Comprehensive list of PS4 Pro enabled titles

There are separate trailers for PS4 and 4Pro versions? Or are they made of both consoles, clearly labelled?
Oups, no, well forget trailers. :LOL:

Haven't seen separate trailers, but some use a mix with a corner indicating which scenes are on pro. Third parties use PC and bullshot. My point is that publishers decide what they want to show you. You want detailed assessment of the frame rate stability and how varied scenes look subjectively on each platform instead of biased selection, it's up to the press and reviews if trailers or official gameplay footage isn't showing enough. Nothing changed mid-gen.

What's your process to decide whether to buy a game or not?

I think London boy is asking for standard labelling on the box.

HDR, 4K, PSVR and Pro Enhanced; are all separate identifiers that can go a long way to making this process easier for the consumer.

Offering additional labeling on the games, including HDR, 4K Ultra HD, and Enhanced, can't be that complicated considering competitors will be doing it.

Why are you trying to switch the conversation?
I am not. You brought xbox in a ps4 thread saying it was easy for them to do it... I say they didnt do it previously. Because the box is publicity.

I am not. You brought xbox in a ps4 thread saying it was easy for them to do it... I say they didnt do it previously. Because the box is publicity.

I'm talking about labelling with 3 new additional tags: HDR, 4K, and Enhanced. I only linked to the competitor to cut off all excuses of "It's difficult". Instead of addressing the topic of why Sony can't do it, you pivot to some other point.

I'm talking about labelling with 3 new additional tags: HDR, 4K, and Enhanced. I only linked to the competitor to cut off all excuses of "It's difficult". Instead of addressing the topic of why Sony can't do it, you pivot to some other point.
It has to be forced with a TCR doesn't it?

With 4K, resolution is ambiguous and sony even got sued for saying a games was 1080p or 60fps or whatever, because it was using temporal reconstruction.

On Pro, "Enhanced" is all games after a certain date, and those before were sometimes patched or not, but they can't just recall the boxes to say which ones have a patch. And they all support some form of 4K.

HDR is a good point, I agree. But so niche maybe publishers wouldn't want to waste space on the packaging for it, and say it on the back instead.

The reasons to do this is publicity not information. I think Sony will not do this for 4K now, for the same reasons MS didn't do it for 1080p previously.

I forgot about the ShadowFall Resolution Lawsuit. I have to admit the once bitten, twice shy approach makes sense from Sony's perspective as far as "4K" labeling goes. I'd be perfectly fine with listing 4K as anything targeting higher resolution than 1080p with whatever techniques apply, but then again I'm not going to file lawsuits over it. I now also understand your viewpoint on why Sony won't do it and why you mentioned MS not doing it for 1080p, it doesn't provide as much benefit to them when the competitor can 1Up the claims. Thanks for having the discussion.

As for the "Enhanced" label for the 4Pro, I'd still be inclined to place a simple "Better with Pro" logo on all boxes.

As for the HDR label, that serves as valid labeling for PS4 and 4Pro, so both benefit equally.

Overall, labeling or lack of labelling with lack of information readily available really bites from a consumer perspective.

How important this is depends on your process of buying games. I feel you guys are either making a tempest in a teapot, or playing the devils advocate for the fun of it.

New ad idea for MS: Children who wanted a 2160p game for xmas, but then they pause, screengrab, and start pixel counting in photoshop... xmas eve ruined by little timmy crying his heart out at the realisation Awesome:Robot Dinosaurs is only 1800p. "I wanted an xboooooox!"..."mom and dad don't have 499 you ungrateful little shit!"...smack!... XBOX... "We're gonna need another timmy!"

Last edited:
How important this is depends on your process of buying games.

Look at it from the other way, shopping for a Sony game console. How do you know or decide if the 4Pro is worth the premium over the base?

Look at it from the other way, shopping for a Sony game console. How do you know or decide if the 4Pro is worth the premium over the base?

I think Sony tried to make it clear by dumbing it down for the masses. 4KTV? Go Pro. 1080p? Go low.

I think they were trying to avoid spec-wars.

As a normal consumer? Difficult question...

I would buy one if I have a 4k TV, or a slim otherwise.

If I'm a more picky customer, I would look back at the ps4 pro sizzle reel first which was probably how I know the thing exists in the first place, then I read actual article from journalists I agreed with in the past, and read various reviews. Then I call my step brother (the one who calls himself MrFox online)... Asking about his opinion cause he couldn't shut up about this last xmas. He's very intelligent and knows about everything, very funny too!

If I'm the really lazy customer type, I open youtube on my smart TV and search for "ps4 pro enhanced trailers 4k", or "ps4 pro, is it worth it" or watch actual gamers streams of the games that interests me. I don't trust publicity so I want to learn about pros and cons. I've been duped by marketing before, buying an apple product, to the dismay of my step brother who had to troubleshoot my fucking itunes transfer crap. Never again.

If I'm a consumer with PSVR, it's an easy decision too, they are practically all enhanced with sharper image and less aliasing. Which I learned from the above youtube videos. Because I don't trust publicity. Because of that itunes crap.

I certainly don't randomly walk into a bestbuy and glance at the shelves from a distance, thinking there are many of them 4k thingies logos, so I'm gonna get a Pro for little timmy. :confused:

With 4K, resolution is ambiguous and sony even got sued for saying a games was 1080p or 60fps or whatever, because it was using temporal reconstruction.
It was rejected.
https://www.polygon.com/2015/5/5/8555459/killzone-shadow-fall-resolution-lawsuit-dismissed-sony

4K as a label on the box won't hurt. "Better on Pro" labels would advocate getting a 4Pro when most titles carry it. "HDR" would promote people upgrading their TVs. Kinda like the old 3D labels, which were so few and far between it showed 3D was dead. Why bother getting an HDR TV when no games are in HDR (unless it turns out there's hundreds that are but nobody said...)?

As a normal consumer? Difficult question...

I certainly don't randomly walk into a bestbuy and glance at the shelves from a distance, thinking there are many of them 4k thingies logos, so I'm gonna get a Pro for little timmy. :confused:
If you are Sony and want to sell these consoles, you need to take charge of the information. What if you're an ordinary person going to buy a PS4, and you see a Pro in the shops, for more money? Why do you want that? What's better about it? How informed are the sales reps? Will they be telling consumers it's a 4K console, or will they be saying it's better resolution but the only real 4K console is XBOX, and roll out a comprehensive list of how XBOX games are better?

It's not so much that a list of info will be a go-to place for consumers, but it'll be a resource and presence and help influence the influencers. And yes, Sony don't have to, but this spawned out of the fact that MS are and people are liking that and wanting the same from Sony. They're being competed with. They can either compete back, or do nothing and not care. If you had a driving seat at Sony, which would you do?

1080p modes in the Pro all have framerate or IQ enhancements, but regardless: that's exactly it. Which is why Sony doesn't need or want to be more specific.
Thats a bit ironic when the Premium gamer is supposed to be the guy who looks into the details. Very bad from Sony if yuo ask me. They should have set proper quality standards and testing for Pro games and list teh enhancements

regardless of Sony i think that publishers will promote things like hdr, vr, etc. Sony by not giving it a standard label will just make it inconsistent.

high frame rate mode would be nice lable also but a lot harder to do due to the various possibilities. E.g. Multiplayer is 60 but campaign is 30.

is additional labelling required or wanted by the masses, they probably don't care but the people who buy 4pro would be the ones that would likely care, and who it would actually be for anyway.
so all games play better is a nice general marketing point, but not as a label on game.

if publisher didn't want to go back and update their labelling that would be up to them, the game would just be providing additional non highlighted benefits.

Back