Crysis coming to the PS3?

Every fps i played from resistance to COD4 was a better experience to me.

The AI was the dumbest i ever seen ,the physics killed me more often than the AI...
I played at work on the biggest thing you can get from dell+16/10 wide.Pretty confortable conditions.

Then you have a totally different opinion to the majority of people who have played the game as well the majority of reviewers who have reviewed the game.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but try not to ram it down our throats as if it were fact when your clearly in the minority.

That's great however I couldn't seem to find any actual unit sales figures for the region?

No surprise. In Germany there is no organization that does an overall count of sold games. Therefore we don’t have a single chart. There are multiple once and in some of them Crysis never reached first place.

Be nice people ,it's my experience , believe it or not.

I've been killed by simple crates a lot of times ,and enemies were just plain dumb most of the time ,some ,i allmost had to tap on their shoulder with my gun (- hey i'm here -) because he was seeking me in the direction of the bullets i was shooting in his back)

Btw i should add that the voice acting was probably the worse thing in the game.(played in french )
Everything was spoiled very early concerning enemy behavior ,that i very rarely had to worry about them.(rather had fun toying).

I may add that the nanosuit was so much an advantage ,it finished to kill any chalenge ( i allways play at least one or 2 level harder above defaut setting).

The game (for my opinion) became completly linear and boring once entering the alien world (really not interesting at all).I nearly forced (well ,not that much :) ) my self to finish it just to fully enjoy the visual ride .

I went thru such a lot of stupid things in the game ,that i cannot take it serioulsy al all.That's my truth.
So ,pardon the heresy ,
but in my experience ,Crysis is a Superealistic Joke.(had some fun , but not the way it was meant)

I enjoyed a lot farcry and was a follower of crytek stuff since the first screens appeared ,but ( to me),Crysis is completly and definitely overated.

As a side note , i'm not the only one with this feeling, most of my colleagues and friends share this to some extend,so you certainly won't acheive to make me feel out of this world :)

(i played most fps since doom)

Farcry and Crysis have the same issue, there last 1/3 is horrible. Crysis' last 1/3 is actually better than Farcry's though IMO.

As a side note , i'm not the only one with this feeling, most of my colleagues and friends share this to some extend,so you certainly won't acheive to make me feel out of this world :)

(i played most fps since doom)

Then you and all your friends are by some strange co-incidence, are all in the minority.

Like I said, your entitled to your opinon but Crysis was critically acclaimed and most gamers on the net that have played it rate it highly.

You don't get an average rating of 90.8% at Gamerankings without being a great game. For the record, thats the same rating as Mass Effect.

Farcry and Crysis have the same issue, there last 1/3 is horrible. Crysis' last 1/3 is actually better than Farcry's though IMO.

I actually really enjoyed the "Mutant" part of FC. For me it gave the gave variety, just as I was starting to get bored with fighting humans in jungles, they completely changed the dynamic of the gameplay.

I'm hoping Crysis is the same but given the negative feedback its got for doing the alien thing *again* I doubt they will go that way for their next game which is unfortunate IMO.

I actually really enjoyed the "Mutant" part of FC. For me it gave the gave variety, just as I was starting to get bored with fighting humans in jungles, they completely changed the dynamic of the gameplay.

I'm hoping Crysis is the same but given the negative feedback its got for doing the alien thing *again* I doubt they will go that way for their next game which is unfortunate IMO.

Yeah I found the mutant infected levels to be satisfying. Only the last level was ridicolous, really hard. Not fond of the rocket carying mutants that had unlimited rockets, launching one every 2 seconds. :smile:

I personally thought it was decent on delta and even on hard. Normal difficulty isn't exactly (at all) challenging. It's something to be played rather than seen. Going to youtube where the vast quantity of videos pertaining to AI isn't exactly the most ideal way to formulate a rich informed opinion.

Wow the AI is bad:cry:
Was checking Youtube and it has plenty of funny vids showing how bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRvYqTKqFY

Hope they fix it for PS3.

Lol, a couple of moments where the AI bugs out doesn't account for the whole AI behavior throughout the game. I'm shure I could find AI bugs and make videos of it from about any game out there on any platform. Of course that wouldn't represent the AI as a whole for game X.
But I would take the worst point and use it for trying to state a false fact. Much like saying that in bench the lowest fps is what only counts when the average is 10 times higher! ;)

To call the AI in Crysis or Far Cry for bad is to say that lots if not most games have lousy AI. On PC there are though other games with really good AI. And yeah I have played Uncharted for a bit and yes I have seen AI bugs and yes Crysis and even Far Cry has definately better AI :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow the AI is bad:cry:
Was checking Youtube and it has plenty of funny vids showing how bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRvYqTKqFY

Hope they fix it for PS3.

