Cricket World Cup 2007

excellant WC so far, pakistan out, ireland-zimbawe tie, flintoff getting sacked, woolmer dying, recent exmember of the BD team getting killed in a crash a couple of days ago ( ok some arent so good, but its drama )

+ looking at the latest score (certainly winable for canada though england do hold the upper hand)
England 279-6 (50 overs) v Canada 160-4 (34 overs)

india losing to BD was no surprise, i had picked BD as being the dark horse + possible to make semis
before the tornament begun my picks for the semis were
BD,oz,WI,nz (no SA or SL)

Woolmer was murdered

Pakistan's cricket coach Bob Woolmer was murdered in his hotel room on Sunday after the team's World Cup loss to Ireland, Jamaican police say.

A post-mortem examination established that the former England player had died as a result of "manual strangulation", police Commissioner Lucius Thomas said.

"In these circumstances, the matter of Mr Woolmer's death is now being treated as murder," he added.

Police have appealed for any witnesses to come forward.

The statement was read by a police spokesman at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel - where Mr Woolmer, 58, was found unconscious by staff on Sunday morning.

Read More: BBC News

wow, ild say best bet would be inzaman 3:1
i know the columbian goalkeeper was shot a few years ago, this tops that

can you imagine the meeting when they were inventing the rules for cricket

"so how long should a match last then"
"how about 1 hour nice round figure"
"no needs to be a bit longer"
"90 minutes same as a football match"
"no"
"i know, how about 5 days"
"excellent idea"

Basseterre, St Kitts - Just hours after the announcement that Bob Woolmer had been murdered, a Pakistani man was reportedly arrested in connection with his death.

In a newsflash on Friday morning, Sky News said Pakistani TV had reported the arrest.

According to the report on Pakistani TV, police had traced calls from the man's phone to several Pakistan players.

Read More: IOL

Cant believe you are counting out SA and SL Zed.

SA are currently world ranked no1. Their batsmen are on fire, just a question on their bowlers and wether they can restrict others from scoring.

SL are currently my pick to win it. The pitches and grounds suit them to a tee. Small fields and slower pitches. Perfect for their aggressive batsment and Murali and Malinga and co to rip it up.

NZ my country winning would be nice, but are bowling stocks are looking a bit thin with injuries.

Fastest WC century by Hayden. Aus 377/6 against SA, they ripped apart SA bowling attack, never saw Pollock beaten black n blue so much. :oops:

If Gibbs, Smith and others can stick around then we might have an interesting match on our hands.

yep, sa-oz is looking interesting, itll be devestating to oz if they loose this, i think theyll then have the 4or5 highest run chases scored against them ( in just over a year ), which will mentally screw them.
Murali is a great bowler in test cricket but tends to be too expensive for oneday games.
nz is looking ok (except the top order batsmen) their bowling aint to bad compared to other teams.
nice to see ireland in the top8 but i would of preferred india. X vs india is a bit more exciting than X vs ireland

Murali too expensive for one day games? Well maybe, but hes carving up at this world cup. He slaughtered the Indians. His economy rate has been great. Ive never ever heard of him having a bad economy rate.

Gah, NZ top order batsmen, it is pretty normal for our openers to be total crap. Vincent just got a century but against weak opposition.
Dont know how you think our bowling is good. We have Vettori and Bond who are world class, Patel looks a bright future prospect and thats it. Franklin is so so, Tuffey(whos gone home) is complete crap, Gillespie has been doing better lately but his arm is injured, Mason is so so, and then we just have some mediocre bowling from Oram, Styris and maybe McMillian chipping in.
NZ has the worst economy rate out of the top 8 nations for bowling at the death.

Fastest WC century by Hayden. Aus 377/6 against SA, they ripped apart SA bowling attack, never saw Pollock beaten black n blue so much. :oops:
It's so annoying that the cricket isn't being shown on terrestrial TV in the UK :-|

Man, what a procession it turned into. It appears that the Aussies have every team in the world beaten before the game even starts. McGrath was taking silly wickets off dolly balls for most of the tournament. Ho-hum.

it turned from a brilliant WC until perhaps the worst i can remember.
the super8 round was a good idea but they should of played 2 games a day during it, instead of trying to milk as much money as possible by doing 1 a day. (would of shortened the tournament about 2 weeks)
same with the final, if its not gonna be 50 overs each the game should be delayed until a decent weather day, i mean its only once every 4 years.
similar like last year with the super14 rugby final, they played the game is mist so thick u couldnt see what was happening on tv or in the stands. just heard grunts etc , ok ppl brought tickets for that night flew down whatever, sure a few are gonna be pissed off but more so by the joke that it turned out to be.
display.aspx

Back