Console forum locked?

Qroach said:
It really pissed me off to see that stupid thread by chap accusing sonic of being biased, and now some people have the balls to come in this thread and continue it.

Think about it. If Sonic's "bias" was really Xbox/Sega, then why would chap be complaining about it? I don't think it is being "continued" here. It is being clarified. The conclusions I came up with were that Sonic has no bias that we need to be concerned with, and chap is, well, he is plainly in some dreamworld. Chap's "bias topic" should be the last nail in his coffin if anybody still has a doubt that he belongs here or not.

DaveBaumann said:
Yep, this thread has gone in a direction that certainly won't help the cause of the console forum. :rolleyes:
I don't think anything short of an act of god can help the cause of the console forum.

As for my bias I have stated them as soon as I got the mod job so that everyone would know what my views were. But I never locked a thread because of my bias and anyone that isn't clouded by bias can see that none of the thread I locked were due to my bias. Same goes with sonic , dave and any of the others with mod powers in any of the forums .

jvd said:
I don't think anything short of an act of god can help the cause of the console forum.

No, not at all. All that was needed is Sonic (and a few more like him, perhaps) and a running ban list that Dave could process.

randycat99:

> If Sonic's "bias" was really Xbox/Sega, then why would chap be
> complaining about it?

Because chap felt Sonic had a personal vendetta against him.

Hey, he thinks everybody has a vendetta against him! :) What else is new?

It's all the more indication of Sonic's ability to moderate objectively, regardless of supposed/alleged Xbox/Sega biases. Sonic eliminated extraneous/inflammatory topics with great skill. It was only natural and inevitable that chap would get frustrated with that. It only means that he [Sonic] was doing his job well.

I once saw an intriguing news report in the US where the anchor claimed "After last week's report on Israel, we recieved x thousand complaints. About half complained we were biased pro-Israeli, the other half claimed we were biased pro-Palestinian." The conclusion was that they were probably doing a pretty reasonable job...

Randycat,

Wake up there, slick! I asked that because I myself doubted he had a bias. I feel he has handled his duties with utmost professionalism and objectivity. Someone else here implied he had a bias, so I was calling them out as to exactly what sort of bias they were speaking of.

I didn't have a problem with what you asked. What I said (regarding the "crock of crap" comment) wasn't directed at you OR your comments because, obviously from what I wrote, I fully agree. I was talking to cybermerc and his usual thoughts that everyone has an agenda of some sort. I really don't understand what was unclear with that. Anyway, just relax.

qwerty2000 said:
When is the console opening again????

When you use the screwdriver??? :)

I doubt we'll see the console forum open up again after the way this thread has gone. It's probably best for B3d to forget about it and move along.

If there is a need for such a console forum out there, someone should get their act together and set one up. Simple as that.

I will miss it though. In a sadistic kind of way. ;)

ok then good bye :( if you want to see a real console forum go to this web site pcvsconsole.com they talk about cool stuff and they dont lock forums they just delete the stupid posting that the users make

Well, this is a terrible thread. And I want to know what forums will be on the new forums. I want:

- Talking
- News!
- Console Wars (Flame wars allowed, to a degree)
- Console Graphics
- Homebrewed

And:
People posting crappy threads should be banned, or those should be closed at sight. Rules in each forum, and those should be good.

And I wanna know, who's going to point at people to make something happen?

Qroach said:
I didn't have a problem with what you asked. What I said (regarding the "crock of crap" comment) wasn't directed at you OR your comments because, obviously from what I wrote, I fully agree. I was talking to cybermerc and his usual thoughts that everyone has an agenda of some sort. I really don't understand what was unclear with that. Anyway, just relax.

OK, my bad. I saw your quoting with persons unspecified, so I thought your comment was directed to those people in general.

I'd be rather sad to see the console forum close.

I haven't posted much at all on the current Beyond3D board but keep a regular eye on it. I did post a bit on the previous board before it was restarted and had to re-register (previous handle MT_Feeling).

I quite enjoyed some of the early discussion and trying to determine the PS2 hardware spec (before the Jap linux doco became publically available), strengths/weaknesses of the PS2 design and why Sony designed it the way they did. I would like to thank those, especially the more knowledgeable, who chose to reply and correct me where necessary.

I haven't really posted recently, for instance, on the PS3/Cell as I haven't really had the time or compunction to research it. I prefer to post with as much factual information as possible. Perhaps others should note. Having said that PS3/Cell/XBox2 etc hasn't been released so there is probably much less factual info to be had.

The above reads like a R.I.P but I hope there is someway of the thread continuing in some form.

This thread has ended in a way that is ironic, a bit sad, and a bit amusing - in a sadistic sense.

Time to look for a replacement. The noise was overwhelming, but the signal's quality is too good to lose.

Any ideas for a replacement? (Yes, I'm officially giving up on "petition the owner(s) to reopen the board. The contents of the previous 3 pages are unfortunately quite shameful to that cause.)

Wonder if a yahoo group will work... :oops:

I had pretty much stopped reading the Console Forum.

When I first started reading it, it was a good source of public discussion on the PS3 patent and technology. Especially Panajev2001a posts and few other's.

I think it was asking too much to have a positive console tech discussion forum on a board like this one where the vast majority of posters are just windows gamers.

wazoo said:
How much time before this thread is longer that all posts in the Console forum ??

This will probably be the "recycle bin" of the console forum. From now on we'll see people going "well, you locked the console forum, so i'll post my crap on here!"...

The real question is, How long before this thread gets locked? (Just like in the console forum... awwww brings memories back) :D

Anway, *Bye bye console forum, Faf, Archie, Pana and all the others...* (As i said, it's a hopeless cause so...)

(I must say, i do miss my daily dose of PS3-NextGen-talk)

Quincy talking about bias.
That's actually funny.

I vote to shut it down permanently unless it can somehow be moderated in a fair way which doesn't seem possible....considering the very PC nature of this site....and hence a necessary allegiance to Microsoft even if it is a minor one.

Who cares if the mods are biased? As long as they are 'fair' (yes it's possible to act fairly even if you're biased). I for one wish the console forum would open up again.

Back