Crysis coming to the PS3?

An 8800GTS 640MB can just barely manage playable framerates at 720p with no AA at all high.
I get playable framerates on a 8800GTS 512MB at 1050p.

But on the whole, I agree.. I honestly don't even know why this thread is still open, there's zero chance of Crysis coming to anything but PC. Ever. Thread=over.

But driver and direct X are not hurting GPU performance on the PC, its increasing it. Windows does little to affect GPU power avaliable
already using detonator 175.19 and what about older versions in this case?Saw enough situations when the new driver after installation reduced game performance or quality Now tell me why same game on Vista will require more powerful hardware instead of XP?if developers(talented as Naughty dog and Insomniac) сould work with PC hardware without drivers ,windows etc like they do on consoles overall performance will be increased on the same PC hardware
And modern games still require CPU and CPU always run Windows
PS IMO better would work in the allocated environment like DOS mode in win98 (game mode) or specialized OS ONLY for games

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not too suprising, the 512MB is quite a bit more powerful than the 640MB (ironically).
I know, that's why I bought it. :) I just brought it up because the post was using an older, less-powerful card, and I wanted to point out that the 8800GTS as a whole is not the weak link.

Back