Buzz! The TV Quiz for PS3 and PSP

SingStar (ABBA !), Buzz!, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune should all have demoes and full-game in Home (instead of standalone demoes). The combined experience will stack up. Besides, it helps to encourage usage in Home, and may provide opportunities for in-game advertising too.

EDIT: beaten. But the website is the same. The Buzz game is only just now releasing in the U.S., isn't it?

Yes you're right. Europe has a more vibrant casual gamer community in comparison. Does SCEA make any casual games at all (excluding PSN ones) ?

I just checked Qore. Buzz! is coming on 23rd Sept instead of next month. My bad.

Released today. I got it over lunch. $59.99 including the wireless buzzers.

Expecting visitors this weekend (Organzing an Iron Chef's event at home ;-)).
This will come in handy.

Let us know how it is. I have Scene It, but it's only movie trivia and not online. I'm interested in how the user content is integrated and the online is.

What do you want to know? The game has been out a while in Europe, after all. ;)

User content is created and managed through a webbrowser (I used PC) using the www.mybuzzquiz.com site which you can already use now. If you want to save them so you can use them in game, you log in on that site using your playstation ID.

Once in the game, you can select custom quizzes from a large group, by popularity, or quizzes you created yourself, or quizzes created by your friends.

There are very many quizzes showing up very fast generally, which is pretty cool.

There are currently some limitations however, some of which are a pity (but we've been promised updates ;) ):

- each user created quiz only contains 8 multiple choice questions, although you can make a playlist of several of these (also on the site), so that helps a bit. Still, it makes the quizzes a bit more repetitive than you'd like (though then again there are so many!)
- user created quizzes are played in a very limited style compared to the rest of the game, only simple multiple choice with the most points for the fastest finger.
- online play in general is pretty decent, although it's currently also limited to only three playstyles, and since the questions are so strongly thematised, this tends to get you repetition sooner if you stick to the basic set (which is still 5000 questions, but if you play the same category very often ... )
- online play is currently limited to sofa-vs-sofa, which basically means one player per playstation will hold a buzz controller for each online player.

Patsu, hopefully you have time to make (or find!) an Iron Chef themed set of questions. ;)

Just want to report back that we only played Buzz! for one round because we started the game too late. The questions are indeed varied (and can be difficult !). We tried questions on food, technologies, animals, fashion, etc. At the beginning, my kid scored higher than all the adults (because we took random guesses at the answers ^_^ ).

There are also quite a few quiz format (e.g., you can steal points from other opponents, pie someone, answer questions turn by turn, or compete for answers).

Need to try more when I am reunited with my PS3 again. Been too busy.

I finally picked Buzz (PS3) up. Great game, even solo. I can't seem to get 5,000 points for the trophy, the most I got was around ~4,500. You need to answer every question correct and do it quickly.

I picked up two DLC packs too, this game is made for DLC and there is a lot already. I played online twice, won once and came in second in the other. I played Arwin's B3D quiz, but it was mostly questions about himself, what vanity!

I finally picked Buzz (PS3) up. Great game, even solo. I can't seem to get 5,000 points for the trophy, the most I got was around ~4,500. You need to answer every question correct and do it quickly.

I picked up two DLC packs too, this game is made for DLC and there is a lot already. I played online twice, won once and came in second in the other. I played Arwin's B3D quiz, but it was mostly questions about himself, what vanity!

Ha ha, I should take that down! The original idea was, since beyond3d is as much about its forum members as anything else, that lots of posters would each add four questions about Beyond3D and four questions about themselves. If you put them all together (which you can - you can create a playlist online), that would make an interesting Beyond3D question set.

Of course, noone else picked this up. It could be fun to have at least 10 sets of questions, maybe just about the top 10 posters on the board. So I'll probably hide or modify this list for now.

Heh heh, has anyone tried the Buzz Junior DLC yet ?

I bought it. It is cute, but the difficulty is uneven. Some of the mini-games are easy enough for a 5-6 year old, but the baseball one is hard even for me. I also did not see an option to remove the CPU players, which is lame. The CPU will whoop your kids and make them feel inadequate, not good.

I have this as well, we should go online and get some games in!

Even though I'm sure most of you would beat me pretty bad, lol.

I have it too. And I love it. Mainly trying to beat my gf over and over. Despite thinking I'm better than her in all sorts of ways she beats me regularly.

My own PS3 is shipping overseas with the game itself but hopefully I will have followed said PS3 within a month so will be up for a little competition.

Really fun game.

Anybody got the latest Buzz game, Buzz Quiz World, can not find anybody online to play with :(
Also there are only 2 single player modes, even mybuzz stuff i minimum 2 players now, at least I have not figure out how to play them without having 2 or more players.

Ha ha, these days I go to the Buzz! Home space to have a few light quizzes with my family and other Home goers. :p

What does Quiz World do ? It's not marketed heavily here in Americas, me think.

Back