Crackdown 3 [XO, XPA]

From everything I've seen, I'm pretty sure this will be at gamescom. The shirts, the orb on the dash, the chatter about it...too much pointing to it being a title.

I think it is heavily dependent on the quality of the demo. I've skipped buying a lot of games after playing the demo, but Crackdown was the opposite.

If you're going to get it, get it now, it's a time sink.

Cheers

There are only two demos which convinced me to buy games; Crackdown and Prey. Crackdown ended up being a Gamefly rental and Prey enticed me due to the story, I wanted to see what was going to happen to Tommy and his GF. I loved Crackdown and will buy a copy one of these days; the second (I own) is ok but not as good - I decided go buy it bc I had already beat the first one and enjoyed it.

I hope crackdown is more like part one than part 2 in all honesty . The first one was a lot of fun and in the early days of the system it allonw with oblivion kept the 360 on for a long time.

I think the fully destructible is for MP only. It would totally wreck the SP mode if you destroyed areas that are crucial to the story prematurely.

I'm wondering if by hosting the game on a server and then displaying it out to the X1s connected is how they are achieving this. My tech cred (pretty much none) is limited, so I could be completely off base.

Is there going to be a PC version? Plz say yes, I don't want to have to buy an Xbone one day. I already have to buy a PS4 for KH3...

Crackdown 3 may be the experience to define this generation. That destruction looked ungodly and makes me sad of what we may have lost or delayed due to the backlash of an always connected non mobile system.

I wonder how the destruction actually plays? Maybe that was a demo showing everything very fragile to really highlight the destruction, but the rate at which buildings and cover are destroyed means the level would be flattened to rubble in no time.

for relatively short mp sessions you'd want the buildings to collapse pretty fast so it's chaotic and fun.

looked pretty cool, i'd love this kind of things in say gta 5 MP too !

I wonder how the destruction actually plays? Maybe that was a demo showing everything very fragile to really highlight the destruction, but the rate at which buildings and cover are destroyed means the level would be flattened to rubble in no time.
Yeah... I wonder if it might be small-scale destruction done on console (walls, balconies etc.), and then for the full building collapse and other consequences, it's done via cloud - whatever triggers the building to fall down.

Yeah, they have to tone down what and how much can be destroyed (or make some stupid respawn system) or the whole place will be nothing but rubble. Actually even rubble would get destroyed and only tiny particles of debris would be left. I still don't know how game plays when you're offline or have bad or unstable internet connection.. or if servers are down or ddossed. Also the number 20 times x xbox seems weird. Why 20 times, why not whatever is available at the time?

Also the number 20 times x xbox seems weird. Why 20 times, why not whatever is available at the time?

First, it might just be PR talk so the usual "say a big number to impress the public but not too big or nobody is going to take you seriously".
Second streaming limitless amount of data data via a very limited internet connection is never going to work so it makes sense to set a limit per player both for the sake of profit and playability.
Third to me the destruction looks very simplistic, the buildings fall, actually slide, very much like a series of light boxes/cubes piled up, nothing remotely close to tons of steel, glass and cementum falling to the ground...in Little Big Planet a series of objects piled one over the other fall/behave just as simplistically for instance.
I mean even destruction in the good old Red Faction on PS2 had more credibility because buildings had a certain solidity but here everything looks so fragile.

Last edited:
Am a crackdown fan but they showed nothing ! Guess destruction was the showing point here. Only for MP? They should have shown open world craziness to bring old fans on the table.

Am a crackdown fan but they showed nothing ! Guess destruction was the showing point here. Only for MP? They should have shown open world craziness to bring old fans on the table.

They're probably not ready to show much. They didn't mention a release date for 2016 yet, did they?

They're probably not ready to show much. They didn't mention a release date for 2016 yet, did they?

they did a tech session, probably no way to make it slick for the stage

looks very nice, hopefully it looks better when non watched via potato cam

Reminds me of the early Euphoria destruction stuff.

Those buildings uh.... need more mass.

Back