Capcom's Deep Down

4ttttttlqswm.gif

Looking good.

THe guy threw a tornado towards the dragon and it went through his simulated fire ! Yes, they are on the right track ! Damn, these gifs really make you notice how good the Dragon looks !

Looks like a clunky version of Dark Soul's with a lame ass story.
So basically a westernised monster hunter minus MH unique charm, with the addition of forced online.

Pass, will wait for Demon's Soul's 2(Not Dark Soul's).

:) I play Dark Souls PvP every night for a few months. As long as the gears, move sets and controls are good, I would be happy to try it out.

Monhun doesn't seem to be that popular in the west. They will definitely need to "localize" it for us. Sticking straight Monhun formula may not be wise.

Why do people say this has similarities to AC?. I supposse it won´t be because of the controls right?...

By the way, as soon as the games go to the 720p30fps route we will start to see astounding/next gen graphics. Till then the only thing we will have are games with better IQ than the actual ones. So people and developers should start assimilating this.

Why do people say this has similarities to AC?. I supposse it won´t be because of the controls right?...

By the way, as soon as the games go to the 720p30fps route we will start to see astounding/next gen graphics. Till then the only thing we will have are games with better IQ than the actual ones. So people and developers should start assimilating this.

Pretty sure the comments are due to you going into the past, I think they said you are in NY in 2094 and accessing memories...

I'm on the fence for now, could be a really interesting game if it picks up where Demon Souls left off in terms of actual gameplay. My concern however is Capcoms policy of using poor controls as a gameplay element. :devilish: Really hope the controls are up to par with what other developers bring to the table. Graphically its doing some things really well and others are quite average.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have problems with Dragon's Dogma controls.
Ono is a good developer anyway with plenty of experience in the most "control complex" genere so I am confident that the controls won't be a problem.

What's so much worse? The fluid simulation is still there. The major difference really is the intensity of the fire lighting and the overall contrast of the tonemapping.

Are you serious?
Have you seen the 2 videos one after all?
We are talking here about a difference that can be compared to a difference between 2 hardware generations, similar to PS2 vs PS3 game!!!

Look at the details of the background of the reveal! Now look how bland the corridors of the gameplay video looks now!
Look at the detail of the character in the reveal video..., now look at the bland armour of the gameplay.
The actual armour and its no-animation is something really old-gen!

Just for comparison, look at the animation of the armours in Ryse, well these are animations and a dettails that I am expecting in a nextgen game!

No to talk about, lighting, fluid simulation, the amount of particles etc....

This is a HUGE downgrade, and I feel myself again very deceived by Sony...

This is, in some way, worse than KZ3 E3 trailer fiasco.

It is a true shame for me, and a crime against me as consumer.

The spectre of past lies like Emotion Engine, Cell, Toy Story graphic, etc... is taking me...

My trust in Sony and in the almighty PS4 is really trembling...
As my PS4 pre-order...

We are talking here about a difference that can be compared to a difference between 2 hardware generations, similar to PS2 vs PS3 game!!!

You are exaggerating.

You are totally exaggerating.

Not only is he exaggerating, it just sounds like he's trying to post crap about Sony. I mean, how is it Sony's fault? This wouldn't be the first time that a company shows off a rendered trailer, only to show gameplay footage later on and it's not as impressive... this happens all the time. Take it up with Capcom or any other game developer that does the same thing (ie Ubisoft). It still looks damn impressive in my eyes.

Most simply, I have to lower a lot my expectation about PS4 and next gen in general.

The trailer reveal of Deep Down was fantastic and it settled my expectation very high.
I have also huge expectaion on this title, let's say it becomes one of the reason (or maybe THE reason) to own PS4.
Maybe I was too pumped also by the on paper teck specifications...
My fault probably.

But now I find myself disappointed with what we have so far.

Now, I have seen the 2 trailers again just right now and , to me, Deep Down is a HUGE downgrade, in my most honest and most genuine opinion.
How can you state otherwise?!?!?
And this downgrade, and how the game looks now, makes me very angry.

Consider that the video quality is low, the game is obviously in an early stage because it doesn't even have a release date, and it can only get better from here.

To be fair in the grand scheme of comparison, new trailer did show some improvements such as fur and liquid rendering on creatures. They lowered the texture res, poly count and fire illumination big time though. I'm also not seeing any destructible physics as shown in the reveal trailer either. It is overall a very noticeable downgrade but what can you do? It's online only and randomly generated piece of sh*t.

The spectre of past lies like Emotion Engine, Cell, Toy Story graphic, etc... is taking me...

My trust in Sony and in the almighty PS4 is really trembling...
As my PS4 pre-order...
Now hold on, I can confirm firsthand that Emotion Engine and Cell were real and shipped in actual consoles. :p

Most simply, I have to lower a lot my expectation about PS4 and next gen in general.

The trailer reveal of Deep Down was fantastic and it settled my expectation very high.
I have also huge expectaion on this title, let's say it becomes one of the reason (or maybe THE reason) to own PS4.
Maybe I was too pumped also by the on paper teck specifications...
My fault probably.

But now I find myself disappointed with what we have so far.

Now, I have seen the 2 trailers again just right now and , to me, Deep Down is a HUGE downgrade, in my most honest and most genuine opinion.
How can you state otherwise?!?!?
And this downgrade, and how the game looks now, makes me very angry.

I have two pro-tips for you:

1. always settle on realistic expectations
2. www.neogaf.com - this is a suitable place for complaining about games, I've found.

Kind regards,
Arwin

I have two pro-tips for you:

1. always settle on realistic expectations
2. www.neogaf.com - this is a suitable place for complaining about games, I've found.

Kind regards,
Arwin

Hey Arwin thank you for your tips! But...

1) More realistic than a trailer declared to be in-engine (with even fake in-game interface!!!) during a show held by the console owner for the reveal of their new platform? One of the few games shown, let me add!
I used to call it lie to costumer, and, as a customer, I have all the right to feel deceived.

2) Here, in the Console Game section is not possible to complaint about games, especially game such Deep Down?!?!?

If you wish I just copy & paste a link to the original reveal trailer. Just to refresh your memory...
Only then you will understand...

UI/HUD can change mid development.
It certainly doesn't mean that it was fake.

Countless of games during the last months did the opposite and didn't even show the HUD/UI either because it makes the game look better OR because they didn't have final HUD at all but really it's not a crime.

Now Deep Down is not going to be released anytime so everything we see it's work in progress and subject to change which means we have to wait and see how it ends.
What we saw/see is not the final quality of the game and in my opinion I the fact that SCEJ is working with Capcom bodes well because they surely are payed to make PS4 shine.

I have all the right to feel deceived.
You do indeed have that right, and you have the right to express your POV. Just don't expect many to agree with you. ;) The level of quality drop isn't as bad as many games, and the nature of any pre-recorded gameplay reveal tends to over-promise on what'll be achieved in the final game. A real deceit was Aliens Colonial Marines that never showed the real game before people bought it. Deep Down is a work in progress with no-one needing to commit to buy it until they've seen enough of the final product, which is being publicly shown, to purchase it, so you risk absolutely nothing. The only thing hurt is perhaps your idealism when you realised your 100% faith that what you first saw in a game reveal trailer won't necessarily pan out in the final game. You'll learn to temper expectations and not believe anything except the finished product. Happens to all of us, and it's just life. One can enter into a huge philosophical discussion about why people lie/deceive, how everyone does it, yada yada, but that's all OT for this forum. In the grand scheme of things this is a nothing. Sony weren't going out of their way to deceive (it was Capcom's reveal) and no-one's lost anything by it, so the degree of outrage you are showing seems misplaced.

Back