You can't fix what isn't broken. The AI in Crysis is possibly the most advanced AI in any game. Thats because it has to interact with a completely open, sandbox style world that contains more physics, detail, and interactivity than any game available.

Sure they do some stupiud things sometimes, thats unavoidable given the complexity of the game. Just compare what the characters in Crysis do to other sandbox games, Oblivion for example. Its level of sophistication is so far ahead that its not even funny.

Using youtube compilations which have been hand picked to make the AI look stupid won't tell you a thing. Such compilations can be made of anything to make it look bad, regardless of how good it actually is.

You can't fix what isn't broken. The AI in Crysis is possibly the most advanced AI in any game. Thats because it has to interact with a completely open, sandbox style world that contains more physics, detail, and interactivity than any game available.

Sure they do some stupiud things sometimes, thats unavoidable given the complexity of the game. Just compare what the characters in Crysis do to other sandbox games, Oblivion for example. Its level of sophistication is so far ahead that its not even funny.

Using youtube compilations which have been hand picked to make the AI look stupid won't tell you a thing. Such compilations can be made of anything to make it look bad, regardless of how good it actually is.

The AI in crysis is just just as over hyped as it graphics, yea sure its good but i would'nt go as far as saying its possibly the best!

So is it coming to the PS3 or not? I still dont get it.

Anyways I am not hearing the best things in general about the gameplay. But I doubt it will even run half as good as it runs on the PC

edit: btw what the hell is wrong with the AI in that youtube video???? Jesus!

Anyways I am not hearing the best things in general about the gameplay. But I doubt it will even run half as good as it runs on the PC

Yea, 7fps on consoles instead of 15 on PC :LOL:

The AI in crysis is just just as over hyped as it graphics, yea sure its good but i would'nt go as far as saying its possibly the best!

Nah neither one is overhyped, a bit hyped yes. If you whant to see what the meaning of over hyped is then just take a look at GAF Resistance 2 thread, now that is an excellent example! ;)

Just take a look at high settings for Crysis with small almost perfomance free tweaks, my ss! :cool:

And believe me it runs above 30fps mostly except massive battles with destruction. And did you know average framerate is not the same as minimum framerate (hint:15fps ;)), but im shure you knew that since the time in school... lol

EDIT: BTW what game would you say has the best AI or is a contender for it? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyways I am not hearing the best things in general about the gameplay. But I doubt it will even run half as good as it runs on the PC.

The devs words so far is no, due to the need to modify and tweak the game to suitthe consoles perfoamnce and RAM. That would mean changing design to (interview quote above).

Anyways I am not hearing the best things in general about the gameplay

nah on neutral forums the word is that the gameplay is good, very good. Obviously it is a mather of taste to. Some prefer "braindead" shooting games and dislike major thinking (hey that is alright, means more realxing). Some like tactics in games and dont like "braindead" games, or they like both!

edit: btw what the hell is wrong with the AI in that youtube video???? Jesus!

AI on the boats and on some gunmounts are strange and buggy. The rest is good with ocasional strange behavior. And i wouldn't rule out modifications to the AI to make it look worse than it is by some.... ummm "haters"! ;)

That is likely a false figure given that the US November sales of Crysis was pegged at ~86K. Do you have a link to that podcast?

I am pretty sure it was the 1UP Yours podcast.

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3149993

Anyway I googled it (Crysis 80000) and got a lot of forum hits talking about that piracy, 80000 and Crysis. Did only find a "proper" link at http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/12/17/crysis_ut3_sales_disappoint_developers/1

80000 is probably a simplification of the 86K number.

Edit: Recall something like this being mention where there were only 80000 people registered (now 90000) http://test.crystats.com/crysis_leaderboard

Anyway I googled it (Crysis 80000) and got a lot of forum hits talking about that piracy, 80000 and Crysis.

Well getting a lot of hits on google about forums talking about pirated copies doesn't equal to there being a large amount of pirated copies installed on PC's.

80000 is probably a simplification of the 86K number.

But then it is the US sales numbers and not world wide sales, huge difference! ;)

Back