Crackdown 3 [XO, XPA]

Still haven't bought 2. It's on my "only if it's less than $10 used" list. Yes, Rancid, I will get it eventually. It better not be as bad as I've heard either.

Tommy McClain

First one was awesome, never felt the urge to play the second one. I wonder if they remember what was best about the first one and actually iterate onthat for the new one.

I wonder if they remember what was best about the first one and actually iterate onthat for the new one.

How about a tower/space elevator that reaches into the cloud. ;) (Would be kind of neat to have the main city on the ground, and an Agency flying fortress (or mini-city?) up in the clouds too and that you could sky dive/fly between them).

I wonder who's going to be working on CD3. Ruffian Games has already stated that they aren't working on it and instead are working on their self-published title, Tribal Towers. Hopefully it's in the hand of the right developers.

I want a next-gen Crackdown!
kreygasm.png

Loved the first one, had some fun with the second but never finished it. If done correctly could be great fun.
Oh right. I think I remember this game now. I have never played it but most people loved it to death, especially the first version. So it's pointless for me to say anything about the game. Microsoft are giving hints and perhaps I will give it a try on the Xbox One.

Do yourself a favor & get the 1st one now. It's about $5 used & worth much more. Or buy the digital version for $15... http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Crackdown/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307dc

Tommy McClain
:eek: It's now or never Tommy. At this rate I am going to play it close to the day when I am finally gone from this Earth.

It's a dilemma, and next generation is a turning point for me. I promised myself not to try many new games now. I am eagerly awaiting for the Xbox One and I have so many games that I didn't even complete yet... :eek:

Nevermind, I can try the demo at least and maybe the full game afterwards. My best friend online also recommended me a few games, and this summer my time is going to be limited.... I can't promise anything, though of course, only time will tell.

Still haven't bought 2. It's on my "only if it's less than $10 used" list. Yes, Rancid, I will get it eventually. It better not be as bad as I've heard either.

Tommy McClain

Crackdown was awesome, but you have to realize it was a launch game. Crackdown2 used the same tech and was released what 5 years later? The games are pretty much identical IMO, but crackdown2 doesnt have the same cool factor because you have already played the first.

I would say crackdown2 was ehhhh. But its worth 10 bucks, especially if you can play coop with somebody else. Hell, you cant go to a movie for 10 bucks.

:eek: It's now or never Tommy. At this rate I am going to play it close to the day when I am finally gone from this Earth.

It's a dilemma, and next generation is a turning point for me. I promised myself not to try many new games now. I am eagerly awaiting for the Xbox One and I have so many games that I didn't even complete yet... :eek:

Nevermind, I can try the demo at least and maybe the full game afterwards. My best friend online also recommended me a few games, and this summer my time is going to be limited.... I can't promise anything, though of course, only time will tell.

I can understand holding off if you're planning on buying a Xbox One. I was in a holding pattern until they announced the system & price myself, but now that I'm passing up launch I think I will use my time to catch up on some games that I've always planned on buying like Crackdown 2 & few others.

BTW, there's no longer a Crackdown 1 demo available for download. It was there because I tried it. Now that Crackdown 2 demo is there I guess it's not there anymore. Only way to try it would be to look for OXM Disc #69 on eBay.

Crackdown was awesome, but you have to realize it was a launch game. Crackdown2 used the same tech and was released what 5 years later? The games are pretty much identical IMO, but crackdown2 doesnt have the same cool factor because you have already played the first.

I would say crackdown2 was ehhhh. But its worth 10 bucks, especially if you can play coop with somebody else. Hell, you cant go to a movie for 10 bucks.

OK buddy I''m getting it! LOL But not today. How about some co-op for next weekend?

Tommy McClain

Crackdown was awesome, but you have to realize it was a launch game.

No it wasn't, it was released in early 2007. For many who played it, it was the game of the year.

Many claimed it sold so many copies because it gave access to the Halo 3 beta. I'm sceptical about that, I got it because the demo was frigging awesome.

Cheers

I can understand holding off if you're planning on buying a Xbox One. I was in a holding pattern until they announced the system & price myself, but now that I'm passing up launch I think I will use my time to catch up on some games that I've always planned on buying like Crackdown 2 & few others.

BTW, there's no longer a Crackdown 1 demo available for download. It was there because I tried it. Now that Crackdown 2 demo is there I guess it's not there anymore. Only way to try it would be to look for OXM Disc #69 on eBay.

OK buddy I''m getting it! LOL But not today. How about some co-op for next weekend?

Tommy McClain
I still want to give it a try some day, but as you pointed out already, I have been holding off as of late because I am buying the Xbox One.

It doesn't help that I am busy as a bee right now, and will be very busy the whole summer.

But there is always time to remember the good ol' times on the Xbox 360. I was so many happy times playing it.

My brother Fon -the one who never plays games on any platform except one, Call of Juarez-, is playing Call of Juarez using my account (his account, Fonydan, which I created for him, is silver) right now.

It was the most fun game I've ever played in the sense that I never laughed so much while playing a game. Sometimes I was just laughing to the point of tears while watching him playing. :yep2::LOL:

He gets all excited and he complains, he feels so happy when things go well, he tells me about his amazing ideas and moves when his team realises he is playing well.

It's effin' awesome. :smile:

He leans into corners to gain visibility, LULZ. He LIVES it!

I know you have the game, give the online a try. The people who play the online of this game is usually really fun and loyal to the game, there are many americans there, so you will usually find compatriots playing.

Try to convince Rancid to give it a try too so you can play online together. ;)

Skirmish mode + maps like Panoche Pass, Mine Encounter, Highnoon, El Paso, Coffeyville, etc etc = God made game.

Thanks to games like this -and a few others- Xbox 360 was the best console/gaming machine I've ever had. Lots of good memories.

Even though I quit gameing on it when Xbox One comes out, except from time to time, but I will always remember this console.

No it wasn't, it was released in early 2007. For many who played it, it was the game of the year.

Many claimed it sold so many copies because it gave access to the Halo 3 beta. I'm sceptical about that, I got it because the demo was frigging awesome.

Cheers
You might have a point there, the game was really good perhaps.

According to a study, games with demos sell half as many copies, and this one sold a lot.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/...&utm_campaign=Feed:+developmag/ifbh+(Develop)

Now that you mention Halo 3 I don't even know if I am going to play the free games that they give you with your gold account til the end of the year.

I hope one of those games is Crackdown, I am in savings mode right now.

EDIT: I clicked on the link Tommy gave me, and they only ship the demo discs in the USA. I live overseas. :(((

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to get it, get it now, it's a time sink.

Exactly. Once you start hunting agility & hidden orbs you'll go nuts until you find the last one. There are 500 agility orbs & 300 hidden orbs. You'll start hearing the orb sounds in your sleep. LOL The achievement for both are so worth it though. :)

Tommy McClain

Back