Claimed: Oblivion coming to PS3, Nov 6 (launch?)

Some more comments from the staff on that site:

Hmm, I finally got the name out :) It is not what I origianlly thought of it being - ICO 2 (although, this is still a high possibility of being released on the PS3 as the developers are working on a PS3 title).

The revealed title is even better, something of which we all have been looking forward to for quite some time...Argh, I can't say the title, sorry! Although, you can ask everyone who knows me (FrozenIpaq), I do not lie.

I've never heard of qj.net myself.. but their comments interest me. FFVII remake? Maybe new Chrono Trigger :)

If what he says is true, I doubt it will be ZOE3, as much as I would enjoy that :) ZOE series hasn't exactly been super popular. His comments seem to point to something more well known to everyone, like a sequel to a well known franchise.

http://www.qj.net/tags/opm/5536

PS3 "Mystery" Title - Not Oblivion

Don't know how reliable this is, though

Well as someone not really interested in Oblivion, I hope that news is true. Still makes me wonder about Shane's comment of 'I heard Oblivion is a PS3 launch title ....They still havent shown the PS3 version of Oblivion, I wonder how it looks'

Maybe they are two different games + rumors?

I'm going with:

Oddworld: ___ ___ ___ ___ (The Return of Abe?)

It's all I got, but it kinda makes sense. These guys have disappeared off the face of the earth. And here's the last thing we heard from them:

GameSpy March 29, 2005 - "This is a choice, not a necessity. The choice is a daring one, and not an obvious one to make. We see the excitement of what can be. We think that requires a new model. We want to stay focused on the creative content and taking that to new levels."

"It's time to take it to the next level and the way to do that is with a new model. New models are in order and new models are necessary. Let's build characters and stories that people will love. Let's put these characters in interesting gameplay. Let's feature them in new media. It's all about pushing that quality bar higher.

"We love the games. We're proud of them. We're glad you've enjoyed them. We want to bring you more in the way we believe it can be done. We don't want to compromise on the quality and intensity. There's more to come."
They also have a new site about to come live: www.oddworld.com

Don't know if this is an accurate conclusion, but it may have been easiest for these guys to maintain the secrecy of the game as they may have been farming a large portion of the project out of the country:
"There's a lot of talent around the world. We want to connect the dots between more of these opportunities and talents."

When Lanning first said this, I had no idea how literal he was being. It turns out that he was chatting with me as he was driving to the airport to catch a flight to India to kick off a prospecting tour. He'll be hopping around different parts of Asia to scout animation houses, technology companies, etc., so that he and his team can focus on creative concerns while letting others leap the technological hurdles.
Could Oddworld be returning home as a PS3 exclusive?

-aldo

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be cool, oddworld was one of those quirky games that were pretty fun. Whatever it is I hope its not another PS2 game with HD stuck on the end of the title. :LOL:

That would be cool, oddworld was one of those quirky games that were pretty fun. Whatever it is I hope its not another PS2 game with HD stuck on the end of the title. :LOL:
Just curious, do you think they could have a game ready by launch since they would have started development around March of 2005? Here's the last line of the GameSpy interview:

More Oddworld creations in less time, as well as in new media? Sounds like an Oddworld fan's dream come true!
-aldo

Just curious, do you think they could have a game ready by launch since they would have started development around March of 2005? Here's the last line of the GameSpy interview:

-aldo

I don't see it being impossible. Thats a little less then 2 years of development. Guess it depends on the team size and scale of the game, but nothing is impossible.

Oddworld: The Appetite for Escape

Oddworld: The Appetite for Escape

GameDaily - BAFTA announced today that Lorne Lanning will deliver the "Vision Statement" for GameCity 2006. He will give a keynote titled "The Appetite for Escape" at the U.K. independent gaming forum. It will deal with the characters and stories that helped form the base of the Oddworld franchise.

Lanning will speak at The Broadway, Nottingham on Saturday October 28, 2006 at 6 PM.
Sony seems to have top billing at this event and being Oct 28th it would allow the November issue of the Playstation mag to be the first to reveal. The timing is too perfect and Lanning has the honor of delivering the "Vision Statement." Something seems to be afoot.

I could be wrong, but what do I win if I'm right? :p

-aldo

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting stuff aldo, like I said anything is possible. And that seems to go along with things as well.

I could be wrong, but what do I win if I'm right?
-aldo

internet cookies and a brand new oddworld at launch? :LOL:

Interesting stuff aldo, like I said anything is possible. And that seems to go along with things as well.

internet cookies and a brand new oddworld at launch? :LOL:
You're much to gracious. Gotta go now. I'm penning my acceptance speech. :LOL:

-aldo

You're much to gracious. Gotta go now. I'm penning my acceptance speech. :LOL:

-aldo

haha, me personally would kill for a SOCOM 5 (socom 5 us navy seals; 5 words ;)) at launch, that would be sweet. I'll believe it when I see it though.

But yeah...tgs only 3 days away, hopefully we hear something there. If not, the November OPM issue should be out october 10th.

seriously, oddworld..? is that a such an important franchise still?
the psx games where very nice but the xbox incarnation was dull.
the other oddworld game (action game ) was nice but not to say megaspectacular

Well as someone not really interested in Oblivion, I hope that news is true. Still makes me wonder about Shane's comment of 'I heard Oblivion is a PS3 launch title ....They still havent shown the PS3 version of Oblivion, I wonder how it looks'

Maybe they are two different games + rumors?

Or maybe 1up really isn't all that reliable.

After all, they were the ones who said the PS3 controller would be named "SIXAXIS", that XFire would be part of the entire PS3 online service, that Sony was paying 3rd parties to go on online forums and spread false rumors about the Xbox 360, that SK scapped the UE3 enigne and restarted development on Too Human, etc...

And as for the 1up Podcast comments,,, well, unless I am guessing wrong here I would say he was simply repeating his own rumor based on this:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153577

They seem to love to speculate based on incomplete or non-existing info, and then repeate their own speculation as fact.

Oh yeah, and according to 1Up, there will be another Halo based game after Halo 3, but it won't be made by Bungie. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to find some salt.

Back