*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

I'm wondering how much of that footage truly is from the 360. Crytek hasn't been the most honest company in that regard.

Also, if it's so much better they should release it on PC as well.

:LOL:

It's clearly not going to be "better" in a\total sense...they tout an aspect here or there has been improved over PC, that's what you do in advertising, of course they dont mention what will be cut back.

Why would they re release a 4 year old game that didn't sell well on PC with minor changes anyway? People demand the oddest things.

Why would they re release a 4 year old game that didn't sell well on PC with minor changes anyway? People demand the oddest things.

Oh please, Crysis sold millions of units. It was no CoD but what is.

I always got the impression that most of the negativity toward Crysis came from the console gamers, downplaying the game as "nothing special" and "impossible to run" just because they weren't able to play it.

Imo the cutbacks are very clearly visible in that trailer, eventhough the really fast cuts makes it harder to notice them. Seems to blur stuff in the distance, explosions and vegetation has taken a big hit.

Still it looks very nice for a X360 game and imo looks to bring authentic enough experience of Crysis 1, which is a great FPS-game. I'm somewhat intriqued to get this, eventhough I have the Maximum edition on the PC and I played it with the pad, worked great.

at the time I finally had PC hardware good enough to run Far Cry at highest settings with supersampled vegetation at a smooth framerate, then that game came out and I was back at 800x600 low details and 20fps. that was not fun.
I also don't like the nanosuit, I like old-fashioned health packs + armor and you could have had items that rip off steroids, berserker and holoduke :)

I'm looking forward to / fearing the inevitable frame rate comparisons between an uncapped PC version and the 30 fps capped console versions.

The Future said:
But I averaged 29 fps on my 386 and the console average is 28.7 so it can't even keep up with my PC from 1914 :rolleyes: :LOL:

Imo the cutbacks are very clearly visible in that trailer, eventhough the really fast cuts makes it harder to notice them. Seems to blur stuff in the distance, explosions and vegetation has taken a big hit.

Still it looks very nice for a X360 game and imo looks to bring authentic enough experience of Crysis 1, which is a great FPS-game. I'm somewhat intriqued to get this, eventhough I have the Maximum edition on the PC and I played it with the pad, worked great.
"blurred" stuff in distance is DOF,it was apparent in PC version too.

"blurred" stuff in distance is DOF,it was apparent in PC version too.
What? DOF only happened when you went into your sights, and everything through the sights was crystal-clear. Objects in the distance, center-screen, no matter how far away, were never blurred.

What? DOF only happened when you went into your sights, and everything through the sights was crystal-clear. Objects in the distance, center-screen, no matter how far away, were never blurred.
Yes they were always slightly blurred,like in GTA IV,and I'm not talking about objects.When somebody said blurred distance it was meant as that big mountain that always had slight DOF applied(on higher settings).
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2681/crysis6ri3.jpg
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4794/crysis2009081314264595.png

If you ask me,that looks quite nice when DOF is only slightly applied.

I don't think that's DOF, I think that's just blurring.

I don't know what's going on that second shot.. my game never does that, blurring half the screen like that.

I don't see the point in any event.. this game won't be running any higher than 720p anyway, so even with no blurring or DOF, it still won't be as sharp.

"After listening to the Q3 2008 Electronic Arts Earnings Conference Call we have learned that Crysis has been a strong performer with sales having exceeded expectations. EA also reported Crysis reaching the platinum mark meaning over 1 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide."

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/99063-13-crysis-sales-exceed-million

I don't think that's DOF, I think that's just blurring.

I don't know what's going on that second shot.. my game never does that, blurring half the screen like that.

I don't see the point in any event.. this game won't be running any higher than 720p anyway, so even with no blurring or DOF, it still won't be as sharp.
Here are another 2 shots,both maxed.Mountains were always blurred,and its only to give you illusion of distance,or artistic touch.R* done it on GTA IV to make LOD changes less evident.
http://www.iocaster.com/screenshots/crysis64-ss.bmp
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/attachment.php?postid=6653192

If it runs at 720p it surely won't be blurry,won't be sharp like 1080p of course,but far from blurry.Especially if people are setting couple feet of TV...

Well, to be fair from the trailer it looks a lot better than I expected it would. I'll be the first to eat my humble pie if it matches the PC version for size and interactivity. Obviously there will be some graphical shortcomings, but what we see there seems to look great for the platform it's on.

Crytek have a lot of lessons learned from making the original and building it's sequel on the updated engine. There are bound to be a bunch of tricks that haven't been implemented in the original PC version that they can now apply. It would be a real treat and a nod to the existing Crysis PC owners if they could benefit from this somehow.

Good for 360 owners, but as a PC gamer I can't help feel that if all this experience and new tools were applied to our platform we'd have had a true sequel to Crysis that far surpassed the original. As it is we've been left with basically a port. That's where the hard feelings come from from most of us, but it's good business for Crytek and who can blame them?

They're probably showing off more of their skills making something that awesome looking on a 360 than they did using the pure grunt of the original platform to achieve their goals.

One nagging thing is "Why is it so cheap?" Are we to expect some obvious shortcoming that can't be PR'd away? Could it seem like a cheap (quality-wise) game compared to the full-priced sequel? Is it just a good PR move?

I'm looking forward to / fearing the inevitable frame rate comparisons between an uncapped PC version and the 30 fps capped console versions.

I thought I recall PC folks being surprised at their low framerates because it felt uber smooth way back. /runs

Wont this be about the biggest most full featured game yet made available via DD only for $20? I cant really think of another. Or even another full game DD exclusive on console this gen (there was a cave shooter that did it on XBL I think). Yes I know some games like Burnout Paradise have been on DD but not exclusively.

I cant help but think this could have implications for the future of gaming too. I like it.

I always held on to the belief that Crysis could be run on consoles, but I never thought they'd be able to do that and have the destructible shacks in it too.

Considering my only experience with Crysis was completing the game on the lowest settings (still had a blast, showing that the game was way more than just graphics), I'm probably going to buy it.

Wont this be about the biggest most full featured game yet made available via DD only for $20? I cant really think of another. Or even another full game DD exclusive on console this gen (there was a cave shooter that did it on XBL I think). Yes I know some games like Burnout Paradise have been on DD but not exclusively.

It'll probably be Games on Demand rather than XBLA considering the 2GB limit for the latter. (Texture res jokes aside :p)

Back