Crysis coming to the PS3?

Why only PS3 then? Isn't 360 the more capable with a bigger user base? :devilish:

I agree console port would be wise for them (though that has been discussed to death as well.)
But I'm pretty sure a simply gimped Crysis on PS3 will not sell well, certainly not as good as CoD4.
R6Vegas is a great game (much better than CoD4), and great port didn't sell at all, same as Oblivion. Orange Box, an acceptable port sold less than 360 version (normalized) even though the delay was just a couple of months .

I'm sure Lost Planet won't sell anything worth mentioning either. Late ports just don't seem to sell.

Subjective though isnt it?

Rubbish framerate at several points in the game. Plus the 360 version sold badly aswell.

If Crytek can produce a port with an acceptable framerate, then I think many people would be interested. I dont have a PC to run it on high settings and would buy a PS3 version. It'd still probably have better graphics/physics than most games out there on the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's as good as people say, I am more interested in the enemy AI. Hopefully they find time to enhance it further (Fix the degenerated cases). They should be able to tap on Cell better here.

Graphics-wise, as long as it's at least UT3 level, I'm fine with it. If it's Uncharted level, I'll pass out. :)

I'm not taking a shot at anyone here, but I think Crysis' poor PC sales, and the relatively slow uptake of the PS3/360 shows the average gamer nowadays isnt a graphics whore. I'm more bothered about the framerate and online play. The HDD should help with loading times and storing some of the high-res textures.

I wonder when this would come out. They would probably need to get it out before KZ2 and Resistance 2 drop.

First 2/3 of Crysis is possibly the best open game world ever, the last 1/3 is horrible and linear.

I think it's also primarily their technology that has a lot of potential on the Cell processor, and I wouldn't be surprised if they at the very least try to develop a Cell optimised game engine based off of CryEngine's work, and then see how far they can take it by creating a game on it, but perhaps partly with the aim to sell the engine, which is pretty impressive including the tools they have developed for it. If they can do it without too much effort though, they will port Crysis or something based on its assets too to make some more money off of those, as art creation after all is expensive, and some of them should be pretty well scaleable to the PS3, considering that they've already written a system that scales to a range of PC performance levels.

er, i disagree. lair is 1080p for its crazy amount of details and not even using 50% of CELL. it only shows if programmed right, ps3 can do alot more things than u can imagine.

Lair isn't 1080p, it's more like 960*1080, it's slow occasionally, and it's as ugly as it can be. I wouldn't use it as the exemplary PS3 game.

Lair = off topic.

Lair is not only off-topic, but we've had the whole lair discussion over and over again. Don't bring it up in here.

I take that as a joke response to my post?

If not then you are out of touch with reality (no pun). I mean when you start raving and calling a game, GOTY, best ever, incredible gameplay, etc etc bassed on 60 player online and 8 co-op number alone...then that sure is overhype. ;)

Not at all. Many of us have played R1 and it was unexceptionally fun! And the visuals were very very good as well.

We know that the reviews were unbelievably and very unfairly low for such a fun game.

Knowing how awesome the first was, it can not be avoided but feel extremely excited about the second, which on top of what we thought was great in 1, it also gets a ton of extra multiplayer features!!

I am enjoying co-op on Resistance 1 recently a LOT!!! I ve never enjoyed a FPS so much.

If I had to rate Resistance's gameplay I d easilly give it above many of the other so called "AAA" titles, which names I dont want to name since, some will be offended.

Since 1 got such low reviews unfairly we feel that this one may fall a victim of the first's reviews

Well I see, but then how would Crysis be overhyped then if people would use FC as reference and it's good gameplay (for many it was) knowing they would get better version of all "ingredients"?

Neverthless it sure is good to see that the ingredients are fresh and varied but the final judgement comes when the dinner plate is ready (and it is good to know that the cook is skilled)! :D

I am not sure what to expect with Crysis on ps3! Sure, Crysis looks great on High settings, but medium and low have pop ups galore and somehow just doesn't look polished at all.

I don't want to see a sub standard Crytek game. It will be another thing if they can squeez performance out of the consoles, which I doubt as there is a rumour that Crytek is only overseeing the console port development, not making it itself.:no:

Crytek have their own room with their separated PS3 development because, they said, "The PS3 room is separate because we have some secret technologies being developed there which are not related to CryEngine 2." They are certainly working on PS3 and XB360 directly for the console title they are working on, even if that game (likely) isn't Crysis.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=49264&mode=thread&order=0
Crytek will demonstrate their CryENGINE 2 game development middleware and their Sandbox 2 game editor at this year's Game Developer Conference, for the first time running on multiple hardware platforms such as the PS3 and Xbox 360.
First publicly shown at last year's conference, and recently released as the technology underlying their critically acclaimed PC game, Crysis, this year's engine will be shown for the first time running on multiple hardware platforms such as the PS3 and Xbox 360, to a select audience.

Wise decision. Their engine and accompanying editors are very impressive, and if they can scale them to consoles, then that's very promising and a good potential source of revenue.

I want to see what they use in place of the memory hungry voxels. Oh, and how downgraded it looks :D

Back