lot vs with Nvidia (which I believe have some weird AF issues). I'm very pleased. Still I can't do more than 2xAA, under huge explosions with a lot of AI my frames would dip into 15 fps... where as without any AA I can maintain at least 20 fps even in explosions. Are there any tweaks that favor the 5970?

Try 1680x1050. If your monitor has a decent scaler it shouldn't look too bad. Performance in Crysis scales very directly with resolution.

What CPU do you have?

No I have the 5870, Single GPU. I don't want to touch any multi-gpu solutions as I will surely notice microstuttering. I'm a very avid FPS gamer, been in the competitive circles, so any dips or stutter I will see it (I use the 24" FW900 CRT so anything below 85fps @ 1920x1200 is obvious).

I've tried lower resolutions. While they don't look too bad, I prefer HQ vs. performance. But you do gain an extra 10fps no matter what going from 1920 to 1680.

I have the i7 920 running at 3.8ghz. For Crysis, I don't think CPU matters much. Wish I could somehow get an even faster single GPU card but they don't exist ATM.

BTW, I also noted that once again DX10 even with the 5870 still give horrible framerates vs. DX9. I get an average of 10+ Fps by going to DX9. DX10 does seem to have a slightly brighter look to it, the blurring looks much better than r_motionblur=5 on DX9, but the tradeoff isn't worth it.

BTW, I also noted that once again DX10 even with the 5870 still give horrible framerates vs. DX9. I get an average of 10+ Fps by going to DX9. DX10 does seem to have a slightly brighter look to it, the blurring looks much better than r_motionblur=5 on DX9, but the tradeoff isn't worth it.

Strange as I have only a couple of fps lost going from DX9 very high to DX10 very high (ATI Cat 9.12 4890 1GB). However triple buffering isn't activated in DX10 which might be your problem locking your framerate to 85/~43/~21fps. What you do is that when you launch Crysis games and you are at the menu press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the Windows menu and then press ABORT to get back to game. Now triple buffering will be active. Has to be done every time you launch a Crysis game but takes only 2-3sec.

Also for me atleast when running Crysis and loading first time map I get about ~60sec low framerate becouse CE2 is caching/compiling shaders. After it has cached them the framerate goes up dramatically.

I have the i7 920 running at 3.8ghz. For Crysis, I don't think CPU matters much.

CPU power does matter in Crysis, but you won't be held back by a 3.8GHz Nehalem.

Strange as I have only a couple of fps lost going from DX9 very high to DX10 very high (ATI Cat 9.12 4890 1GB). However triple buffering isn't activated in DX10 which might be your problem locking your framerate to 85/~43/~21fps. What you do is that when you launch Crysis games and you are at the menu press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the Windows menu and then press ABORT to get back to game. Now triple buffering will be active. Has to be done every time you launch a Crysis game but takes only 2-3sec.

Why not use D3DOverrider?

Back