Crysis full game

I thought they where using CryEngine 1 from Far Cry for AION? :oops:

It is CryEngine 2 :D

This game is on my list of things to get, only a bit later when it gets under £25.00 mark.
I have too many games I haven't finished yet, so it can wait.

Wait, Aion is getting an expansion that adds support for CE2? Because the orginal game used CE1 IIRC.

Well, there's RISEN too, but How I am dying to see a high quality shooter or exploration game with the awesome visuals of Crysis :cool: !
Sadly there's been none !

AION uses the original CryEngine from Far Cry.

I don't know what engine the expansion uses, but my guess is that it is a further enhanced version of the AION/Far Cry engine. Telling from the video it doesn't look like CryEngine 2.

Ubisoft did a pretty good job tweaking CE1 for FC:Instincts Predator by adding the new water system and improving upon CE1's some what weird self-shadowing/shadowing system (I think the original PC iteration of the engine had issues doing large scale shadowing that were fixed for the Xbox versions of the game). And who knows, maybe IT IS CE2. How viable would it be to port models + code into CE2 from CE1? Are not they both Lua compatible?

Saw this 'Real-Lifesis' mod and it sure looks utterly good. Made a comparision shots with my TODs, Lifesis TODs and Crysis vanilla TODs. Though I used base settings from 'Real-Lifesis' config regarding HDR, eye-adaption and SSAO, nothing else (the rest is my ultra config in work). Though Ithe "r_EyeAdaptationFactor=1" was not used, instead default was used of a value of 0.5 . Obviously lighting strength will softer/image darker the higher the value.

Interesting though my TODs looks better with those values and Cryteks default TODs looks much better IMO, especially sunrise ("Island" level).

One thing though that is IMO bad in 'Real-Lifesis' is teh very strong and near depth of field effect. I toned it down greatly for shots.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Real-Lifesis-Crysis-Mod-download-2253.html

Straight up PC Gamers!

Unless I messed up order it is my TODs then 'Real-Lifesis' and last Cryteks TODs.

Here some more of my TOD with new HDR/eye-adaption and SSAO strength value from 'Real-Lifesis' mod package. For testing, maybe a bit strong but then so is the real life lighting on such conditions.

2u639ra.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe!

I just wish I could "shoe horn" TODs into Crysis Wars multiplayer and be able to play online. Just tested to put in my "Island" level TOD in there, no TOD tweaking. XD

Crytek/YSFX "Island" TOD

Back