Capcom's Deep Down

Some stuff looks great, some poor ! It will be playable at TGS, so we can know more then, Is there any video for the realtime gameplay demo they did today? My livestream bugged out at that time.

HDR tonemapped Lighting is fab , has that KZ mercenary feel to it.

Problem with expecting it to be a graphical beast is it's an online MMO or something, right?

Likely not going to happen.

I think already looks quite good. I'm sure it will improve, so my expectations are still quite high. :D

Not quite as good as the reveal but did have some nice effects here and there. Anyone who's expecting it to be a graphics benchmark on PS4 is out of his mind.

Form what I can see the combat seems to be quite "realistic" and not very H&S.

Edit: here's actual gameplay footage (off-screen.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seems to be in a very early stage, they haven't even announced the year it comes out. Probably 2015.

Edit: here's actual gameplay footage (off-screen.)

Wow ! So its like Demons Souls aethetics with randomnly generated dungeons in online co op :D ! Thats cool, playing Diablo 3 these days I just can't disagree with that combo. Add to that he says the monsters are also randomnly generated ! I think they are going in the perfect direction with the game. Hope it turns out well !

Atleast now we know this isn't some mobile phone team effort but a proper next gen game.

I am not convinced by the "aiming".
It no doubt gives the a lot of control but maybe a targeting system a la Eternal Darkness would work better and would be more elegant...though it would be far far easier.

Wow ! So its like Demons Souls aethetics with randomnly generated dungeons in online co op :D ! Thats cool, playing Diablo 3 these days I just can't disagree with that combo. Add to that he says the monsters are also randomnly generated ! I think they are going in the perfect direction with the game. Hope it turns out well !

Atleast now we know this isn't some mobile phone team effort but a proper next gen game.

Yes, keeping an eye on this one. Please be good~

Some images from the video i posted

Not the best quality, i know :oops:
DEEPDOWN4.jpg

DEEPDOWN3.jpg

DEEPDOWN1.jpg

Yes, keeping an eye on this one. Please be good~

Yup, fingers crossed, this does look good for now, but hope it ends as the dream co op game. I am most excited by the randomnly generated appearances of monsters ! Thats new :D ! and the minimalist gameplay makes sure there are no gimmicks.Really like their skin shader and the fur shown on the monster.

They do seem to be copying wholesale from Demons SOuls, though :p !

Is it safe to say that there'll be loot in this game? I hope they'll have more areas than just cave dungeons.

Need a direct feed to get a better idea on the graphics but it looks pretty good so far.

Is it safe to say that there'll be loot in this game? I hope they'll have more areas than just cave dungeons.

Need a direct feed to get a better idea on the graphics but it looks pretty good so far.

Yes, theres loot, cos the very first tech demo had this in the end "We can share the spoils " :D ! More shiny !

I have just watched the original reveal and then the new gameplay trailer....
What a HUGE downgrade !!!

OMG, genuinely this is one of the biggest disappointment so far...

Next-gen graphics?!?!? For an indoor/ corridor closed environment?

It seems to me just an high res corridor version of Demon Soul...

If people get excited by this... we are in trouble, big trouble, I think...

Well, I think the dynamically generated dungeons + monsters and co-op would be fun. Perhaps like Monster Hunter ?

Heck, if the levels are generated, I would push them to let the users craft our own levels too. People will recreate their version of Helm's Deep, Tower of Latria, etc.

I'd need to see a lot more from the gameplay. The spear was probably not the best choice of weapons to show off. If they can expand on the combat in Dark Souls, then it'll be a winner.

Back