• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7537

941927_170387519787361_291758242_n.jpg

TRAILER http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SQEbPn36m1c

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/preorder

No WiiU version announced...

That is a good move by MS: making sure that the most important franchise runs well on the new hardware, also in comparison to the competitor.

That is a good move by MS: making sure that the most important franchise runs well on the new hardware, also in comparison to the competitor.

Yeah, getting these reveals is actually a lot huger than people are acting. I guess it's the interwebs habit of downplaying Durango. If COD debuted at any other systems reveal, I would think it would be perceived as a whole lot bigger megaton. Whereas this it's like everybody is kind of ignoring the implications of.

I didn't necessarily expect it, because of so much chatter of a MS-EA alliance. Which made me think maybe Activision would go more Sony oriented in return. But the fact MS seems to have both in their corner, is pretty eyebrow raising.

Lets say BF4 and COD: Ghosts both show up in a big way at Durango reveal, I mean, that's as big as it possibly gets to Joe Six Pack.

also, you know game are getting good, when i happened to notice a gaffer post about a gif of the ghost trailer, that the new engine looks really good.

later i realize the trailer was live action, lol. turns out that poster was joking. but at least cutscenes are getting so good it's kinda hard to tell.

Trailer feels lame, coming from the COD brand. Had this been some other franchise, or a new IP, this trailer would get booed all over. The mask at the wnd, looks nothing but stupid. The whole ad feels all jingo.

But yes, they already had a very good engine producing great visuals, espaecially lighting, at 60 fps. Would really like to see them up the ante with the next gen visuals.

Bt I also really hope they change the game now. Frankly, its old now. I wish they add vehicles and we really get an alternative to BF or Halo.

Is there any news on whether this is a solo IW effort or are they bringing in more studios this time too.

Trailer feels lame, coming from the COD brand. Had this been some other franchise, or a new IP, this trailer would get booed all over. The mask at the wnd, looks nothing but stupid. The whole ad feels all jingo.

But yes, they already had a very good engine producing great visuals, espaecially lighting, at 60 fps. Would really like to see them up the ante with the next gen visuals.

Bt I also really hope they change the game now. Frankly, its old now. I wish they add vehicles and we really get an alternative to BF or Halo.

Is there any news on whether this is a solo IW effort or are they bringing in more studios this time too.

Not at 60fps on current gen HW you will my friend ;-)

We have BF or this? I want COD to stay the same...fast, super fun, arcade jump-in action!

Finally managed to finish the MW3 campaign and have to ,say the last 1/3rd of the campaign actually felt like COD2 :D ! Really good. Initial 2/3rd was a chore and mindnumbing, but the last parts really felt like I was back in COD2. Myabe those were the levels made by IW ! Who knows?

Also, gfx went really rad at the end ! I always liked the engine but didn't know it could push this much at 60fps !

Looking forward to seeing a full graphical overhaul on may21st. But , frankly, since this and BF4 have to work on ps360 too, we can't expect too major changes now, can we ?

Everyone who already hasn't should give Black Ops 2 a try, there's not a single COD game like it out there. And so far as the single player campaign is concerned, it's actually very clever...especially with it's decision making moments. Infact I've not played a single game till date that has had such a well implemented decision making, I say this because every other game lets you know specifically when you have to make a decision because it puts down the choices in front of you to pick....not in Black Ops 2.

yeah there so many things you can do on blops 2 that CHANGES the story. Its already more freedom than JRPG like Final Fantasy XIII :D

Everyone who already hasn't should give Black Ops 2 a try, there's not a single COD game like it out there. And so far as the single player campaign is concerned, it's actually very clever...especially with it's decision making moments. Infact I've not played a single game till date that has had such a well implemented decision making, I say this because every other game lets you know specifically when you have to make a decision because it puts down the choices in front of you to pick....not in Black Ops 2.

Interesting. I'd ignored the game entirely. I like branching stories and decision making.

A snippet of the game's engine:https://vine.co/v/b9mjlbtxvgW.

Seems like quite a bit of polygon is being used on the models. It also shows a hint of destructibility, and a facial model that looks like the one they demoed a few months back.

Yeah, they just seem to be showing off the increased geometry. The destruction part can't be called realtime, looks more prebaked, but yes, there are rumours that the SP will have some destructability this time around.

How the heck is this a "megaton?" Is there anyone on the planet who thought there was a possibility that (a) COD might not come out next year or (b) that it would be a PS3 exclusive?

The COD reveal helps raise the profile of the Xbox reveal, because COD fans of all kinds will want to see it (I have no interest in buying an Xbox, but I will still watch the COD trailer), but it's not going to have a huge impact on Xbox sales unless they confirm something like, "60 fps on Xbox, but 30 fps on PS3!" Or "We paid Activision $100m to restrict online multiplayer to Live only!" Exclusives matter. Exclusive features matter. Merely making the chattering Internet crowd aware that yes, cross-platform games exist, and you are selling a platform, isn't a game-changer.

I mean, no one's out there saying, "Oh my God, you mean COD is on XBOX?!?!? Holy shit!!!!!"

Yes, but it does guarantee them a megaton audience for their reveal. Later they will brag these numbers all around the internet ;) ! I will also tune in to watch the game reveals, but unless MS makes Live MP free for everyone, I am not even considering buying the next xbox. By bringing in COD reveal with the box, they are making sure the whole world stops and watches.

Its a great amrketing move by them, but yes, if u look at it otherwise, if they had confidence in their box, they wouldn't be banking on COD but on exclusives !
But all those analogies don't matter , COD does , and MS bagged ot for thier event !

Back