Buzz! The TV Quiz for PS3 and PSP

All I know about it is that the multi-player is improved significantly, with now true 8 player online matches being possible. I may well get this game sometime soon, just wondering if I'll get the murder mystery one first.

I can't believe I haven't gotten this yet. This is right up my alley. Checked out the new TV Quiz Show game and with the sixaxis stuff it was quite a disappointment. It left all the casuals with a sad taste in their mouth. I'm thinking Buzz is what we are looking for.

All I know about it is that the multi-player is improved significantly, with now true 8 player online matches being possible. I may well get this game sometime soon, just wondering if I'll get the murder mystery one first.

What murder mystery ? EU only release ? You guys seem to be getting higher quality and more varied casual games than us over here.

Well I have not stooped so low yet, to play by myself with a controller in each hand.
But as Arwin says, when you go to play online, you can choose how many will play locally from you console 1-4 (not sure about above 4). And then it searches for a game, which currently it seems I am the only trying to do.

Then there are some different categories, where you choose to play for 45 min, type of quiz, ie fun, hardcore trivia etc. And you can also customize a game to include the rounds you want to include, I assume its similar to the same style as the PS2 versions had.

I am bugging all my PS3 owning friends to buy it :)

What murder mystery ? EU only release ? You guys seem to be getting higher quality and more varied casual games than us over here.

http://www.relentless.co.uk/games/blue-toad-murder-files

Eurogamer has a preview and interview. It's actually episode based, and we're getting the first episode 17 December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/blue-toad-murder-files-dated

I liked Buzz! School Quiz by the way - you need a PS2 compatible PS3 (or a PS2 obviously) and it's UK curriculum, but the questions are refreshingly challenging (which is almost ironic in a sense, but then its extra hard for non-natives ;) ).

Well, I decided to order it from play.com for 23,49 euro ...

Awesome detail - we'll still be using my old wired PS2 Buzz controller! ;)

Anybody gotten this yet? Still feels like I am the only one online :(

All the new offline mp varieties are fun, but the sp offline was a bit of a snooze, altough this is a mp game at its heart so its not unexpected.

The online part is disapointing, why not have the same options as the offline part, and not the same 4 type of rounds each time. And why just 4 rounds? Let the players seup a game with diffirent rounds etc as to what they like.

And where are the players, not sure if its a market issue or people are just tired of Buzz or if the idea is to get people to buy this for xmas and the marketing comes later, but nobody is online, I think I have been able to play about 4 rounds online.

Well I got EyePet a few days ago, so I'll probably have this by next week at the latest. From what you're saying I agree beforehand on the offline vs online options.

Well I got EyePet a few days ago, so I'll probably have this by next week at the latest. From what you're saying I agree beforehand on the offline vs online options.

Is there a version available without the camera? I did not see that in the store.

SCEA released free Buzz! player:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-with-facebook-integration-dualshock-support/

Today we’ll be launching the new BUZZ!: Quiz Player, a free BUZZ! experience that will be available to download on PSN. BUZZ!: Quiz Player lets you play through a variety of classic BUZZ! rounds like Point Builder, Fastest Finger, Point Stealer and Final Countdown while challenging your trivia knowledge with 90 sample questions. To access even more questions, you can use BUZZ!: Quiz Player’s in-game PSN Store launching feature to download a wide selection of question expansion packs including Comedy, Rock Legends, Space, U.S. Sports and more.

You can play the game without the Buzz! controller.

I go to PS Home sometimes to play the user-generated Buzz! quizzes. Admittedly, it's a lot of hassle to enter Home, load the space and play the mini-game. The Home team should have "bribed" the Buzz! team to add XML game launching. Auto-download the Buzz! player from Home if the user doesn't have one installed yet.

Back