Critter Crunch

O-kay... I don't feel so stupid after your comments. ^_^

My wife and kid will probably get addicted to this game. I watched them play Bejewelled all day long a few months ago. Not going to let them know I bought this game.

I just got schooled by deepbrown. :(

And then he was messaging me giving me advice! Grrrr.

I think I need to finish the adventure segment before venturing online again.

Strangely in competitive I had no issues with any lag. Co-op and it was practically unplayable. I wonder why?

I think deepbrown is making his rounds on B3D making us all his bitch in CC, lol.

I played with him the other day, and only won 2 matches maybe? What always seems to stump me is how things SEEM to be even, and then out of nowhere a mass of critters just begins to pour down on me.

Is there something I'm missing strategy wise? Like, is it smart to stock pile your special objects for later and use them at once, or what?

Ha ha, I'll have to wait for my deepbrown time then.

I must say he's very helpful and patient in LBP.

I've unlocked Challenge mode now (level 9 trophy is pretty easy, got it first try), but that adventure mode level 40 is a bit of a b&(*, haven't beat it yet and I think I've been at it for 45 minutes. :mad: There's definitely a fair bit of lucked involved also.

Also did some random online games, and definitely getting better at versus now. ;)

@tha_con: yeah, in almost all of these types of games the trick is to string together attack after attack. In terms of versus play this game is no different from many others.

I've unlocked Challenge mode now (level 9 trophy is pretty easy, got it first try), but that adventure mode level 40 is a bit of a b&(*, haven't beat it yet and I think I've been at it for 45 minutes. :mad: There's definitely a fair bit of lucked involved also.

Also did some random online games, and definitely getting better at versus now. ;)

@tha_con: yeah, in almost all of these types of games the trick is to string together attack after attack. In terms of versus play this game is no different from many others.

Well, it's a little different, but I think that might be because I'm still thinking "Puzzle Fighter", since I've played it so much in the past, everything tends to confuse me if it's not identical, lol.

I think deepbrown is making his rounds on B3D making us all his bitch in CC, lol.

I played with him the other day, and only won 2 matches maybe? What always seems to stump me is how things SEEM to be even, and then out of nowhere a mass of critters just begins to pour down on me.

Is there something I'm missing strategy wise? Like, is it smart to stock pile your special objects for later and use them at once, or what?

I like to string you guys along and then use all my special items in one go :LOL:

I played against the player ranked number 2 in the world...and....I beat him!

Then he beat me...and I stopped :p

One thing I saw him do a lot was bumping to add more rows, to then get rid of them all - eg. with an extincter critter. Good idea for more chains.

Also - although I had to work to get them - I have an unfair advantage with all the special items now. :/

One thing I saw him do a lot was bumping to add more rows, to then get rid of them all - eg. with an extincter critter. Good idea for more chains.

The game tells you this as a hint. When I tried it using the d-pad down, it didn't seem to work so I stopped using it. Definitely have to get that back in there, because I think it could be the key to beating someone fast.

Also - although I had to work to get them - I have an unfair advantage with all the special items now. :/

Yeah, I noticed that - I only have about half of them and it does seem to be a handicap. Still, I haven't played a match against someone who had everything unlocked where I didn't feel I could have beaten him regardless.

The game tells you this as a hint. When I tried it using the d-pad down, it didn't seem to work so I stopped using it. Definitely have to get that back in there, because I think it could be the key to beating someone fast.

Yeah, I noticed that - I only have about half of them and it does seem to be a handicap. Still, I haven't played a match against someone who had everything unlocked where I didn't feel I could have beaten him regardless.

Well I had to beat people with them to get them...so yeah it's fine. None of them are too annoying.

Just having the watermelon seeds and the onion really make it difficult for me to compete, unfortunately.

I wish they'd link co-op and competitive exp together so I could still level up :( The lag in co-op is pretty nasty though, as me and deepbrown experienced. When we played competitive, it was gone.

After that I tried a few games with other people and it was the same thing.

Just having the watermelon seeds and the onion really make it difficult for me to compete, unfortunately.

I wish they'd link co-op and competitive exp together so I could still level up :( The lag in co-op is pretty nasty though, as me and deepbrown experienced. When we played competitive, it was gone.

After that I tried a few games with other people and it was the same thing.

You have more than that - you have that weird lsd trip thing too. It's plenty for you to level up - you should still win...use the extincter's well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, I thought that LCD thing was just a random drop, didn't really think about that. The freaking lightning bold and the ninja both irritate me to hell though, lol.

Man...does anyone here have Puzzle Fighter? Now I'm totally in the mood for some gem breaking action...

No don't have it ... I did try the demo which I played with my wife a few times, but never bought the full version. Did it even support online?

Finished the adventure (the ending is indeed crazy) and have been working on getting the World Greatest Dad trophy - hard work, I must say, but it's one trophy that I'd really like to have. Looks like deep already has all trophies for this thing, which must account in part for his skillz. ;)

Had another (short, had to go to bed) online versus session with deep again tonight, was great fun - fights are getting pretty close now, also judging by the stats at the end of the game, but deep still rules. :)

Fun game.

No don't have it ... I did try the demo which I played with my wife a few times, but never bought the full version. Did it even support online?

Finished the adventure (the ending is indeed crazy) and have been working on getting the World Greatest Dad trophy - hard work, I must say, but it's one trophy that I'd really like to have. Looks like deep already has all trophies for this thing, which must account in part for his skillz. ;)

Had another (short, had to go to bed) online versus session with deep again tonight, was great fun - fights are getting pretty close now, also judging by the stats at the end of the game, but deep still rules. :)

Fun game.

You go so fast lol. I kinda take it slow and line it all up...unless it gets close, so I speed it up.

You go so fast lol. I kinda take it slow and line it all up...unless it gets close, so I speed it up.

Yeah, one of the few times that I beat you I was spending most of my time looking at you and really slowly lining things up, then when you were almost done lining up your stuff I got off a huge combo (was even bigger than I thought it would be to be honest). As you pointed out yourself, you had a tonne more points despite losing - quite funny that that is possible.

I think another problem I may have is that I tend to just get rid of things in 2's and 3's, instead of stacking up large chains.

For me, stacking up large chain usually means stacking up epic fail. Amazing that you guys can clear Adventure Mode so quickly.

EDIT: What are your ranking in Adventure Mode ? I have 4 more stages to go. Currently at 6000+

For me, stacking up large chain usually means stacking up epic fail. Amazing that you guys can clear Adventure Mode so quickly.

EDIT: What are your ranking in Adventure Mode ? I have 4 more stages to go. Currently at 6000+

You can actually see our rankings in the online leaderboards. ;)

I finally got the coveted (by me at least) best dad in the world trophy yesterday night. :D Incidentally, there is one level that seems bugged - you can feed your son there but the icon stays gray. Anyone else have that problem? It meant I had to feed my son on one of the tougher end levels instead.

I also managed to miss that you can actually see which critter will drop your bonus item! That's rather helpful in a lot of cases, and I can't believe I only discovered it now.

Back