Crysis 3

It does look pretty nice on 360 but I see some very obvious differences in texture resolution, lighting, geometric complexity, object density, and shadows. Some effects are missing like god rays. The game consumes around 1.5GB video memory on PC with "Very High" textures.

Still it is very impressive what they've pulled off on the 360.

I wish Halo 3 and 4 were on PC. But we know why they're not. MS and their internal political games and conflicting goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fXQWrd4lMlg#!

The 360 version of crysis single player doesn't look that different from the pc version. So it wouldn't surprise me if halo 4 looked better.

They look vastly different to me and that's assuming Halo 4 on the 360 looks better than Crysis 3 on the 360 in the first place.

Since this is the PC crysis 3 thread, I say we just drop the dumb graphics comparisons to consoles games. No console game is going to be coming close to what this game is achieving technically. If you prefer another games art style or are simply blinded but bias then that's not something that can be objectively argued so lets not waste our time trying.

i looked at DF crysis 3 comparision http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-3-face-off

Crysis 3 really did not looks good for me. It looks muddy too. Feels like when i see the world without using glasses.
actually, it feels like i use wrong prescription glasses with green or blue tint.

i dont think crysis 1 looks like that. Its sharp, colorful, and the tint only appear in certain level (blue tint on ice level/alien tunnel)

But yes, it looks high-tech and heavy (the motion blurs, the DoF, the lights, the shadows, the anti aliasing, etc)

i think i just dont like crysis 3 art direction, thats why a few post above i say i feel that Halo looks better for me.
EDIT: i think im sure that it is the art direction. compared with Far cry 3 PC, FC3 looks better for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lookie the game has some sort of tessellation bug on Cayman cards. Very High object detail is fubar.

More info
http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=59316

This is what my 6950 does (13.2 beta 6 & 7).
crysis32013022417475958.png

asdasdasd.jpg

By the way has anyone noticed that the game seems to run just as well outdoors as indoors? I should say - it doesn't seem to run better indoors.

ouch my eyes.

about performance, maybe the indoor area have more light and shadows?

on my PC with BF3 (yes its different game), indoor have lower frame rate than outdoor.

Yeah I suppose indoors may actually be more complex.

Something I've always found strange about Crysis 2 and now 3 is how some things appear animated at a lower framerate but also have a blurred look. I find myself stopping to observe this weird surreal phenomenon sometimes......

By the way has anyone noticed that the game seems to run just as well outdoors as indoors? I should say - it doesn't seem to run better indoors.

No, it is exactly the opposite.
Indoor I can choose more demanding settings and it runs just fine, when I go outside and framerate goes to trash...

Overall it is a system killer. I am on a 4.3 GHz 2500k, 900/1400 unlocked Cayman, and at 1080p High Quality presets sometimes it is under 30fps.

It also seems buggy, notably that tessellation bug and a strange black square I see flash in the center of the screen sometimes.

Ive played the first 2 levels at a friends house and it does seem very corridoory (if thats a word)

@swayee what tess setting is that at, have you tried other settings ?

I'd say the game plays like Crysis 2. It's not nearly as open as the first half of Crysis, but there are still some large areas.

I've been realizing that the series has a Deus Ex / Jedi Knight / Half Life vibe. I mean you can Force Jump, Force Push (essentially), Force See, etc. From Deus Ex you have augs, stealth, hacking, various approaches, etc. Obviously it's futuristic. Evil corporation + dystopia + aliens? Check. The AI is pretty good (it reminds me of FEAR). It plays a lot more open than those games.

I'm glad mute Alcatraz is gone.

I'd say the game plays like Crysis 2. It's not nearly as open as the first half of Crysis, but there are still some large areas.

I've been realizing that the series has a Deus Ex / Jedi Knight / Half Life vibe. I mean you can Force Jump, Force Push (essentially), Force See, etc. From Deus Ex you have augs, stealth, hacking, various approaches, etc. Obviously it's futuristic. Evil corporation + dystopia + aliens? Check. The AI is pretty good (it reminds me of FEAR). It plays a lot more open than those games.

I'm glad mute Alcatraz is gone.

I agree. Oh, and don't forget the bow being your special light saber weapon :)

In total, for me personally, the best Crysis with respect to gameplay and level design.

Overall it is a system killer. I am on a 4.3 GHz 2500k, 900/1400 unlocked Cayman, and at 1080p High Quality presets sometimes it is under 30fps

That's because your system components are rather weak.
Try with a 5 GHz Core i7 3930K and 2x overclocked 7970s crossfired. :D

That's because your system components are rather weak.
Try with a 5 GHz Core i7 3930K and 2x overclocked 7970s crossfired. :D

lol
Well I see some 6990 and 69x0 SLI people around. They get the weird tessellation bugs like me. I wonder who's fault that and the black squares thing is.....

Back