Call of Duty : Ghosts

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Interesting. I'd ignored the game entirely. I like branching stories and decision making.

Without spoiling, there's a level in game where you are asked to do something. I failed to do it and I thought it was how the plot was written, once I was done with the game and was browsing forums I came to know that I could have avoided an entire mission had I succeeded (and guess it's possible to fail this said mission as well !!). The game is filled with these sort of choices which will be completely hidden from being discerned as "choices", you have to think fast and things branch off without you even realising it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but it does guarantee them a megaton audience for their reveal. Later they will brag these numbers all around the internet ;) ! I will also tune in to watch the game reveals, but unless MS makes Live MP free for everyone, I am not even considering buying the next xbox. By bringing in COD reveal with the box, they are making sure the whole world stops and watches.

Its a great amrketing move by them, but yes, if u look at it otherwise, if they had confidence in their box, they wouldn't be banking on COD but on exclusives !
But all those analogies don't matter , COD does , and MS bagged ot for thier event !
I think MS vastly overestimates the impact of these glitzy reveals. I think they could probably reveal the next Xbox via a glossy brochure mailed to IGN and Gamespot, and it would affect their sales all of 0.0000001%.

Without spoiling, there's a level in game where you are asked to do something. I failed to do it and I thought it was how the plot was written, once I was done with the game and was browsing forums I came to know that I could have avoided an entire mission had I succeeded (and guess it's possible to fail this said mission as well !!). The game is filled with these sort of choices which will be completely hidden from being discerned as "choices", you have to think fast and things branch off without you even realising it.

Cool. Makes it a lot more interesting. Maybe if I ever see it cheap. I'm slowing down on my gaming quite a bit.

If there story for Ghosts is built like that, it would definitely make it appealing, especially if there aren't a lot of other good launch titles for next gen.

Interesting. I'd ignored the game entirely. I like branching stories and decision making.

Yeah, BO2 has an ending that is determined by how certain key missions and objectives are completed as well as certain decisions that a player gets to make as well as whether certain characters live or die during a mission. IIRC, there is something like 7 or 8 potential ending combinations that go from completely FUBAR to "as good as it gets" and everything in between.

I hope they continue that in Ghosts.

Regards,
SB

Back