*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

Maybe a few people said Crysis wasn't possible on consoles but most simply said it wasn't possible on consoles with the PC level graphics and nothings changed in that regard.

It's great for console fans to get such an amazing game, I'm dubious as to how well it will sell/be recieved though since it's got to be a matter of pride by now to stick by the "it's just a tech demo" line.

As mentioned already the comparisons will be coming thick and fast for this game, so unless the console version's going to hold up far better against the now 4 year old original than that video suggests then it's probably not the best idea to be using this as some kind of technical vindication for consoles. I'd just be happy to be getting a great game and leave it at that.

"After listening to the Q3 2008 Electronic Arts Earnings Conference Call we have learned that Crysis has been a strong performer with sales having exceeded expectations. EA also reported Crysis reaching the platinum mark meaning over 1 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide."

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/99063-13-crysis-sales-exceed-million

I'm guessing Rangers doesn't see a game selling over a 1million as "selling well" given he sees games as selling 8-10M (albeit multi-platform) as being a "solid hit" (see BF3 thread).

I reckon Crysis sold very well on the PC. Reckon it'll do pretty well on DD (I'll certainly think of getting it for 1600pts). Wouldn't surprise me to see it released on disc at some point though (like Limbo et al).

I think this will be a fascinating benchmark of how far their engine technology has come from an efficiency standpoint since 2007. It's too bad that they won't re-release the PC version too. I wouldn't be surprised if the console version of Crysis ends up looking better in some ways than the old PC version due to engine improvements. Particularly the lighting.

I'm pretty sure Cryteck will have thrown all their first-generation Xbox 360 know-how into remastering Crysis for its online-only budget re-release in order to make the most impressive 360 game ever.

I thought I recall PC folks being surprised at their low framerates because it felt uber smooth way back. /runs

I think PC version might have used some kind of for-free frame interpolation technology which may have been disabled today.

I'm guessing Rangers doesn't see a game selling over a 1million as "selling well" given he sees games as selling 8-10M (albeit multi-platform) as being a "solid hit" (see BF3 thread).

I reckon Crysis sold very well on the PC. Reckon it'll do pretty well on DD (I'll certainly think of getting it for 1600pts). Wouldn't surprise me to see it released on disc at some point though (like Limbo et al).

Crysis 1 on PC sold 3 Mil, as of 2010 (I think it was 2010).

No, that is just the same as the game on a PC at low settings (it is the start of the assault level).

Watching the trailer for the 7th time, I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised by how good the graphics look.Impressive, considering its running on 5 to 6 year old hardware with only 512 megs of RAM.Obviously, its not going to look like the PC version on max settings but thats a given when taking into consideration with the hardware that its running on.

The $20 price is a sweet spot as the game is 4 years old and shouldn't be priced at $60 dollars. Crysis mp was honestly pretty average in terms of gameplay but the campaign was pretty darn good.

I'm pretty sure Cryteck will have thrown all their first-generation Xbox 360 know-how into remastering Crysis for its online-only budget re-release in order to make the most impressive 360 game ever.
One of the trailers advertises a lighting overhaul. That could be a tangible improvement.

They've been upscaled to 1080p and obviously there's no AA. Looks surprisingly true to the original game bar the vegetation differences.
It looks like destructible structures are still in. People were suspecting that insufficient RAM would make that impossible.

Well, lets see if all the pieces remain for the duration of the map I suppose. Not that that should make too much difference to the gameplay. A good compromise would be to get rid of some of the smaller bits when the player is far enough away, just leaving the big pieces in place.

Little things like footprints in the sand might not be present, which overall didn't affect the gameplay at all. Just a couple of 'ooh look at that!'s every now and then.

Any POM spotted?

Here's another reason why it might be direct to drive: Streaming the levels from DVD would have been too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, but download only?

Come on, what about all of us with 20 GB HDDs, I can only have 1 full game installed to HDD at a time (with some DLC and demos). I hope they manage to cut it down to a more manageable size, like 3-4 gigs.

Also, I always wonder why MS never compresses their game downloads unlike Sony, it's a waste of bandwidth and takes longer.

Can you swap out a 360 HDD without buying one of their rip off retail boxes? I mean can you buy a 500GB notebook drive and drop it in the chassis your 20GB is in? I'd do that in a blink if it were me. ;) My Xbox 1 has 250GB. :D

Also, I always wonder why MS never compresses their game downloads unlike Sony, it's a waste of bandwidth and takes longer.

Um... IME, the PSN downloads are larger than the 360 equivalent. Not sure what you're on about. Also... not compressed? Don't be silly.

Back