Comprehensive list of PS4 Pro enabled titles

I think PS4 Pro Enhanced Icon on packaged games is fine. Providing details on PS4 Pro Enhanced would be better served by using the PS store. The store can provide a litany of information without the same regard to space (PS Pro Enhanced can be served by its own page or simply scrolling down) as box covers. Plus it allows anyone with a simple internet connection to research without leaving their home or being dependent on knowledge of some arbitrary forum/website housing a list of enhancements.

Information on the store can be readily updated if enhancements are improved and enhancement information can be provided pre launch as most prominent titles are listed for preorder well before release. The store can allow sorting by feature like 4K, 1080pLUS ( :) shoutout to bunge), HDR or 60 fps.

There are a bevy of ways for Sony and pubs (a game's own website) to provide detail information regarding any title and getting that information straight through your PlayStation all housed on its store app is the most effective and efficient way.

If we are talking a new potential user for the PlayStation then simply providing links to the store from the main PS website would suffice.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure I agree with that. I mean that neogaf list includes a number of titles like Batman and Overwatch, which are nothing more than developer enabled boost mode and not an actual Pro enhanced code path. Better to provide some sort of indication as to what type of improvements the title has relative the base version. But that's just my 2 cents. It's a great console, I just don't understand why they don't emphasize its differentiators more unless they really don't care how well it performs sales wise.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I mean that neogaf list includes a number of titles like Batman and Overwatch, which are nothing more than developer enabled boost mode and not an actual Pro enhanced code path. Better to provide some sort of indication as to what type of improvements the title has relative the base version. But that's just my 2 cents. It's a great console, I just don't understand why they don't emphasize its differentiators more unless they really don't care how well it performs sales wise.

Yeah, that could potentially make some people skeptical of a PS4-P enhanced label if the "enhancement" was as miniscule as that.

Regards,
SB

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

Indeed as that sounds wrong. Pro titles are not eligible for boost mode, this is for legacy PS4 titles.
Pro mode with no tweaks would remove boost mode as an option as all the CPU and GPU would already be made available to the code.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I mean that neogaf list includes a number of titles like Batman and Overwatch, which are nothing more than developer enabled boost mode and not an actual Pro enhanced code path. .

That simply is not true. If they have a patch for PS4P, it cannot be boost mode. Boost mode is just overclocked freq applied to unpatched games.

Overwatch has Pro code patch (meaning locked 1080p60fps but not a big difference from base PS4 which was already pretty good) plus 16x AF applied on all textures.

Sigh. I said developer enabled, not customer enabled. Essentially they are compiled with Pro "support" which gives them access to additional CPU/GPU to improve performance. But unfortunately that's all they do, and don't include enhancements to the games themselves such as increased resolution or target framerate or enable supersampling or more texture detail, etc. Which to me is simply the developer equivalent of boost mode.

Sigh. I said developer enabled, not customer enabled. Essentially they are compiled with Pro "support" which gives them access to additional CPU/GPU to improve performance. But unfortunately that's all they do, and don't include enhancements to the games themselves such as increased resolution or target framerate or enable supersampling or more texture detail, etc. Which to me is simply the developer equivalent of boost mode.
Which was not for the case for one of your example with added AF for Overwatch.

And Pro enabled is more than just let the game benefit from overclocking like Boost mode. It also makes the other half of the GPU available for the game which is allegedly not the case for most of the boosted games (It could be the case in rare games in boost mode like BF4, but it's not confirmed).

You're getting too tied up in the specifics. The general argument is that games are being recompiled with minimal effort - setting a few quality flags - for Pro mode rather than implementing Pro specific code. Games are just 'getting a boost' rather than patching that makes full use of the hardware. I don't know how true that is or isn't, but the argument is being bogged down in semantics.

Yep. Really simple here:

1. Game is patched or "Pro enhanced" - YES or NO

2. If YES, then the quality varies wildly from resolution, higher details etc etc

3. If NO, game can take advantage of Boost mode which mainly helps with frame rates in those games that have frame rate issues.

Boost mode is only for games that are not Pro enhanced.

The end.

Last edited:
We had a previous discussion where most of us accepted the idea of mid-gen as something similar to having two choices of gpu on pc. Tell me what I'm missing here.

I'mma let you finish, but Arkham City had the greatest cover labels of all time.

I'mma let you finish, but Arkham City had the greatest cover labels of all time.
If you focus you can faintly hear the screams of the graphic designers who were forced to do this.
oFBvTvt.jpg

This isn't a list but, I'm borrowing my brother's PS4 Pro for a while (he barely ever uses his console, always on PC). The only PS4 game he owns is Horizon Zero Dawn (but dang it I have to make a return trip because the disc wasn't in the PS4). So looking to show off my 4k/HDR TV, what are my options if any? I'm not looking to buy any games to demo them, unless maybe they are like $10...So basically, free demos and stuff? $10 games? Looking for anything 4k or pseudo 4k, HDR etc. Redbox may have a few things I could rent for $3...

Does PS4 Pro run the dash in 4k?

Back