*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

Seems like this thread should be filled with people talking about how great Crysis 1 is where did they go?.
This thread should be full of people eating crows :p So many was claiming that Crysis 2 city design is because of consoles.

Er. no thanks. Hope they'll remaster Crysis 1&2 for Full HD, Very High setting and DX11 mode on next gen consoles instead. But I definitely see its appeal on the 360 and PS3 though.

I don't know tech, but I thought the game looked good...One thing I reacted to though was that the vegetation seems to have been scaled down in that footage

Confirmed at 1600 MS points. Very nice!

CRYTEK AND EA BRING CRYSIS TO XBOX LIVE AND PLAYSTATION NETWORK
Guildford, UK. – September 9, 2011 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning developer, Crytek GmbH, announced today that the critically-acclaimed Crysis® franchise will debut a new experience on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation® Network. In October 2011, shooter fans will be able to download a modified and enhanced version of the award-winning single-player campaign from the original Crysis, remastered for console players using Crytek’s state-of-the-art CryENGINE®3 with all new lighting, effects and other visual optimizations. For just £15.99 SRP or 1600 Microsoft Points, gamers will download the most robust and exciting Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network game to date.

In 2007 and again in 2011, critics around the world hailed Crysis and Crysis 2 as titles that ushered in the next-generation of gaming with jaw-dropping visuals, industry leading technology and groundbreaking sandbox gameplay, featuring the super-powerful Nanosuit. Today, the original, award-winning 2007 single-player campaign has been remastered for Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network with optimized Nanosuit controls, fine-tuned combat and full stereoscopic 3D support.

“We are extremely proud of what we were able to accomplish with Crysis. We set out to create a next-generation FPS and delivered a PC experience that became a benchmark for quality – and still is for many gamers even four years later,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. “By bringing the single-player campaign to console, we believe we are again setting a new standard for quality in downloadable gaming.”

In Crysis, gamers will travel to 2019 where a team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. Now with hope rapidly fading, the US and North Koreans must join forces to battle the alien menace, fighting epic battles through stunning, photorealistic tropical jungles and frozen landscapes.

For more information on Crysis, please visit http://crysis.ea.com or http://mycrysis.com and follow the game on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/crysis or “Like” Crysis on Facebook at http://facebook.com/crysis.

So nothing for me I hate download or play the game on the HDD in a console...

Huh? That's a main advantage of DD imo. No getting up to swap discs when you feel like playing a different game.

So umm, it being a DD game, is there any reason they couldn't exceed 9 GB DVD capacity?

Not that I think it's needed since IIRC PC version is 7-9GB with much higher quality textures, but it'd be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
What made the original Crysis special ?

It was an absolutely incredible game with the best graphics of all time and an innovative and super fun multiplayer (that sadly not enough people realized, but I had many hours of online entertainment from it).

Looks like a different game.

Looks pretty good considering it's impossible for consoles to handle Crysis.

According to what I've seen, it still is. Hopefully they can at least keep the spirit of the game alive.

This looks modded. Vegetation cut-backs still stand of course, but I have to wonder what's going on when you have a number of other parts of the trailer showing much more complex scenery:

console2.jpg

The predictable downplaying begins. Just like Crysis 2.

Just watch the whole vid and it's obvious it looks pretty great, especially certain scenes, of course there will be cutbacks.

Also cherry picking screens from the worst quality blurry flash vid of all time, great!

Would like a better quality vid though. Gamersyde hopefully.

It's only right to expect so much with hardware that pre-dates the original game's release as well as RAM amount that is less than a quarter of the gaming rigs in 2007.

That said, I'm curious to see how this will sell.

This looks modded. Vegetation cut-backs still stand of course, but I have to wonder what's going on when you have a number of other parts of the trailer showing much more complex scenery:

Yeah some parts look really really good. The exploding hut/building is another. It says it's all 360 footage so hmmmm...

According to what I've seen, it still is.

You must have watched a different video. Anyways it supposedly was all about "the scale" regardless of graphics, the scale is aped so...

Heres a couple more promising caps I took

http://i52.tinypic.com/2wr2scn.png

http://i55.tinypic.com/15nnng7.png

The video quality is just terrible though. Cant get anything out of it. All the youtubes come from the GT "HD" source which is terrible itself so, yeah.

console2.jpg

Some other places in the trailer also have cut backs, e.g the part from the first level just above the first hut and the jamming station seems to be lacking some shrubs (and I think I see the area near the stream in the second level also looking cut down a bit).

The predictable downplaying begins. Just like Crysis 2.
Also cherry picking screens from the worst quality blurry flash vid of all time, great!

Because any comparison that does not show what you want to see is "cherry picking" :rolleyes:

As soon as I saw the announcement, I came straight here.. "Oh, the guys on B3D must be having a field day with this..."

Should be interesting to see, at any rate. Given all the trash-talking that us PC gamers did about how the consoles could never run the game, it'll be interesting to see what's changed. I'm sure this one will spawn quite a bit of comparisons, moreso than most games do.

I'm also curious to see how well it sells. I mean, everyone who really wants it has had it for years now, and PC gamers wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole.

Crysis 1 was never that special to be honest, and having 2005 consoles hardware run it proves it.
The main problem was that it was a little unoptimized by the time it came out. This translated in a lot of pc people not being able to run it on high, and thus, hating on it.

I'm wondering how much of that footage truly is from the 360. Crytek hasn't been the most honest company in that regard.

Also, if it's so much better they should release it on PC as well.

Crysis 1 was never that special to be honest, and having 2005 consoles hardware run it proves it.
:LOL:

Hopefully they will have done some actual code optimisation this time and maybe produce a game that consists of more than pretty pictures.

Back